Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Cigarette Lighter Info

Greetings, I'm considering gutting the cig lighter so I can install a subwoofer level adjust in the spot. I'd like to retain the outer metal sleeve to use as a mounting point, and I'm just wondering how one would go about removing the other (unneeded) parts of the mechanism. Does the...
  2. R

Re-attaching Vinyl on Inner Door Skin

Went with some 3M Auto tape: http://www.amazon.com/3M-03614-Scotch-Mount-Molding/dp/B002JOVUO0/ref=pd_sim_auto_1
  3. R

Re-attaching Vinyl on Inner Door Skin

Talking about the flimsy vinyl that (I believe) is a weather barrier - the piece one sees on the door after removing the door panel. What type of adhesive should I use to re-attach these to the door? I'd like to use the least toxic thing possible, preferably something that's not going to...
  4. R

Which Dash Kit for a Pocket On Top? (new radio)

Thanks. I just didn't want to make more work for myself. I called Scosche today and they confirmed that their kit also works well either way.
  5. R

Which Dash Kit for a Pocket On Top? (new radio)

Just got a new single din radio and I'm wondering which kit can be installed like this without any extra mods. Thanks
  6. R

Quick Q Re: Door Mirrors

I've got two mirrors: One with a good motor mechanism and a cracked mounting plate (where the three mounting bolts are located); another with a broken motor and a good mounting plate. Can these be mixed and matched? THanks in advance
  7. R

410Fortune - 96 5.0L XLT refurbish (making 1 great Ex from 2)

Any pics of her finally painted?
  8. R

Backup Lights Not Working

So I guess put it in reverse and engage the parking brake, then check. Off to find a test bulb.
  9. R

Does the car have to be in reverse to check?
  10. R

Premium Factory Amp Removal

What should I do with the live power wire after the amp is removed? I know I could just insulate the end of it, but I'd just prefer to snip it at the source if possible. Is this possible? Does anyone know where this wire originates? Thanks
  11. R

I've checked the fuse (appears intact) and replaced the bulbs, but still no dice. The vehicle is bone stock, so nothing I've done could have caused this to happen. Any thoughts as to how I should approach this issue are much appreciated.
  12. R

Quick Question

Thank you
  13. R

Quick Question

Is the rear defroster button supposed to stay pushed in when it's pressed (like the fog light button does)? Thanks
  14. R

Driver Side Mirror Broken?

No dice, however, rotating max in with the control and then manually pushing out does seem to make the mirror stay put (as opposed to what I was doing before). I guess the mech is just busted. Thanks very much for your help, at least my mirror will stay put until I get a replacement.
  15. R

Thanks for the reply. What concerns me is the fact that the mirror won't pivot outward as much as it should. The motor mech still works fine, but it seems to be tweaked so that the normal range of adjustment is off. Does this make sense?
  16. R

Rear Defroster Button Won't Engage

97 xlt here, I can't get this button to click and stay in. Is there a potential fix here or should I start looking for a replacement? Thanks
  17. R

Greetings, The mirror's power mechanism is still working, however, the mirror will not rotate outward (horizontally) nearly enough. I've resorted to moving the mirror with my hand, but the adjustment never seems to stick and the mirror always winds up moving back to the right so I end up with...
Back