Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

What's your status?

Our dealer offered over $1000 more than CarMax but we did it to have a bargaining "tool" if needed.
  2. I

What's your status?

We picked ours up last night and they honored the $1000 rebate! WooHoo!!!
  3. I

What's your status?

Could today ACTUALLY be THE day???? Ordered 2/1 Built 3/15 ETA 3/21 ETA 3/30 Awaiting shipment FOREVER Shipped 4/13 Arrived in Los Angeles 4/21 ETA 4/26 The dealer called yesterday and said he expects it on his lot around 11AM today. He'll need a few hours to install the DVD players...
  4. I

For those with 3/14 roll-off dates

Oops, meant to say it left Chicago on 4/13 and arrived in Los Angeles on 4/21. Our ETA per Seni is 4/26 and the dealer said he expects it Mon or Tues so that sounds right! Just hope there are no more delays!!!
  5. I

Our car came via Norfolk Southern and then Union Pacific. It left Chicago on 4/13 and arrived in Los Angeles on 4/26. Hoping to FINALLY, FINALLY get a phone call next week that it's here and ready!!!
  6. I

What will I need for an 11ft paddle board

So, while this is primarily my car, my husband is going to use it to carry his paddle board to and from the beach (he's been borrowing our neighbors truck for a year!!!!) We're getting the dealer installed roof racks but my question is what else will we need? Does anyone know?
  7. I

What's your status?

No ETA for me either...well, actually, my ETA is 3/30...LOL!
  8. I

DVD Headrest and other options questions

Yay, Tangled is a combo pack!!!!
  9. I

Oh yeah, I forgot about the combos. I'm off to check to see if I bought Tangled as a combo. My daughter is getting it in her Easter basket (last I heard from the bunny ;) and I know it's going to be the first DVD she'll want to watch in the new car!
  10. I

What's your status?

Yes, congrats!!! Just got the visibility report from the dealer and our car is now in Texas, headed West. Chugga Chugga Choo Choooooooooo!!!!!
  11. I

That's what I thought....so, looks like I should be keeping the Blu-Ray Tangled in the house and get a regular version for the car...crud!
  12. I

DVD Question Totally random and probably VERY lame but can I play Blu-Ray DVDs on the DVD players in my new Explorer???
  13. I

Me! My car is in transit (FINALLY) and as of 6AM this morning (Monday) it was in Topeka. I'm hoping it will be here no later than the end of next week but we'll see!
  14. I

What's your status?

LOL, I bet they are together!!! Our dealer informed us this morning that our car, at 6AM today was in Topeka, Kansas! Still quite a ways for mine to go. My family also picked a day with the winner getting $10. I picked the latest day to hopefully avoid disappointment!!!
  15. I

Lets see some pics of your new Explorers!

It's ok, I ordered 2/1 and I'm still waiting too!
  16. I

What's your status?

Fingers crossed!!! I'm in SoCal so maybe they'll drop yours off first?!?!
  17. I

What's your status?

Wonder if our cars are together. Ours was FINALLY "in transit" on 4/13 and headed to California too. Our family took bets on what day it would actually get here. I think I picked the latest day to hopefully avoid disappointment!
  18. I

Lets see some pics of your new Explorers!

More, more, please!!! We ordered 2/1 and since then I've seen a grand total of 5 out and about. 2 gray (the color we picked), 1 white and 2 black. Dying to be able to post my own picture!
  19. I

What's your status?

Same with mine. Built 3/15 with 2.7 and in transit since 4/13, still with 2.7.
  20. I

What's your status?

Ours was built on March 15 and was officially in transit as of yesterday 4/13. Almost a month of releases, re-releases, moved off site, moved back on-site, etc. Hopefully yours will be on a train headed to you soon. It was a VERY frustrating process to say the least....and I still don't have...
  21. I

How long from "In Transit" to "At Dealer?"

Yes, LOL. Our dealer has NO clue. When I asked how long it would take for them to install the DVD player and roof rails he was surprised to learn they were dealer installed. Yikes!
  22. I

My husband just got off the phone with the dealer and he told him 2-3 days...LOL. No WAY! I'm hoping next week at some point but again, not holding my breath.
  23. I

So, just like everything with this process I know this timeline is going to vary greatly but I wanted to get an idea for how long it's taking these cars to arrive. I got the great news today that mine is "In Transit." In in San Diego so I'm prepared for another long wait. Hopefully I'll...
  24. I

Omg...woohooooooooooo!!!!!!

I honestly felt like I would never hear the words, "in transit" but I heard them this morning!!!! My ETA still hasn't changed and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high but just the fact that my car left the "awaiting shipment" hole it was in is making me giddy!!!!! I REALLY hope this...
  25. I

Delivery Times!!!!

Yay! These kinds of posts are giving me a glimmer of hope!
Back