Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Just got back from Oil Change and found oil on floor

I jacked up the EX and fixed it myself. The Oil drain plug was only hand-tightened, and that is where majority of oil came out. Torque it myself to 25lbs and doesn't leak anymore. As far as the oil filter, I think the tech just didn't wipe it down, it is pretty tight and I don't see any more...
  2. G

yea I did all that myself. I just bought those at Home Depot and painted them myself before I move in the house. Normally I change oil myself, but since I need to have other stuff done on the car, I just let them try it, Big mistakes... It is the same service appointment, which was Friday...
  3. G

Drove the car back from the first oil change yesterday and just saw this at my garage floor can any Ford service reps offer any assistance? Dealer Bankston Ford of Frisco Texas located the source of oil dripping at BOTH drain plug and oil filter drain plug oil filter
  4. G

Service Advisor thinks I am an idiot

went to pick up the EX and talked to a different advisor, totally different experience. Jeff told me they can't reproduce the Rain Noise problem since it is not raining and I told him about the TSB. I had the printout with me so I showed him. He was very nice and told me he understand what...
  5. G

Don't want to post their name yet, but the one in Frisco
  6. G

Dropped my 2011 EX limited off to get first oil change, the A-pillar fix, and the Rain noise fix. First, I made an appointment tuesday to drop the car off today, so that they can reserve enough time for me to get my car back today. Showed up today, sorry you don't have any appointments...
  7. G

Clear bra protection - Who has done it?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311166
  8. G

Daylight savings and GPS sync

totally agree. Or at least all my electronics with this feature would automatically adjust my time. I guess Sync is so special that we have to manually do this. :rolleyes:
  9. G

powder coating

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327150
  10. G

Jack points

When I rotate my tire I have to do the same, I don't know if I am right, but I used the body mount bolt at all 4 corner.
  11. G

TPMS and removing and remounting tires

nothing to worry here. Just unmount your tires, remove the tpms, do the powdercoating then reinstall everything.. just think of the tpms like valve stem.. Discounttires always want to replace them because that is added revenues. You might need to "service" the tpms after a 4-5 years, not when...
  12. G

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

great job.. I was the one who is looking for info. however since I don't have moonroof, my second row light looks different, pretty much identical to your 3rd row. do you by any chances know how to pop the 3rd row light open?
  13. G

Antenna alternatives

got mine and installed, just like Mike stated, less than 10 minutes.
  14. G

Antenna alternatives

I got the same email today. I ordered a day after you did on the 5th, and now I have a tracking number. I "guess" both of ours were messed up in the paint shop therefore causing the delays. I will post some pics after I installed mine.
  15. G

Who believes this?

I would trust something like this more http://www.superchips.com/, but they don't have anything for 2011 EX yet
  16. G

Backup Bulb

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2704064&postcount=12 9009 / H16 is correct but the kit i bought from vled doesn't fit perfectly
  17. G

3m Rear Bumper Protection Film

cool, you can't see the install but I will snap some pics for you as it is "clear" and my EX is white. It is pretty much like the clear bra in the front. It is very easy to install, probably 10 minutes for me to do it. But I have done a lot of protection firm install so if it is your first...
  18. G

3m Rear Bumper Protection Film

I bought mine from xpel and they sent me a set of 3. I installed 1 and still have 2 left. If you want 1 piece I can sell you one at cost + shipping.
  19. G

Go Thru Car Wash or Wash by Hand?

absolutely not related. Tri-coat is the base color, most common scratches are on your clear coat. Unless your clear coat is gone, you can't physically scratch the base color.
  20. G

Go Thru Car Wash or Wash by Hand?

if you want swirl marks then car wash machine, if you don't want swirl marks or scratches then wash it by hand. brushless car wash is not that much better. It doesn't clean well, and it uses chemical that are too strong which would strip all wax/protection more details here...
  21. G

Side-by-side carseats, fold down 2nd row

I thought I saw 2 there before? I will go double check tonight. I had setup a car seat back there @3rd row passenger side couple weeks ago. if nothing else, use the old faction seatbelt lock When I had 1 car seat there, there is enough room to add another. I have one of those fat car seat...
  22. G

Side-by-side carseats, fold down 2nd row

or probably twin in the 3rd row, and the 4yr old in 2nd row 40%. you fold the 60% to get in and out for the twin in the 3rd row... I will be in a situation similar to you and have already thought about this. I even ask my dealer if they could change my bench 2nd row to captain seats but they...
  23. G

Splash guards and rear bumper protector

I actually installed the clear bra type rear protector.
  24. G

My Explorer Overheated

It is extremely funny that all these people don't have an overheated 2011 Explorer comes here and tell us what to do, and it is our fault that we bought the explorer.
  25. G

What have you added to your 2011 Ford Explorer since you picked it up?

Don't worry about it, just get the max your state would allow. (remember your stock window has some base "Tint" in, so if you state allow 25% don't just go get 25% because you will be below the state limit. If the day time you won't miss anything, at night anything within your state limit...
Back