Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Engine squeak

When I turn off my 2017 Explorer there is a belt slip type squeaking sound as it approaches zero rpms. I don't know why a belt would slip while slowing down. It has done this for a long time.
  2. D

When my 2017 explorer engine is turned off and the rpms are dropping toward zero there is a...

When my 2017 explorer engine is turned off and the rpms are dropping toward zero there is a squeaking sound similar to a belt squeak.
  3. D

Auto Start-Stop Technology

I haven't done anything to permanently disable it yet. I don't have many miles on the truck and want to make sure I have no warranty issues first.
  4. D

Auto Start-Stop Technology

I have a 2018 150 with auto start/stop. Love the truck, do not like having to disable the start/stop all of the time. I also have a 2017 Explorer. As of now, I would consider a 2020 Explorer, but not with the auto start/stop.
  5. D

Seat memory issues

Once or twice a week my seat moves all the way forward when I leave the car and close (and lock) the door. It does not move back into the programmed position when I open the door or start the car. I do not have it programmed to my key fob. This happened once when my wife pushed the #2 button...
  6. D

Traffic Report via Sirius

I find Sirius traffic to be pretty poor. I use Waze for traffic and re-routing. It and google seem pretty accurate. I still have sirius traffic after 8 months. My regular sirius is gone.
  7. D

Phone won't ring for texts while I'm in the car

I have a 2017 Limited and an iPhone. I have the phone set to make a horn sound when I receive a text. Of coarse, I have it blue-toothed to the car for receiving hands free phone calls, but I don't connect it to the car by wire. Now for the anomaly. When I am driving in the car and receive...
  8. D

Windshield Washer Aims too low

Thanks, I'll have the dealer look at it.
  9. D

Windshield Washer Aims too low

On my 2017 Limited, it seems that my windshield washer does not shoot high enough on the window. When I use it while driving, very little fluid gets up to the middle of the windshield. Has anyone else noticed this?
  10. D

Uncomfortable front seats

In my 2 week old 2017 limited. I can't get the lowest lumbar support to retract enough. It feels like it is poking me in the back all of the time. My 2011 was not like this. I have tried several different seat positions of the bottom and back, but not having much luck. I am trying to ignore...
  11. D

2017 Taking Bumps Hard

Thanks for the input. I think I am getting used to it.
  12. D

2017 Taking Bumps Hard

I took delivery of my 2017 Limited FWD a week ago. It replaced my 2011 Limited AWD. There was a 5 week span between selling the 2011 and getting the 2017, but it seems to me that the 2017 takes bumps harder than the old one and I can feel the road more. Has anyone else noticed this or know a...
  13. D

Steering column squeak

My power steering just failed. I had the recall done two years ago. They replaced the steering module per the recall this time. After the replacement, the firewall boot on the steering column has started squeaking when I turn the steering wheel. They tried lubricating the boot, but I still...
  14. D

OK, So What Do You LIKE About The 5th Gen?

One thing that struck me today that I like is the speedometer. The fact that 60 mph is on the left rather that at the top. The top of the steering wheel blocks the top of the speedometer when it is in the most comfortable position. The EX design avoids a lot of neck twisting.
  15. D

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

I have a 2011 V6. I'm mostly on the interstate at 75 mph. I get 20.5 mpg consistently in the summer and 19.5 in the winter. I guess I'm doing pretty well.
  16. D

Explorer Dead Pedal / Left foot rest.

The available relative positions of the steering wheel, seat, pedals, and dead pedal was one of the main reasons I bought my EX. I sat in several competitors of mid size SUVs and none were as good as the EX. I had been driving a full size Toyota Tundra, so I was used to space. My wife’s Lexus...
  17. D

U-Haul rents again

Thanks for posting this info. I just checked the site and sure enough it accepts my 2011 EX. I may never use it, but it is nice to know I can.
  18. D

Send mapquest to sync, etc...

I am only successful with mapquest download about half of the time. Back when it was Google, it worked great.
  19. D

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

I just performed the upgrade. I couldn't get it to download with Google chrome, but thanks to this forum, I used IE and it worked fine. Thanks
  20. D

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Hey Peter, I have a 2011 (March delivery) and just yesterday (August 23) received the letter telling me about the upgrade. I checked the web site and it is there also. I have not yet executed the upgrade.
  21. D

GPS Connection Delays

Thanks for the feedback. I notice that both of you have 2013s. I wander if Ford has made some improvements over the 2011 models.
  22. D

GPS Connection Delays

Hey Tucker_bmd, Thanks for the feedback. Until my 20 minute episode, I was beginning to think the there is a software boot-up each morning that takes a few minutes. I would like to know if there are people who actually get almost instant connections first thing of a morning. I'm assuming...
  23. D

GPS Connection Delays

On July 9, TSB 12-11-2 was performed on my 2011 EX. I have recorded the GPS connection time each morning since. This consisted of 12 days of data taken at 8:45 a.m. For 11 of the days, the connection time took from 1.75 to 6.5 minutes, with an average of 4.6 minutes. Seven of the eleven...
Back