Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Pics of Sub Boxes

Built this fiberglass box for the 2 12w7. 5.7 cf after subs, port, and bracing. Tuned to 30 hz. Still awaiting leather matched to interior to wrap it andnew panels on either side
  2. J

Completely Lost

Ive checked 02 wiring, all looks good. my Ultragauge says I am getting good signal from my 02's, both bank 1 and 2 while driving. Smoke test says no leaks at manifolds, no cracks, or at least no leaking ones from best i can tell. Even replaced the PCV, might have cussed ford the entire time...
  3. J

Completely Lost

Ok guys, Ive searched and searched and coming to a dead end. My 98 5.0 is throwing codes P0171 P0174 P0420 P0430. I have done several vaccuum leak test, replaced both upper and lower intake gaskets. The truck runs smooth, no hesitation, idles smooth, crisp throttle response, and plenty of...
  4. J

power locks?

Inspected everything I could, and nothing. I fixed the mirror problem by taking the harness out of the drivers door, and replacing it with the one out of the damaged door. But still nothing as far as door locks. So can I replace the module with one out of a donor truck? Is there a fuse or...
  5. J

power locks?

it was working after the accident, just stopped after I switched out the doors. Ill have to inspect it tomorrow for broken wired, maybe something will be visible
  6. J

power locks?

So I had some moron t bone me in my 98 xlt. So after a full rear quarter panel I replaced both drivers side doors from a donor 97 xlt. While I was swtiching mirrors to my puddle / heated mirrors, I noticed the plugs arent the same in the door, and I am unable to plug in my mirror. Also, power...
  7. J

98 Ford Explorer

it comes on, on mine when the fuel is low. . . .maybe ur fuel gauge quit working?
  8. J

anyone in nc

Wilmington area here
  9. J

Will this work?

So today I was replacing the lower intake gasket on my 98 5.0 explorer. I found a crack thru my thermostat coolant passage and now it needs to be replaced. I found a complete intake on craigs list for a 95 cobra, but it has the tapped bosses for the ACT and the rear coolant passage on the rear...
  10. J

Anyone running 20x9.5 inch rims? or knowf they'll fit?

I am currently running a 20 X 9.5 with a 0 offset. 295/40/20 and there is a little rub on full lock. besides that, they ride perfectly. Mines a 98 thou.
  11. J

Best single subwoofer on the market?

I have read your replies, I have seen your post. The discusion wasnt about your sub, handing mine "its hinde quarters". But you took it there. I dont care what you believe, or think about my post. It was my post. It was about a subwoofer, and the experiences with said woofer. Was not...
  12. J

No need to pay that much, my 10W7's (2 of them) were had new for 740 on ebay, and the 12W7 for less than 500. granted I get no warranty, but I have been hammering this 12 for almost 4 years now, with no worries. As far as the video goes, believe it, dont believe it. No matter to me, was...
  13. J

the w7 just had its 10th anniversary. . . . . .
  14. J

Im currently running a 12W7 ported in my x. 2 cf, 40 inches of port, tuned to 28hz. Running it with the JL 1200HD, sounds amazing. I dont really care for the higher end of the subs (70 - 100 hz) but that might be the resonanse of the X itself. best Ive done on a termlab was 146.1, on the...
  15. J

2nd Gen spots for a ground cable?

Look for points of overlapping metal, such as joints, or folds. The thicker the metal, the better the ground. be sure to grind or file off paint or loose dirt for good contact.
  16. J

found a leak. . .

I have your typical 98 xlt 5.0 which I have been working on lately. I drained tranny today, including torque converter. Thinking my pan was leaking at the rear. When refilling, I noticed the leak was still there, seems to be puddling right behind the pan, right before the tranny mount. I...
  17. J

Mono amp, 1 - 2 ohm dvc, 2 - 4 ohm dvc sub...?

Fort Fisher, Carolina beach. . .Yeah. I actually live in between Southport and Oak Island. Great weather, but brings tourist, sigh! Lived here my entire life, dont plan on leaving either. As for the excursion, all my charts on winisd show my excursion on my 12w7 dropping severely when ported...
  18. J

2nd gen Explorer V8 headers

Id take 2 sets, cousin is looking for some as well
  19. J

Mono amp, 1 - 2 ohm dvc, 2 - 4 ohm dvc sub...?

Never run one coil of a dvc subwoofer. . . it will cause problems down the road. Other option is to port the jl 8w3, it will limit the excursion, and gain spl. Sealed boxes almost always have more excursion than a ported. Plus, the box for one ported 8, will be smaller than a box for 3 8's...
  20. J

Strange noises coming from subs (possibly a poltergeist)

well. . . if its not the line driver, and all amps have good connections, then it seems to point to your head unit.
  21. J

Ive has similar effects one time with a orion 2400d. Is the line driver matched to your amps, voltage etc etc? It is easy to burn up the preamps with over loading it due to the line driver. Does the line driver have sensitivity adjustments? if so, try cutting back the signal on both line...
  22. J

does the sound change with engine rpm, or have a rhythem, like a throbbing sound? Could be many things. . . Interferance bleed over from rca to ground, ground loop, poor ground, could have lost a low input into the amp, or could just be a pos amp. Hard to say without any more info about your...
  23. J

has anyone tried these headlights, price seems to good to be true

was wondering the same, most of the other ccfl's are closer to $300.
  24. J

Will a stock 5.0 handle a 200+hp shot of Nitrous?

sure it will handle it. . . tell us how it turns out lol
  25. J

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

They are a Limited 208 in black. I have the same ones in chrome, but mine are a 20 x 9.5 0 offset
Back