Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Lost 1st gear

hey thanks for the reply. yea my O/D light is flashing.
  2. A

Lost 1st gear

1995 Ex 4x4 Tranny was rebuilt sometime last year. Few days ago i lost 1st gear. Its not fully engaging. It will rev high and crawl but never go into first. I have to drop it down to 2 to get going. Reverse works fine. Any idea on what could cause this?
  3. A

Dual Battery

the sub is at 2ohm if im not mistaken. Running off a 2chan amp. It would dim the lights like crazy when i was @idle when it was hitting. the 4chan is 4ohm.
  4. A

Dual Battery

i ll look into the diode isolator. and yes both amps are going to be in the back. 1 1200watt the other a 300watt
  5. A

Dual Battery

just two amps highs and lows
  6. A

Dual Battery

Ok so I'm looking at hooking up my extra battery to my X. Ive done some research. and I have a few questions. 1.Would a battery solenoid be ok or is an isolator needed? 2.Can I just got for a manual switch to select batteries? All this reading is giving me information overload...
  7. A

Starter removal

So on my 95 XLT 4wd. I cant get that dang starter out. The bolts were simple but I cant figure out how to get it to drop out. Seems to get hung up on the diff housing, Any ideas how to get this thing out. Thanks.
  8. A

95 XLT running rough

oddly enough ran fan leaving working and this morning.. feel dead twice tis morning however.
  9. A

glue that will work on dash panel ??

+1 for JB weld
  10. A

95 XLT running rough

honestly cant remeber what plugs I used Id have to pull one to look. Prob the lowest recommend kind. But deff something to look into cuz my millage is crappier than usual.
  11. A

95 XLT running rough

So I noticed on my way to work today the Explorer was running real rough. At idle RPMs were dropping to almost 500. Also seem to be loping and hestating any where below 2000rpms. The plugs and wires have about 30k on them. Fuel pump and filter are new. Once I get home I can clean the...
  12. A

low idle hard starts and other stuff

thanks ill check that out
  13. A

low idle hard starts and other stuff

So at somepoint last week my 95 became hard to start. Would run for a sec or two but the RPMs were about 500. After a few cranks it will start and run but i have to rev it for a few to get to run smooth. Same applies when I''m at idle at a light. Have to keep my foot on the gas to keep it...
  14. A

line from HCU to rear

Quick question. Im changing out the rear brake line but I can figure out which line runs from the hcu back. Can any one help me out? Thanks,
  15. A

leaking rear brake line

thanks... i had replaced the one over the diff a few months ago looks like ill replace the whole thing looks pretty straight foward
  16. A

leaking rear brake line

1995 xlt 4x4 I have a leaking rear brake line, its the line that runs from front to rear. Ive done some reading and from what I understand the best thing to do is buy a new replacement line, cut the old line at some place. Then add a screw flare it and join the two line. I have a few...
  17. A

Rear brake line leaking

19956 xlt 4x4 I have a leaking rear brake line, its the line that runs from front to rear. Ive done some reading and from what I understand the best thing to do is buy a new replacement line, cut the old line at some place. Then add a screw flare it and join the two line. I have a few...
  18. A

What is your favorite RWD Explorer replacement?

I forgot all about the Excursion.
  19. A

although Id add wrangler unlimted to your list.
  20. A

Grand Cherokee. why because its a jeep.
  21. A

no 4wd

1995 explorer I noticed today I have no 4wd. Neither in 4wd auto or 4wdlow. Was working on something else and I had the truck jacked up with all four tires in the air. When I put it in 4wd low I can hear the T-case clunk and the front drive shaft spins but the front tires dont move...
  22. A

Explorer will not start, only get a clicking sound.

I had the same problem. Issue was battery cable. Changed the NEG. terminal problem solved.
  23. A

Sipping more gas than normal.

Normally I wouldn't spot it. But thanks to this APP on my phone I keep track of all my gas purchases. And I also noticed im getting less miles out of the tank. Vac leaks I think I might have. There was this thing that was loose near then front driver side wheel. All I know is its part of the...
  24. A

Sipping more gas than normal.

air filer/tire pressure is good. No fancy air filter yet. How ever i never thought about the O2 sensor.
  25. A

searching for shorts.

A while ago I had a JVC headunit that kept blowing its fuse. Sent it in and got it repaired no problem. They said that I also check all my cables and wires for shorts. The speakers I can do with no problem but the in dash wires I have no idea how to check them. I was thinking of running a...
Back