Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Solenoid Pack External Wire Harness

All the aftermarket connectors come on 12 wires on diff color, you need to ignore one of them, but to install the new one, the best way is number the old wires with masking tape tags and follow carefully the position of the new wires...not easy but possible....
  2. I

trans wire harness

There are two options, if you broke just the solenoid block connector (it´s a tail harness repair kit--$30-$40), or you need the whole harness from the tranny to the ECM. that´s a dealer part named "wire assembly " I got for my 05 explorer and pay only $139....
  3. I

5R55W lost 5th gear and O/D Light Blinking

SIMILAR PROBLEM Hi guys...I´m from Mexico and the English is not my own language, so I will try to do my best to explain the problem on my 05 XLT explorer with 5r55s tranny. I´m not a mechanic, just I´m who can explain a little bit in English what´s happening on my truck... When the car is...
  4. I

Puddle lights aftermaerket supplier

Hi. I have 05 explorer with rectangular puddle lights..(under the mirrors) . I need help to find out a supplier for the light housing. There are rounds only. Thanks
  5. I

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Hi, Just for emergency purposes: Open the glove box all the way ´till you can put your hand through the interior of the dash. Try to put your right hand fingers in the left side (close to the control knobs by inside) then with your left hand move the temperature knob back and forth and you´ll...
  6. I

10 Second Temporary Fix for Blend Door Actuator Problem...

Jim, TRY TO DO THIS. Put your right hand fingers inside left of the of the glove conpartment and with your left hand turn the knob up and down 'till you feel something moves inside, now, follow the ride of that thing that you feel on your fingers and push it to the direction of the "hot"...
  7. I

If this fits on 2010, that means Ford don´t fix their design defect yet.... They need high quality components, specially on gears where needs to be metal instead of plastic... I´m glad that you resolve temporally your problem. happy winter!!
  8. I

Hi, My english is not 100% but I´ll try to help you. I got exactly the same issue. There is an emergency and quick way to heat your car while you buy the part and find who can replace it. Complete open the glove compartment (right side of the dash) to reach the door/blend gate with your right...
  9. I

check rockauto.com--I found good price and service. just follow the instructions to reach your part# . good luck
  10. I

I recommend to check at rockauto.com to get a blend door for $41 including postal fees. (I got a 2005 explorer -manually control- blend door actuator) for this price.
  11. I

Thanks for your post!!!!!!! I closed the blend door in little more than 10 seconds. (maybe 20 sec.) 'till I feel on my finger wich way to push the handle. The clicking noise still there but if you move the selector back to little bit before the hottest range, it will stop. I found the actuator...
  12. I

yES, I got your post ready printed to use upon arrives the part. thanks. You did a great job step by step. Now I know why you do this job like that. (you're military). Thanks again. :salute:
  13. I

Blend door mannually Hi, how can i move by hand the blend door for a 2005 explorer? Just to wait for the actuator part arrival.
  14. I

"Hola" everybody!!

I'm just register as a member because I got a '05 XLT 4x4 explorer. I'm in Old Mexico, so I'm sorry for my bad english writing. (I speak terrible!!). Just on my second day as a member. I'm happy to find a complete explanation on how to fix the blend door. a whole lot of pictures and text...
Back