Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2013 Explorer Noises

Funny Peterk9, little snotty are we. First thing I did was do a search followed by creating this post since I didn't find my answer. I read that post and "heard a "pop" or "click" type noise when I released the wheel to return to center:" is not what I'm experiencing. Had you read my post you...
  2. M

2013 Explorer Noises

Maybe normal for how the explorer is made but not normal in any car I've ever owned. The gurgling is without AC and the whining with AC is like a compressor motor is going bad or something. It's not normal vehicle sounds. I only have 8900 highway miles on my X so the clicking I don't think it's...
  3. M

2013 Explorer Noises

Hello All, I have a few noises I am trying to figure out: When accelerating with the AC on there is a whining coming from the engine compartment. Anyone else have this? When under slight acceleration I can here this gurgling noise coming from what sounds like the engine compartment. I...
  4. M

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

what that mean I can pull full Range from the second row doors to line level converter to an amplifier?
  5. M

I counted my 2013 sony sound speakers and only count 10 (2 front tweeters, 2 front doors, 2 second row doors, 2 3rd row head tweeters, sub, center speaker)
  6. M

Amp and subwoofer install

Installing fuse at battery for sure (left out some details as I wanted to brain dump before the wife and kids came home) I did my fair share of audio installs back in the day (90's) so I know a lil. Where might one find a wiring diagram for the rear sub? Assuming 2 pair means dual voice coil...
  7. M

Amp and subwoofer install

2013 explorer limited with sony sound.Ran the power cable through the small gromet behind the glove compartment.this seem like a slightly different location than my 2011 XLTrouted power wire through the front engine stabilizer bar over to the battery.wiring remote amp wire into fuse...
  8. M

Amp and Sub installation

2013 explorer limited with sony sound. Ran the power cable through the small gromet behind the glove compartment. this seem like a slightly different location than my 2011 XLT routed power wire through the front engine stabilizer bar over to the battery. wiring remote amp wire into fuse...
  9. M

Car audio shop told me the sony must stay as there is "communication from HU to sony" hopefully not but hooefully not. Still researching as I would like to get rid of that crappy sony as well. Maybe that pos has gain controls on it?
  10. M

Yes. I was told the Sony amp is custom and speaks MFT. The signal processor must come after the sony amp and pull together a full range signal. I will be installing an amp off the factory sub line in the rear in a few weeks.
  11. M

I believe the amp must speak MF T
  12. M

2nd Row Bucket Seats with Console Issue

Dealer has agreed to pay for the rear carpet but I have to install it.
  13. M

Ugly Carpet Seam under Driver/Passenger Seats

Looks like my 2011. My 2013 has the seam overlapping the other way so u cant see it from the back .
  14. M

Injen Intake Installed

Nice! I have a 2013 Limited that needs more ummmfff
  15. M

As I understand it, the Sony amp under the center console does not distribute full range to any of the 12 speakers so I think you would need a signal processor (I think thats the term) to pull it all together after the amp then on to the speakers which at that point you would probably replace...
  16. M

Injen Intake Installed

Easy to install? notice any power gains?
  17. M

Sony Sound

Agree. It will cost 1500 + to improve it. :( and Ford probably put $5000 into making it lol
  18. M

Sony Sound

All, Over all the sony 12 speaker 390 watt sound is OK however I would like to increase the volume potential. It is my understanding that full range is not delivered to any of the 12 speakers which prevents you from installing an amplifier up range of the 12 speakers. It is also my...
  19. M

2nd Row Bucket Seats with Console Issue

I live in Pennsylvania and selling mine for 600 dollars
  20. M

I agree I do need to be less critical as it does drive me crazy as nothing is ever good enough! I digress and at this point must admit I am back in love with my 2013 from hating my 2011.
  21. M

I believe the point here is it Ford lacks specific attention to detail that foreign car manufacturers don't have a problem with also if this many people notice it ford should have taken notice as well
  22. M

2013 Explorer XLT

$47,700 msrp limited, 301a, 2nd row buckets with console, 20" polished rims dual moon roof -5,654 discount $42,047.00 sale price approx -1500 rebate -750 rebate -1780 down +700 negative on trade (trade was KBB excellent at $32,400 they gave me 34,400) On the road for $40055 including tax and...
  23. M

2013 Explorer XLT

13. A$393/mo payment would get you $28,223.00 (including your $1500 down) in vehicle price and thats at 72mo financing at 1.9% I'd sure love to know how you got your payment at $393 for a $37k price tag.
  24. M

2013 Explorer XLT

Machine432 There is no way an xlt with those options listed for $46k when the limiteds list for that.
  25. M

Tint - 15% on the Fronts 2013 Limited

Yeah I might put 20 over the others. I bet its like 5% dark?
Back