Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Explorer brake controller?

I know this is an old thread and post, but thanks! I didn't take my cable off my 2016 when I traded it, and was looking for the cable I needed.
  2. D

Left front turn signal and running light not working

I fixed it. Fixed it good. I traded the 16 on a 20. Got a good deal on a year end model and my dealer/friend had almost the exact same vehicle on the lot. In less time than it would have taken to trace down what was diagnosed (by a different dealership) as being a likely wiring harness...
  3. D

So I pulled the codes using Forscan. I have both B132B and B132C, which are right and left stop and turn signal malfunctions in the Body Control Module. I reset the BCM using Forscan and no improvement in the situation. I searched to see if anyone had input on changing BCMs. I can't find...
  4. D

Yeah, running lamp, parking lamp, just depends on your era. The DRL are the LEDs around the headlamps. And I found the parking lamp on the passenger side is not working either. The left front turn signal does not flash with the 4 way flashers and the parking lamps don't flash when using the...
  5. D

I read a couple other threads from other years, but nothing answered my question. As the title says, I have a 2016 XLT and just the left front turn signal is not working. The left mirror and left rear turn signals work, as do the right side signals. I checked the bulb and it works on both...
  6. D

OEM Remote Start Quit working

Yes, I do have the factory shock sensor. It is a pain in the butt. It triggers an alarm in thunderstorms and when big trucks roll by. I have seen where people have been able to disable them with CANBUS changes.
  7. D

Well, that worked. Thanks for the suggestion. After living through all the Sync/MFT issues with my 2011, I've had few issues with the 2016, and never anything like this. No idea why and honestly, I'll just be thankful that's all it was.
  8. D

Thx. Wouldn't hurt to try again. I thought about it, but I don't have a 10mm where I am presently. I will look to see if there is an adjustable wrench around.
  9. D

No, nothing plugged into any power points.
  10. D

And yes, just for kicks, I did replace the batteries in the key fob. No change in behaviors.
  11. D

I've searched a lot of thread titles and threads, and didn't see this particular topic, but if it's out there, please post a link. I have a 2016 Explorer XLT with the factory key fob activated remote start. A few days ago, I went to start the Explorer and went through the usual sequence - hit...
  12. D

MFT to Sync 3 upgrade success... but some remaining issues

Old post, I know - but is Fordpimods still active? I get one of those generic screens that occur when a URL has been purchased.
  13. D

Mouse entry point into passenger compartment?

Thanks. And yes, I do make sure they are well "fed". I was just surprised as I switch back and forth between vehicles and they have never gotten into the Explorer before. Love that mouse trap - except I'd have to add a heater as the water would freeze in my barn.
  14. D

Mouse entry point into passenger compartment?

Yes, I read the other thread talking about finding and killing mice. Entertaining. Once they enter my garage or barn, I fall into the "only good mouse is a dead mouse" camp. :hammer: In early December, I got the Explorer out of the barn. I hadn't driven the Explorer for about a month and...
  15. D

Ford remote access iPhone app - lock / unlock stopped working.

Has there been ANY communication out of Ford regarding the remote start interface? I couldn't find any.
  16. D

Front bumper snap on tow cap replacement

So I call the local dealership. They say $19. Well, that's a great deal...... And of course it's an unpainted part, so I have to find a way to paint it to match. Wonder if Ford has aerosol cans of body paint. A paint tube really is not the way to go with something that big.
  17. D

Power Steering Assist Failure

How many miles? How many months old? What components do they say need replaced? My 2011 exhibited all the signs of a failing power rack. After a TSB reprogram, it locked up again, then drove fine. IT was well out of warranty. They refused to do anything more - said there were no codes...
  18. D

Front bumper snap on tow cap replacement

Did a search but just came up with threads for the cover for the tow hitch. So, one day a few weeks ago, I see the little round cover over the front tow eye socket is missing. I didn't hit anything. It was there at lunch, and not there later in the day. So I go looking on the parts fiche...
  19. D

Bad Customer Service Experience

Sorry. Haven't been on here in a while. Here is the thread I started on replacing the switch in an '11. http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/replacing-the-windshield-wiper-switch.402116/
  20. D

Bad Customer Service Experience

Did they put all this BS in writing? I changed my own wiper switch. I think it took 15 minutes, tops. I'd get it in writing and send it to the Ford Regional folks. If no action, I'd go to your State's consumer protection folks.
  21. D

FRONT Struts Replaced

Where are you driving it?
  22. D

2017 Ford Platinum Front Seat Smaller

So how much more narrow is it?
  23. D

2016 Ford Cellular Remote Start - app is clunky - but it works

Yeah, I know the Ford provided (third party) app is clunky and very limited - BUT - I'm happy to say that I used the remote start for the first time since it was cold enough to try it out the other night and it worked well and even turned on the heated seats and heated steering wheel! My 2011...
  24. D

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

My 2011 was locking up intermittently upon startup with no messages, then would free up within seconds after the car was put in motion. I received the recall and had the software update done. A couple months later, it locked up on startup with a yellow failure message. it would not unlock...
  25. D

Where is the brake controller cable / plug?

I have an existing Tekonsha controller. I used it in my last Explorer as well. I don't remember the model number. They have a few with different features. The one I have is fully electronic. I mount it with velcro on the lower left of the dash when I need to use it. If I used it more...
Back