Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Idles up and down

Check the idle air control motor, and intake hose for leaks, perhaps even the pcv valve, I guess that's the easiest thing to check. Or if you have a MIL on run a code scanner and that should get you started.
  2. R

Engine vibration

I would check the pcv valve, if not the idle air control valve, or perhaps even a fuel filter. The pcv valve and fuel filter you could change, cheap parts, but the IAC valve you could try cleaning first, and if the problem gets better with that, then swap the IAC. There are threads on here on...
  3. R

Worried about tranny.... Please help.

The story with my mechanic is a long one, but basically he used to do all the work to my truck, and one day I needed some work doneon alift and had.it done somewhere else, well.lets.just say.he.didnt.take it so well, he barely charged me anything so now.he.disowned me and.he isnt taking my calls.
  4. R

I'm at my wit's end with this AC!!

Ok I recently had this.same problem, my.ac would.only.blow cold a night when the outside temp warm without.direct sunlight. And first.thing I.did.was.ask.the.ac tech to change the orifice tube.and vCuum out the.system and.recharge the system. Problem solved and ac is.super cold with 95 degree...
  5. R

Worried about tranny.... Please help.

Ok first off, thanks in advance for your help. Here's my story, back in january in an attempt tio show off, I drove over a pile of snow, and broke one of my tranny lines, and my mechanic just cut out the broken piece and put in a hose, well I wasn't there and now im concerned with.what type...
  6. R

98 exp. 4.0 4wd trans questions

I think I have the same problem, when I select.4x4 mode it accelarates.fine but when I start to brake I hear a winding noise sometimes a clunk, and also if I turn the steering wheel all the way it tries to move but. It.feels like just the rear wheels are moving in other words like front locks...
  7. R

98 exp. 4.0 4wd trans questions

Did you resolve the clunking noise with the 4wd?
Back