Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2011 Explorer Lower Grill Full of Leaves

That's the plan when I get home tonight. Wish Ford had used some twist-loc fasteners to gain access. But that would be too easy.
  2. B

2011 Explorer Lower Grill Full of Leaves

Hi all, been a while since I posted. Fall is here and my yard guys just filled my upper and lower grill-radiator areas full of leaves! Don't see any logical way to open the area up for leaf removal. Does the entire front end have to be removed? Pissed.
  3. B

Proud owner of a 2011 Limited!

Congrats on your new ride. Yours sounds just like mine. I have 30K miles on mine, never any issues. Take the time to learn the MFT/Sync stuff and you won't become frustrated. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
  4. B

Ford refuses to honor warranty

Why do you think Ford should warrant the missing part? Porsche and Mercedes don't warrant trim in most cases. Sometimes there are exceptions made for good customers, but ultimately the manufacturer can kick the claim back to the dealer. If the customer is a frequent flyer, the service...
  5. B

Power Seat Switch Aluminum Dress-Up Kit

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on here. Still loving my 2011, and still zero problems. Two items though have bugged me since I bought it. The first is the lack of illuminated door sills for the new Explorer. Every Ford model has illuminated door sills as an accessory. Every...
  6. B

Explorer Brake Upgrades

I think there is some confusion here about stopping power. The brakes on the new Explorer are well beyond the adhesion capability of the tires. So the burden of hauling-down the Explorer in a panic situation is on the tires, not the brakes. You may shorten the clamping time by a milisecond with...
  7. B

power liftgate reopens when starting Ex..

What he said. Why can't these guys spend a half-hour reading the owners manual?
  8. B

Why did you buy

Ford is in our bloodline. Wouldn't consider another brand.
  9. B

apim replacement made backup camera not work as well

Anyone here that drives all the makes on a regular basis knows that the Explorer's camera is one of the best. The color sat is good, and the definition is the best I've seen. Put a Mercedes in reverse and you get a fish-eye view of the bumper and the ground back a few feet. Our camera is also...
  10. B

Ford Dealer says they do not provide SD cards for upgrade

Same with me, but no upgrade kit has come to my house. I don't understand why Ford tells us that they will send it to us and never does. This leaves the dealer holding the bag for all the upgrades.
  11. B

Crash Record Module - Black Box??

I see it as a way for Manufacturers to defend against bogus claims like Audi's unintended acceleration and Ford's Firestone tires. If these recorders had been in those cars back then, driver error would have been evident, and all the ambulance chasers wouldn't have gotten rich.
  12. B

Rough Ride

Sorry for your crash. Why did you overinflate the tires? I'm pretty sure Ford wants them at 35lbs. That would make a huge difference in ride.
  13. B

Tire Pressure for 20" Hankook's

Oh, right, then 50lbs is MAX.
  14. B

Tire Pressure for 20" Hankook's

What it says on the tire has nothing to do with what is printed on the door jam. The placard on the door jam is the design tested pressure the manufacturer (Ford) wants to be used on that specific vehicle.
  15. B

seats discolored

Yes, blue denim only leaves marks on Ford seats. Never 9-year old Honda seats.
  16. B

Change Oil Alert

My thoughts exactly.
  17. B

2011 Explorer XLT side view mirror convex inserts unsafe at night! Options?

Unsafe at night? Says who? Most would agree that those mirrors are very handy. And without some $2 stick-on Chinese piece.
  18. B

upgraded MFT

There are two booklets that come with the upgrade packet. One is a 6 or 7 page operation guide, and another that shows how do report a successful install.
  19. B

Crucially Important! Fan Assembly/Motors, Lets Talk!

Never had the issue; had the connector SB done and all is OK. We'll miss you.
  20. B

Key Fob Range

That's not right; I can start my car from inside the back of my brick house from the kitchen on the upper level in the rear. I was impressed. Maybe your FOB batteries are no good.
  21. B

Vacation ruined by over heating New Explorer

I know a couple with an 2011 Cayenne that lost their coolant also. Sorry for your inconvenience.
  22. B

Power fold buttons

I had my service writer order me the improved switch housing. It's just a matter of moving the switches over to the new part and snapping it back in.
  23. B

Debating FWD vs. 4WD in Massachusetts

Also consider that you get 100%-plus of the $$-delta back in resale, plus you won't have as many people hang up on you when you tell them it's a front driver.
  24. B

She's Here!!!!!!!!!

Congrats. You will really like driving this Explorer. The features are awesome. And there are some great people on this site to help you if you need it.
Back