Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

6R60 trans fluid change

were you able to pour it in thru the lines? I didnt mess with them.. just pumped out and back in with hand xfer pump in thru the plug
  2. A

6R60 trans fluid change

no I didnt ever get the update done, I first felt the stop bump at like 84-85k.. so decided to service myself.. just changed fluid, cleaned pan and filter, and it pretty much completely went away as did the rough park to drive bump.. and it overall shifted and behaved 100 percent better.. at the...
  3. A

6R60 trans fluid change

comments my transmission was fairly warm still when I changed fluid because I drove from my house to the shop to put it on the lift, but I did not do with it running or any type of live exchange.. pumped old stuff out, new stuff in.. it exchanged at least 90 percent of fluid proven by the...
  4. A

6R60 trans fluid change

I used Ford service info after switching out it said something like put in reverse neutral, each gear back to neutral, reverse,drive, neutral then ran it at like 200 or 2500 rpms for a minute or two.. I did all while on a lift, then drove a couple miles... but I cannot find that paper I got it...
  5. A

6R60 trans fluid change

Make sure if u go with the amsoil you get the low viscoscity one i think it says LV right on the front if I remember right... my trans felt 100 percent different/better after the switch.. I had the issue with the parts store filter as well giving the five speed one.. and the dealer wouldnt sell...
  6. A

6R60 trans fluid change

flush if thats true I suppose its probably not that bad but but the junks all still in there so I feel the pan and filter cleaning/ replacement is worth doing it yourself to start with.. plus its fairly easy.. just takes some patience, a cheap hand pump and making a small fitting for the end...
  7. A

6R60 trans fluid change

The Amsoil jug I bought was 2.5 gallons, or 10 qt.. I used almost all of it, so it replaced about 10qts of old fluid with new synthetic fluid. As for previous posts, somebody can call it "sealed and maintence free" all they want.. but at 80k miles in my pan and on my filter was some sludge and...
  8. A

6R60 trans fluid change

No i did not as the fluid costs 100 bucks.. too expensive for me to waste and you use alot of it.. I suppose if you really wanted to you could do that with factory LV fluid.. fill then run then drain again, but I barely had the money for the $100 jug of amsoil.. youd basically have to throw out...
  9. A

6R60 trans fluid change

changed my own fluid Details.. Make sure you use the Amsoil LV low viscosity fluid if you dont want to blow your trans!.. Here we go.. the pan drops like any normal pan.. mine needed to be cleaned.. to the fluid.. on the passenger side, on the bottom/side of the trans, but on the top side...
  10. A

6R60 trans fluid change

changed my own fluid Changed my own fluid at about 90k.. put in Amsoil's new Low Visc. trans fluid.. ford uses LV fluid for this trans as well. Link: http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atl.aspx .... the factory fluid was ok but not too great.. was little mucky and definately past its prime. I...
  11. A

2006 Mecury Mountaineer ignition coil question.

Replaced all coils with accel.. with new autolite plugs at same time.. runs GREAT have bout 6k miles on them now
  12. A

2006 EX 4.6 3v P0305

update? did this finally solve for good?
  13. A

Misfire diagnosis

update? did u do the intake? was it the cause?
  14. A

problems yeah I think if the moron engineers would have designed a plastic cover with a gasket to seal it for that valley.. it would prob solve half the spark plug freezing issues and most of the coil issues, prob would cost them $3 a car when building to have added.. most of us would welcome...
  15. A

Slight jerk or bucking merging on to highway, advise?

thats what I was hoping to hear! im still under warranty for 2 more months.. so gonna try to get dealer to fix.. but ya know its amazing they can never seem to duplicate the problem.. then chrg 100 bucks for diags. that i gotta pay since they couldnt find anything.. until the warranty runs out...
  16. A

wife jc, did you ever do the accells? Im looking at them now they are much cheaper than motorcrafts from the dealer! tell the wifey you need all of them and you found a cheaper, better replacement. ;
  17. A

Slight jerk or bucking merging on to highway, advise?

me too mine is missing too as light throttle and low rpm mostly in high gear.. starts at 1250 rpm, definately feels like at least one cylinder missing kinda bucks, then clears up at 1500 rpm.. if you stomp it it blows past it no problem.. wanna nip it in the bud.. has anyone had diagnostics...
  18. A

hooking up sirius to stock radio

hi my 06 mounty has the sirius ready headunit in it.. I have sirius in my other car with its own screen wired in to run through fm... would like to hook it up in mountaineer through factory stereo.. what do I need to do?.. is the wiring all there? do I need to plug in the lighter? do i need to...
  19. A

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

V8 any talk of an optional V8 yet or is there one available?
  20. A

light behind light switch?

new finding My fiancee found one thing she dislikes too shes been complaining about.. we have two little girls and anytime she tries to reach back to them or get anything for them out of her bag that she keeps at her feet.. the seatbelt gets extended all the way out to its childseat lock...
  21. A

Keyless entry code for a 2008 Ford Explorer.

thanks sometimes you dont know who is talking to who on here.. can definately get confusing.. thanks for the help
  22. A

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

how do i post photo if its a file in my computer?
  23. A

IN Dash 6 CD Changer "No Disc" Error

recently got my 06 mountaineer.. anyone know how to get code for radio to hook up cirius? KI have in other car, in this its built in I guess.. and cant find code written anywhere
  24. A

Keyless entry code for a 2008 Ford Explorer.

so wait... final answer please, 06 mountaineer code in back panel or DS fuse panel?
  25. A

light behind light switch?

thanks so far that and the stupid door handle/ grab bar setup are my only real complaints.. guess Im doin good :thumbsup:
Back