Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Wanted WTB 265/75/15 or 31 10.5 15 tires or tire and wheel for 97 x in FL

Maybe I dont know how to search. What did you search by?
  2. R

Wanted WTB 265/75/15 or 31 10.5 15 tires or tire and wheel for 97 x in FL

WTB 265/75/15 or 31 10.5 15 tires or tire and wheel for 97 x Like the title states looking for either wheel and tire package or just tires for my 97 explorer. Located St. Petersburg, FL Thanks!
  3. R

How to: Replace a thermostat on a 2000 4.0L SOHC V6

There are a couple of bolts and hoses. When you take the hoses off a good trick is to get the blue or bright green painters tape and put a piece where you took the hose off and number it 1 and put a piece on that hose that went there and label it 1 with a permanent marker. Keep doing this for...
  4. R

Temp gauge issues

My back thermostat bolt stuck into the brass nut and wouldnt come out but then the whole brass part came out with my housing. I just gorrila glued the brass part back and its holding strong :-) So its the sensor being waked out? If I get a new sensor will the gauge re set?
  5. R

Power Locks Dont Work

You may want to look at the locking items inside the door. I had to bend and adjust my bars so when I unlocked with key it would work. All the other doors would unlock but drivers of course so I fixed it and now it works.
  6. R

Crisis - car wont start after a pit stop.....

I'm going to say stuck solenoid.
  7. R

Arm rest recover!

Great kit to re-do your arm rest and cheap. take your time and just keep re doing it until its the way you want it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290415599100&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
  8. R

Temp gauge issues

I have a 97 SOHC 4.0l explorer and the temp gauge is way off and always hot or way past hot. Anyway to reset it? Anyone else ever had this issue?> Thanks
  9. R

How to: Replace a thermostat on a 2000 4.0L SOHC V6

Mine was not this easy to access and I took the upper intake off to look for leaks and really easy access to the thermostat.
  10. R

Water leak (Back motor driver side)

Yea it is a little crammed but doable. Just pay attention to where things went and go lol. BEST ADVICE ON HOSES AND WIRES. Take GREEN bright GREEN painters tape and wrap around each side of connection so thats 2 pieces of tape one for one side and another for the other of where it plugs in...
  11. R

A/C weak air flow

Mine will blow colder air better than any car i have sat in! Might want to check vent routing (loose pipes maybe AC'in your dash lol) also blower motor could be bad or maybe blower resistor? Anyone else? I try to clean my blower motor out with CRC electrical cleaner only on the electrical...
  12. R

Ok so i am the idiot here. I check the leak further and took off top of intake to see if maybe...just maybe the thermostat housing was leaking in the back. You guessed right...it was! Big time! And couldnt see it unless top intake was off (which makes doing a thermostat 10 tiems easier...
  13. R

Wasnt my picture above. Also from what I have read it might be frost plug. Are there any water hoses behind engine in that area>? Also possible heater core or hose? I can't find hose diagram anywhere. Thanks Going to tear into it Friday to get a better look. I'm 100000% positive...
  14. R

Its in my first post? 1997 4.0l sohc v6
  15. R

Part numbers for lower intake gasket?
  16. R

Sway Bar Bushing Replacement

I did this over the weekend with MOOG parts and was a great fix! Easy to do.
  17. R

Found this: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/232373-coolant-loss-4-0l-ohv-lower-intake-gasket.html Trying to find the gasket first just in case if I need it. Advance auto not pulling it up weird...
  18. R

Do you have a diagram of cooling system? Also I don't mind I build engines and tinker on cars all the time. This explorer is just a very tight fit in the back hard to see. Makes sense might as well change it truck is about to turn 100k miles. I will check tonight thanks for the post. Do...
  19. R

Ok guys I've been fixing up my 1997 explorer 4wd sohc v6. I changed our sway bar bushing and endlinks. Took it for a test drive and look down and it says check gauge I look and the water temp is on H not in red but on the H 12 o clock. So I said hmm Never had cooling issues besides changing out...
  20. R

Wanted Complete Exhaust 97 4.0 sohc

I looked into it they don't have systems without cats. I'm really not wanting to pay $300+ just for cats.
  21. R

No one has exhaust? lol
  22. R

I have the stock headers and thats about it. Does anyone have a good suggestion for Y pipe and muffler system? Stock is ok. Thanks
Back