Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Where are you from?

Ever been up to Clear Creek Hot Springs? Up past Harrison. Al
  2. H

MountaineerGreen's Sliders

The sliders look great! I wanted to ask you how they work as a step? Is it wide enough that my girlfriend's 81 year old mother would feel confident climbing in?
  3. H

Best place to hide an amp?

Thank you. It comes in handy sometimes to have power when you aren't near an outlet... Like when camping so you can run the blender and make margaritas!
  4. H

Best place to hide an amp?

How about mounting your amp something like this... This is how I mounted an inverter under the rear passenger side of the seat using 1" flat bar as stringers between the front and rear parts of the seat. You have to leave some slack in your cables so that the seat can still fold down...
  5. H

having fun in the snow with the explorer pics

Mahdey, when do you get to drive the Mounty again?
  6. H

Sure, rub it in! We've been having record rainfall here, but as 4.0powered mentioned, the ski hills are getting some good snow.
  7. H

Hey 4.0powered, where were you? On Seymour? Al
  8. H

Onboard Air Electric

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is an "e.d.c." ? Thanks, Al
  9. H

Onboard Air Electric

My oba install Here is a pic of part of my install: I bought a Viair compressor (I think the model is 325C) and a small air tank. The compressor is bolted to the frame and the tank is attached above the right rear shock. You can see the spare tire winch cable on the left to help you...
  10. H

Blend Door Actuator isn't :(

the engine is the 4.0L SOHC
  11. H

Blend Door Actuator isn't :(

Help please! There is lots of heat - even when it tries to run the AC. Found that the blend door wasn't being moved. I have the EATC and all the controls appear to function normal - the air flow can be sent out the defrost, vents or floor, but I can't control the temperature. I...
  12. H

Blower wont work....i NEED MY A/C!

The transistor is a MJ11028 which is described as: MJ11028: Power 50A 60V Darlington NPN This web page lists its specs: http://www.onsemi.com/PowerSolutions/product.do?id=MJ11028 Al
  13. H

What is the average age of people on the forum????

I'm 41. You can see when I became elite over there on the left!
  14. H

"clunking" sound from suspension

I had a clunking sound and it turned out to be the shock bushings. You could tell by grabbing hold of the lower part of the shock and twisting or push and pull on it and it would move around a fair bit. On all four shocks, the lower bushing in my 16 month old Explorer Pro Comp shocks had...
  15. H

OverHeadConsole Addition....

Thanks briwayjones!
  16. H

OverHeadConsole Addition....

Something I have always been curious about... where is the temperature sensor located? Thanks, Al
  17. H

Auto Lamp Malfunction

My headlights also like to come on in the sunshine. If it is mid day but overcast, they might not come on but they always come on at night. Some months ago I noticed that my daytime running lights were flashing intermittently and then a week or so later I no longer had daytime running lights...
  18. H

Jakee's 4.0 SOHC Build up discussion and motivation thread

Jakee, the intake looks cool! Very shiney! What is the blue hose/wire that goes above the heater blower and across the firewall? Al
  19. H

98EBauer, your trouble sounds like a blend door problem. There are many posts on it if you do a search, but look at this link first as someone else has weeded through a bunch of posts about it: Blend Door Links Here's a good one: http://www.blenddoorfix.netfirms.com/ What I...
  20. H

Ashley, I have no idea if replacing the EATC module will fix your problem. My sympton wasn't the fan stopping when I was accelerating. What happened with mine was that the fan wouldn't turn unless I set it on high. I guess that is some kind of fail safe because when the fan is set on high, a...
  21. H

My EATC only worked on high speed summer before last. It failed the day before I went on vacation so I had to buy a new EATC speed control module from the dealer for something close to CAN$150. After vacation I was able to troubleshoot and found that the power transistor had failed. Bought a...
  22. H

Fun in Mission, BC..and some carnage

Chris, PM Me when you have some room for more PMs and I will give you my cell number. Al
  23. H

What? Coming back without a truck? What's up? In the middle of mods? I'm sure you can ride with me sometime.
  24. H

Kawana - Yes, were were kind of near Stave Lake. Mud is fun, but man, what a pain to clean things up afterwards, and as you can see above, things can break! No matter how careful you are. If you are looking for a fun way to try out your 4x4 (a stock 4x4 is fine, just watch your lines)...
Back