Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Regearing the front differential - possible solution

I just called to the service department of Ford and they guy told me that he is not aware of any reprogramming job after changing the differentials. I explained what I'm planning to do and he said that I just need to make sure that the crown of the pinion is correctly installed. I don't know...
  2. F

Thanks to Wills05XLT4x4 for the good info and Ronin as well for editing your previous post. I will call Ford here in my town (Tijuana Mexico) and see what they say, I know that there are some laws in the US that doesn't apply to Mexico (specially those that have to do with environment)...
  3. F

thanks for the insight James, will start saving for the diff and reprogram. I appreciate your help on this,
  4. F

Great, so I will make sure that I don't get any diff that could be leaking... I don't have traction control RSC, but thanks for the tip... I will make sure that I don't get one diff that could have this. So I will need to reprogram it, no matter if I have traction control or not, right...
  5. F

Thanks Ronin for your quick responses, this definitely helps me a lot. Just another question, what seals should I replace when swaping the 3.73 diff in? I already replaced one seal that goes from the diff to the axle (one that is very common) but are there some more inside of the...
  6. F

Hi all, I'm ready to spend on bigger tires now but I definitely want to change my gear ratio to at least 3.73 from 3.55 to don't affect my mpg much. I know that the increment should by 2 but my budget only allows me one. I just want to confirm that getting the diff from a junkyard just like...
  7. F

02 Brake Light Switch

I changed mine with the Windstar replacement as well not too while ago (less than a year) and it seems that I don't have rear lights again, at least I know what to check now.
  8. F

How to: 1.5" body lift for less than $50

Hey man, here's my X with stock tires 235's and 1.5 BL...
  9. F

lifted 2002 explorer

hey piercesean, what size are your tires? the X looks awesome man!! :thumbsup:
  10. F

How to change spark plugs on 02 Explorer XLT 4.0

Just changed all 6 spark plugs and everything worked fine. Definitely it's a good idea to take the right front tire because it makes all easier (you can definitely change the 3 plugs in less than 20min)... the left side was the hardest for me, I didn't take the tire out because I thought that it...
  11. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Here are a couple of pics so you can see how I mounted it to the bumper, it is pretty simple... The support in the middle: And how I ran the wires to the hood... Sorry for the dirt on the pics but I went this weekend to test the install and ride in the bike and this is how she...
  12. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I bought it in craiglist, the previous owner had it on a cherokee. As far as the install, I just drilled one hole in the bumper for each side and one for the wires right in the middle of the bar (just behind the support that it has in the middle). The electric part was done by a shop, I suck...
  13. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Here's a night pic after connecting my light bar... :D
  14. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

thanks Steve, it looks a little bit funny just like MGG mentions but if I plan on having only a smaller spacer in front and nothing in the back, it might look less funny(I hope). maybe I can get some 245's, it shouldn't make much difference right? I saw that you had 245's and spacers and didn't...
  15. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

thanks Nate! does anybody know a guy that might be running spacers (1.5 or 1.25'') and running stock tires? I don't want to change to bigger tires unless I have the money to spent on new gears...
  16. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

thanks man, your EX look pretty cool :thumbsup:... but you haven't install the ones in the back right? I'm thinking on having only front spacers to make it look higher up in the front and it seems that it won't look bad based on your pics...
  17. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

what size are you front spacers? you used spacer for the lift right? :dunno::dunno:
  18. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

thanks dude, I always wanted one bar like yours but when I asked for prices locally they were like 180bucks + lights and this one cost me much less than that...
  19. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I did it myself and it was pretty straight forward... I'm not the best just drilled 2 holes on the bumper and the support in the middle... I'm still not sure if I did the correct thing drilling the bumper but I hope this holds... while I was re-installing the bumper, I repainted it so it looks...
  20. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Thanks man, I got the bar from my good friend "craiglist", lol :biggthump... it looks like it was on a 90s chero and it only cost me $70 bucks...
  21. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Here's a new addition to my X... :D They are not connected yet but will be tomorrow or Wednesday... Let me know what you think...
  22. F

Photos 3rd gen pic's

What do you guys think about this?? :D (I know that it's 2nd gen but I thought it was going to be funny)... This is a mexican custom ex... :thumbsup: No offense for all those with 2nd gen...
  23. F

4.3 motive gears

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge, it looks like I will have to wait to save some money to re-gear the front and read differentials... I just remembered that I have the axel 45 (3.55 gears) so probably I will go with 4.10 then as you all suggest... I will have to stick to my funny...
  24. F

4.3 motive gears

Thanks for the info man, when I change from 4Hi to 4lo manually moving the knob on the TC, it does engaged the 4lo, so I know that at least that gear works, I always thought that since the 4hi should engage autom on this system, it was never going to do it because it didn't have the shift motor...
Back