Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Rearend and tranny 97' Explorer 5.0 2WD Help

I drove this to flordia like this (I livee in TN) and its getting worst. I'm also talking about were the tire bolts on that hole thing moves in and out.
  2. E

When I take off my wheels in the back the whole rear end moves in and out. Is that what your talking about the ring gear?
  3. E

I will be driving down the road and when I let go of the gas a roaring noise comes from my rear end. Im not sure if its the rear end or tranny cause the tranny grinds when going into OD. Would that be a tourqe converter? -- Dylan Thanks
  4. E

Weird whistle coming from subwoffer

Buy this it will cancel it. The noise is coming from engine. Spark plugs can do it. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1C1SKPL_enUS438US438&q=rca+noise+filter&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5653023278969991702&sa=X&ei=lAMQTv3-DdKSgQfw4Z3TDQ&ved=0CEUQ8gIwAg
  5. E

Rearend, Tranny HELP!!

I bought a 97 Ford Explorer XLT 2WD 5.0L and we drove it with no rear end grease and know when ever i let go of the gas it roars what could be causing this? Also Tranny is a 4 speed auto w/OD and it grinds when it goes into OD why? Thanks!
  6. E

Comment by 'ExplorerMan5.0' in media 'MY 2001 X'

ow much was the tatol cost? and how did you set the three amps up?
  7. E

Comment by 'ExplorerMan5.0' in media 'Sub box'

How much did this cost?
  8. E

97 Explorer 5.0 Tranny Help!!

Thats what I thought a torque converter. Thanks
  9. E

97 Explorer 5.0 Tranny Help!!

I have a 97 5.0L RWD Explorer and it has a 4speed O/D tranny and I have been noticing that when it goes into O/D it grinds. Like Vibarates.. Also I waswondering were to find some good but cheap parts for the motor to raise the horsepower. It already has Dual Flowmasters on it Thanks :exp:
Back