Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

95/96 4wd Transmission in Georgia

No answer?
  2. 2

Also, does the mountaineer transmission from the same years fit? Or is there a ranger with the 4.0l v6 4wd, and would that transmission fit? And would an explorer sport transmission fit? Sorry for the questions, I just need to get this transmission before mine dies.
  3. 2

Anybody know of anywhere in or around Gwinnett, Atlanta, Blue Ridge, Marietta, anywhere in upper half of Georgia that may have a used 95/96 4wd automatic transmission? For $300 or less? Preferably with less than 100k miles on it?
  4. 2

Transmission fitment

Just realized you answered that... And I responded... Sorry... Long weekend and day so far
  5. 2

Transmission fitment

So this shop I'm scheduling a transmission check with says it might either be a reverse belt or adjustment and the whole repair should cost about $300. This sound right to anyone?
  6. 2

Transmission fitment

Ok, well that sucks because I don't have that much money. Guess I'll be getting a junk one from a yard with less miles and hoping that works out
  7. 2

Exterior black plastic parts turning white

Well basically your only other option is to get new ones and install them. Using the paint scheme I suggested will make them look factory again, and it'll cost you all of $2 plus tax
  8. 2

Transmission fitment

I searched, nothing really answers this. But wanted to check and see before I buy another transmission and do the r&r. My truck has all the forward gears, shifts nicely, 4wd works, but reverse only really works on flat ground, and without the wheels turned much if at all. I can't back up my...
  9. 2

Transmission fitment

Thank You
  10. 2

Exterior black plastic parts turning white

Mask off around the trim pieces, buy a 99 cent can of interior/exterior matte black spray paint, and a 99 cent can of interior/exterior satin clear coat. Apply a few coats of the matte black, and then apply a few coats of the satin clear. This should keep it from fading anytime soon, if really...
  11. 2

97 Explorer XLT. Seat belt replacement.

Try at a junk yard. And they're super easy to replace. Just pop the b pillars off, and there's three T40 torx bolts and one, I think it's a 1/2 inch, bolt to remove and you can just pop the old one out and the new one in.
  12. 2

Transmission fitment

Help?
  13. 2

Transmission fitment

Nobody knows?
  14. 2

Transmission fitment

Hello all, I've got a 95 explored xlt with the 4.0 liter v6 and 4wd, it has just over 200k miles on it. My question is that the other day, it felt like reverse slipped some, I was backing up a driveway, and it got to a certain point, and decided it wasn't going any further, with talking to a few...
  15. 2

Fitment of interior

I'm talking about the seats... Not the dash... I've got everything replaced, except for the drivers seat because it has a different harness
  16. 2

Fitment of interior

Can you give me an idiots quick how to on the rewire for that? As I've done minor stereo stuff, I haven't rewired something like this. Do I need the harness out of the 98 limited from the floor? Or do I cut the harness off the 98 seat an wire that into the harness of the 95? Treat me like an...
  17. 2

Fitment of interior

Question, last one, we didn't take the dash out the first time we went. But when we switch everything over, it won't match. So will the whole dash and glove box from the 98 explorer limited fit in and around everything in the 95 explorer? Around the radio and ac controls and speed console and...
  18. 2

Fitment of interior

Oh my bad about that trying to sell stuff. Good to hear there's a wiring diagram just in case I have to do something about it
  19. 2

Fitment of interior

Since all that, anybody want tail lights from a 98 explorer limited? Tan interior? : )
  20. 2

Fitment of interior

Awesome! I appreciate that. I was really dreading having to try and take all that stuff back that we spent like four hours taking out. I wanted to ask before we spent the time cleaning and doing R&R. I appreciate that, I hope everything else falls into place.
  21. 2

Fitment of interior

Hello all, I'm new. I just bought my 1995 Ford Explorer a week ago, and have loved it so far. As my wife and I were walking through the junk yard, she found the seats out of a 1998 Explorer Limited that she liked more than ours, so we took them. Only to get them to the car to find they're the...
Back