Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

I’m totally not new, but.....

How many og’s still posting from the early 00’s? 5%?
  2. O

Howdy Mike. I’ve lurked, but the old girl never gives me any trouble in 21 years so I don’t always have a lot to talk about. Lol. I do today though so feel free to slide by the ranger forum. :)
  3. O

I haven’t posted in 16 years. Is that a record? :)
  4. O

I have a code issue (and it’s been 16 years since I posted, so help me lol)

I don’t talk much...... but occasionally I’m stumped and need some help. :) 1997 2.3L 5 speed P0171 code. i cleaned my maf, and did everything in this video. Please watch it and see if you can help me. I’m using a scanner and have a lot of good info in the vid. Rattled off and run around as...
  5. O

What gauge wire should I use for a 300 watt amp

10 gauge will do. if you plan to upgrade, consider larger wire.
  6. O

What gauge wire should I use for a 300 watt amp

WHAT 300 watt amp? legacy 300 watt - 10 amps fusion 300 watt amp- 25 amps memphis 300 watt amp- 40 amps US amps 300 watt amp - 60+ amps exactly WHAT amp are you using?
  7. O

Rattling... is dynamat the answer?

Having owned a couple of X's (and a few car audio stores to boot) Let me tell you there are so many things that can rattle in an X you'd go broke trying to dynomat it all out (plus dyno isnt for rattles, it just happens to help sometimes) . in the hatch, there are a few key things that...
  8. O

LMAO Look what this dumb@$$ did...

as far back as 1991 Lexus (toyota) has made one of the most impressive v-8's to ever be produced. 400k miles lifespan on 70% or better of all ever made. Just shy of 300 HP. completely non-interferance. People snap timing belts on them and just throw a new one on and keep driving. Ask Stephen.
  9. O

Totalled

you gotta quit puting pics of girls licking beer bottles on your car domain site. i almost didnt remember why i was there. :P
  10. O

H.I.D. Kits are now ILLEGAL and BANNED in the United States.

If you read the links (not trying to be a smart ass) you'd see that the ban was on non-filament bulbs. H.I.D.'s are just as such. they actually creatively created the law specifically to eliminate aftermarket H.I.D.'s.
  11. O

H.I.D. Kits are now ILLEGAL and BANNED in the United States.

All the people who have aftermarket H.I.D headlights are soon to be without a dealer for replacement bulbs and H.I.D. kit's. As of 8/15/2003 the National Highway Safety and Transportation Board has Passed into ordinance the law banning the sale of aftermarket H.I.D.'s. You see them, the...
  12. O

SPL BRAGGING RIGHTS

the key word here was "I" for the other 8 million people that spend their hard earned money on a system that suites THEIR needs, i would assume all is well spent. Thank god for different tastes and styles.
  13. O

before and after scratch-x

my white '97 stepside ranger has similar debris in the paint. i bought a claybar kit today. it's going to take me half of tommorrow to finish it, but ya can't beat a good claybar :) one day i'll try that scratch x stuff too, for now i'm trying to do it the way they do it in the body shop...
  14. O

Finished off the wood

there is something intriguing about the black center and woodgrain wheel..... perhaps i'd be even more happy if the wood didnt wrap so much of the wheel, but hell i like it !! The only thing better would be a nice clean thin wrap of wood that didn't exactly go into the inner handle area, but...
  15. O

Look at me glow

white looks good on ANYTHING because it is so clean. you go putting all these colors on a car and it looks like a damn ghetto x-mas tree. I applaud you doing the white. keep it clean and real. (thumbup!)
  16. O

SPL BRAGGING RIGHTS

I disagree. but..... that was months ago. get over it. your going to let me have my opinion if you want yours. i'm good here, myself.... and done.
  17. O

HELP how do you cover with vinyl

if you dont use padding you will see: screw heads poking up through the vinyl rough uneven lines where the seams meet woodtexture in the top of the vinyl and very rough sharp edges on the box. even the surface of the wood will show bumps in the vinyl.
  18. O

Quadrasub 20,000 WATTS!! Has anyone seen this?

lmao @ aspen. you want some high quality earplugs, that's the ticket :) i don't even have a boomer problem here, and i still wear earplugs. (dogs, old house creaking, etc..)
  19. O

HELP how do you cover with vinyl

you will need: thin layer of foam padding extremely good glue, no cheap stuff. and a heat gun to form the corners, no exceptions. the rest you'll figure out. p.s.- and a practice sheet of vinyl :)
  20. O

So You Have 725.00 ......

I'd take the money, invest it into something and turn it into 5g's and THEN buy the system :)
  21. O

are Double DIN's worth it?

broke out the hacksaw ...eh? :D They DO look great in ford's because they are usually "busy" looking, like the X itself:) I'd love to see a pic sometime jason.
  22. O

are Double DIN's worth it?

if you own a dodge or nissan they are great. the aftermarket double din recievers were made to fit cars that came factory with DD radios. Ford isn't one of them.
  23. O

Before you ask a Question, READ THIS !

If you see your question here go to the link at the bottom relating to the section you are needing to view for the answer. I have spent many years in car audio as an installer and an owner of car audio stores as well as the electronics engineering/technician field and i personally know some of...
  24. O

best sealed box shape?

You can change technology all you want, you can't change the base principles of sound. The "perfect" box is rectangular in shape, slightly longer than wider (15 to 25 % ) and holds correct airspace. Creating a perfect cube can cause phase shift, though ocasionally a subwoofer will be...
  25. O

Help! New head unit install Failed

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Back