Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Brand NEW MFT craziness and right before vacation

So, I have had lots of problems with H.A.L. (oops, I mean MyFord Touch), but I have been able to live with most of them. However, the most recent one has me scratching my head. I am 1 day away from leaving on a 3,000 mile+ trip for 3 weeks. All of a sudden the MFT system has decided to...
  2. D

A/V Input Question

I put an aftermarket DVD headrest player in my 2011 XLT. It has a few audio options, like internal speaker, headphone jack, wireless headphones and fm output. The FM output is a little hit and miss as we travel as you always need to find a clear station to use. What I would love to do is use...
  3. D

Towing Wiring Harness

I purchased my Explorer XLT with the towing package. I understand that the X is supposed to have all the materials for towing, including the wiring harness. Where would it be located? I cannot seem to find it at all. Dismania
  4. D

Hood Deflector

PM sent about the deflectors! Dismania
  5. D

Still Waiting....Not Anymore!

I was able to use the $1500 returning RCL lease money, as well as the $750 private cash offer from the brochure. I could not use the $1000 rebate or $500 rebate currently offered as they do not combine with the lease rates. Dismania
  6. D

Still Waiting....Not Anymore!

Well, the day finally arrived. I got the call yesterday that my Explorer had finally made its way down from the greater Chicago area and was at my dealer. He told me since it came in so late (it was a little after 3 pm), he did not think they could get ti ready for pickup yesterday, but they...
  7. D

Headrest DVD wiring

I bought some after market headrest DVD players as well. I would love to know the answer to this myself. I am sure hoping the power is in the seat somewhere. It would make life easier. Dismania
  8. D

Still Waiting

I JUST got a call from my dealer. He was told that all vehicles are back on hold. My vehicle is on the hauler ready to go and was told not to ship it. He was told that the new ETA is unknown. He did offer to help me with my lease extension. So, if I extend my lease and the vehicle comes in...
  9. D

Still Waiting

I never did get a reply to this. I still have absolutely no idea where my vehicle is. You did reply to some other concerns and I appreciate that. However, my requests for updated vehicle information has gone on deaf ear. I understand that there are lots of people asking the same questions...
  10. D

Still Waiting

Well my build date for my Ex was o 3/10. On Monday I was able to register and see that the Sync system was installed. So far, I have not gotten ANY updates at all as to the status of my vehicle. My dealer (who has been wonderful during the process) is unable to get an y updates at all either...
  11. D

Dealership is charging me $180 bucks to install optional Equipment on my new Ex!!!

I purchased an aftermarket DVD headrest just because the "installation" price was as much as buying a new system. Is it really that simple to install the power? If there is 12V inside the seats already, can I just tap into this with my DVD player power? Has anyone taken the seat backs off...
  12. D

Incentives & Rebates

I think you guys have hit on a great idea. I will indeed put it in writing and send it to them. Anyone have any information as to what address to send it to? -Dismania
  13. D

Incentives & Rebates

It was not the delaer who did anything, it was the representative of Ford. I have never been so talked down to and treated like an idiot in my life. Blatantly telling me things that I know are not true as well. For instance, I was told that it is completely at the dealer's discretion to...
  14. D

No more holds on newly built explorers

If you are in Cincinnati, there is only one dealership to go to. Beechmont Ford. I have bought my last 5 cars from them. They even discounted off of X-plan for me this time. They have great allotment and will treat you right. Go there and ask for David David (that is really his name)...
  15. D

Incentives & Rebates

I took this advice and called the number you suggested. Without a doubt it was the WORST customer service experience I have EVER been provided with. In fact it was so bad I am tempted to tell my dealer to keep my vehicle that I have special ordered and have been looking forward to for the past...
  16. D

Incentives & Rebates

How did you get the $1,000 private cash incentive? I have never had a time in my driving career when I did not own a Ford vehicle. That has been 23 years now. I think I am on my 8th or 9th Ford and did not receive such an offer. Dismania
  17. D

For those with 3/14 roll-off dates

I had gotten a "build week" of 3/7. I was checking and checking the windows stickers every day. As of Friday, it had not shown up. When I got into work on Monday, I clicked on the link I had saved and FINALLY the windows sticker had arrived. My ACTUAL build date is tomorrow. I am not sure...
  18. D

Question on X-Plan

With the X-plan, a couple of rebates (750 customer cash, 1,000 rebate and 750 RCL renewal), I am able to get a pretty loaded XLT, towing, dual moonroof. Did not get Navi, DVD or Bliss, but the Lease for 36 months, 12K a year is a little under $400/month. Only thing I have to pay up front is...
  19. D

My Ford touch + iphone (or ipod)

I have a question about this too. I noticed on the input, below the MFT interface, there is a place for a video input. What is this for? Will it display video on the MFT display? If so, has anyone tried to use the Iphone Video Out kit and display video on here? I was thinking I might be...
  20. D

The "I can't wait" thread

I am in the anxiously awaiting category as well. I have a new Explorer on order. We ordered it around the 15th of January. Apparently we have been told that our order is due to be "pulled" tomorrow. I am not sure what that means. I hope to get a build date soon. We are coming off of a...
Back