Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Fuel door spring

Ya know those cheep key rings that auto repair places put your keys on? I had a couple of those hanging around and with a pair of pliers, opened one up a bit so that it was about the same size as the original spring. I bent the ends up... well, one up and one down, and installed it. Once I saw...
  2. P

Fuel door spring

Yeah, I know this is an old thread but I Googled and of course I should've come here first. Anyhow, I bought the 770-2126 spring and it's way smaller in diameter and way too strong to use on plastic parts. It says General Purpose Spring Torsion 27. I guess I'll have to go to Ace and look through...
  3. P

Replacing the front wheel bearing/hub

Not sure where you see the $100 bearing on Rock Auto. The only front hub/bearing I can find using their dropdown menu is a $172.79 part. I can buy 3 of the cheaper ones for that price. At least with the discount code the cheaper Moog from Advance is $112. Sure glad I’m going to be selling this...
  4. P

Replacing the front wheel bearing/hub

I need to replace the front wheel bearing/hub on my '03 Exp Sport. It's pretty straight forward (I watched a video). AutoZone parts and Advance Auto parts are pretty expensive. I see AM Auto Parts has one for $51.25 with free S/H and 1A Auto has the same thing for $64.95 with free shipping. Are...
  5. P

Won't shift back to 2WD from 4High

OK, but I have even come to a complete stop and put it in neutral and it didn't disengage. Only when it goes into reverse would it drop back to 2WD. I'll try what you suggest on the way home as we just got 3" of snow with a bit more expected.
  6. P

You mean downshifting? That may work temporarily but it isn't a fix. Have no warm place to crawl under it for the time being so I can't do much yet.
  7. P

Not sure how that will make a difference but the tires are the same size and properly inflated.
  8. P

I would think that standing at a stop and putting it neutral would have released it but it needs to go into reverse.
  9. P

Shift motor maybe?
  10. P

My '03 Explorer Sport shifts just fine from 2WD to 4 Hi when driving. According to the owner's manual it says it can shift in and out of 2WD-4Hi at highway speeds. The problem is, it won't disengage from 4WD unless I come to a complete stop and shift to reverse and go back a smidge. When I put...
  11. P

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

Sure, it's better to buy a new vehicle too. Soldering it is easy, whether you use the old 510's or get new resistors
  12. P

Ignition switch failing?

No I didn't. The problem is so sporadic it's not worth my time digging into it and besides, pretty soon I'll have a brand new Chevrolet Pickup and won't have to worry about ever owning another Ford product again.
  13. P

That would be an interesting mod to post about
  14. P

I replaced the crappy 510's with better carbon resistors which are lifted from board slightly
  15. P

Does this place use the 510 resistors or do they use the better ones?
  16. P

Yeah, just don't ask how I know or how many times I learned that lesson.
  17. P

You didn't put them back in backwards did you?
  18. P

Ignition switch failing?

After I posted I figured there would be a tumbler part and a switch part and either would be replaceable. If it is one or the other I would think I would prefer it to be the switch rather than the tumble part. Hate to have to buy new keys and all.
  19. P

Ignition switch failing?

So, the last few times I went to start my truck, the ignition key wouldn't turn to the run/start position. I tried turning the steering wheel back and forth and it didn't make any difference. I turned the key backwards to the ACC position and then it freed it up so it would turn to the start...
  20. P

What color?

Didn't take you as aggresive, Took it as neglected to include important information
  21. P

What color?

Nope, my truck isn’t painted on the wheel arches like the one in the photo. My door sticker only says G2 as shown here. However, the color of the trim shown does look similar to the color of mine and is a good starting point.
  22. P

What color?

I know the color code for the main paint. I am looking for the color or the bumpers and running board steps
Back