Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

just installed the latest on mine - I guess 3.6? could never get it to be available on Syncmyride.com - so Ford sent me the USB. Install went off without a hitch - but now on Syncmyride.com, it won't let be record the successful install - just says that my EXP is already "up to date" - and...
  2. S

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

just called and requested the USB stick. seems easy enough :-)
  3. S

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

3.6 update No, you're not the only one - I'm on 3.2.2 and it tells me that is the current version....I'm going to call the number you mentioned in a prev thread.
  4. S

Adding Homelink Garage Door Opener

just revisited this thread - great to hear it's working out for everyone. My next plan is to get the body-colored front grill - our EXP is red - really like the way that looks on the LTD...
  5. S

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

installed it yesterday - upgraded from 2.4. Thought I had read that it will remember now, which screen you left it on before turning off key - for example, on the Sirius Hits 1 screen - which is not the case. I'm positive my install was successful, but I really don't see any difference - do I...
  6. S

Are Maintenance Plans Worth It?

Oil Changes We have about 20K miles on our Explorer - first oil change was at 12K miles when the sensor went off. I researched high and low, spoke to some engineers at Ford, and am convinced that the days of 3K oil changes are gone forever.
  7. S

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

ercole - thanks, now I don't feel so bad - I got no deal at all - they didn't seem to care whether I let it expire or not...ended up renewing since my wife and daughter aren't terribly computer-savvy, I use Pandora and Spotify in my other car.
  8. S

thanks Holligl - I will use your number and start the negotiations there! My fallback position is to let it expire and use Pandora via the iPhone.
  9. S

yes, I've haggled with them before on a previous car - I was hoping their business model had changed - guess not :)
  10. S

we are up for renewal on our Sirius subscription at the end of the month- what kind of deals are you all getting on renewal? Best I've seen so far is $12.95 per month.
  11. S

Really Enjoying My 2011 Explorer

we've had ours since the end of January - around 14K miles - no huge issues at all. No MFT issues, no overheating - so far we are very pleased.
  12. S

iPad/iPhone explorer App

hi, yes, it would be cool to have the owner's manual in the app, or direct connections to SyncMyRide, coupons from dealers, scheduling for maintenance, the ability to run the vehicle health report or to view it....we don't need marketing stuff - we already bought the vehicle! Thanks. :)
  13. S

Oil Change interval

just replaced our oil - the sensor went off - at 13,000 miles - took it to the dealer and it was FREE! great deal - great car.
  14. S

Does your front lower valance have rivets or not?

don't have the rivets, but ours has popped off at least 5 times - doesn't take much at all to knock it off - even touching one of those bumper curbs in the mall parking lot will do it - terrible design - would rather just take the whole thing off.
  15. S

Adding Homelink Garage Door Opener

glad this is working out for people - we've had no issues at all with ours!
  16. S

iPad/iPhone explorer App

I downloaded it - would have been great to have the owner's manual in it, or MFT info, but it's fairly lame - not worth the effort.
  17. S

Is the limited painted grille an option?

you could probably take it to a body shop and get it done a whole lot cheaper than trying to convince your Ford dealer to do it.
  18. S

Trust in the Intelligent Oil Life Monitor (IOLM)?

I was going to change ours at 5K - then talked to my friend, an engineer at Ford - no reason not to trust the vehicle's indicator. It has almost 8K on it now and counting.
  19. S

FYI - Sync site is down until Sunday..

mine is the same..."download is available" on version 2.4, but nothing happens when I click.
  20. S

How may Miles on you 2011

7800 miles, 23.5mpg - had it for just over 2 months. The MFT has had two visible reboots. We have streaks on our windows, and the front spoiler comes unclipped every couple of weeks- I guess from hitting some too-high parking curbs? We love the vehicle, but the MFT really takes some patience.
  21. S

Navigation Blues

Thanks, but that wasn't it - one of the first things I checked - that was exactly what I thought too.
  22. S

Navigation Blues

Curious if this has happened to anyone else....we are about to go back home to Atlanta from DC tomorrow - about a 12 hour trip. On the way up, the navigation system had us taking about every side road, 2 lane country road, etc, imagineable. We had it set for fastest route, not shortest, but...
  23. S

Has MFT gone crazy on you?

Quack -that's great! I installed Parallels on my Mac - which is software that lets you run Windows in a "window" on your Mac - when I did this, one of my Mac friends said "Uh oh, now you've invited a hooker to the party" :-)
  24. S

3rd FMT dealer visit since 2/25 purchase

ours did that one time - while on the road - pulled into the Ford dealership - couldn't get anyone to help us, started the car back up, and it said "downloading updates" and poof - it worked. We said a prayer and went on our way :-)
  25. S

Has MFT gone crazy on you?

Jack, I'm an IT guy too - work with Windows all day and have a Mac at home. I have plenty of problems with my Mac - main reason the perception is out there that Macs are problem free is because they are, by far, in fewer hands than Windows boxes. Same thing with viruses - the reason Macs don't...
Back