Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

? Re: IPhone, Ford Ex, & Hotspots

This may be a very ignorant question, but you all are always so helpful that I knew I could count on you. I am looking at an iPhone. I understand to make an iPhone a hot spot, I need to pay extra (on top of the minutes and data plan). BUT...if I want to use the internet on my laptop in the...
  2. K

Rearview Camera Problems

Just an update. I requested that my service person look into the problem instead of returning the car (I wasn't going to accept that a satellite radio program change caused my backup camera to stop working). He fixed the problem, but this was the explaination: "It had something to do with...
  3. K

Rearview Camera Problems

Was running errands, and everything was fine. Except at one point, my backup camera stopped coming on. The sensors still beep, but instead of the camera shot, I get my home screen. And, the Ford logo that normally appears when I start the car, is gone. Anyone else run into this problem...
  4. K

New Sirius channel lineup effective May 4th.

Does this mean everyone can get the update through their dealer now? I actually was using the voice commands for radio frequently, so the inability to do it really bothers me. It would have been nice for Ford to communicate this with its owners....escpecially since it markets the voice command...
  5. K

New Sirius channel lineup effective May 4th.

Thanks for all the info. It's driving me crazy not being able to use the voice command. I hope it gets straightened out very soon. As far as subscription rates - I do not know. But if it is like the XM radio I had in my previous car, you are better off letting it run out. Within a couple of...
  6. K

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Just got my Ex -- on a rainy day (and it's been raining ever since). My husband and I were driving it, and both looked at each other and said, "What is that noise?" It was the rain noise, sure enough. And I wouldn't have believed how annoying it was until I actually experienced it. I have a...
  7. K

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

I was wondering if you got the running boards on. I am looking at the same ones, but would be curious to know what you think of them after installation.
  8. K

Trade-in Value

I received a quote, and put more than 1,000 miles on on my trade-in since ordering. I picked up my Explorer yesterday and the miles were of no issue. I would think any honest/intelligent dealer knows that you're still going to be driving the trade in before you get the Explorer. As long as it is...
  9. K

Engine hesitation

When I test drove, I specifically test drove for this situation, because my current Buick Enclave has awful lag and needed reprogrammed to improve it a little (I still feel it's dangerously slow at times). I thought the Explorer was MUCH more responsive, and hardly noticed any delay at all...
  10. K

What a nice surprise!

I placed my order with the dealer the very first week of March. I forget when he said he was going to find out his next allotment of vehicle orders, but at that time he didn't have it. He felt it would not be until mid-late March. So that's when I think my order actually got put into the mix...
  11. K

What a nice surprise!

I ordered my Ford Explorer in March, and the dealer called me April 4th to tell me it was scheduled for production - I should have it the last week of April. Well, he called today and it's in!! Earlier than we both expected. What a nice surprise. I will pick up on Friday and happily become a new...
  12. K

Ford Overtakes GM in US Sales

I am a 1st-time GM owner, who has sworn never to buy GM again. I have been waiting for the new Ford Explorers since last fall, and in March I ordered mine. I am look forward to delivery in April. I love seeing Ford pull market share from GM. I hope Ford not only continues to put out quality...
  13. K

2nd Row Power Fold Down?

That's great info. Two people at the dealership swear that the bench has the power option, but they can't find anything through their ordering info that gives a difinative answer. I knew a forum like this would set me straight. If you want answers...find a great forum.
  14. K

2nd Row Power Fold Down?

Hi all. I am looking at a 2011 Explorer and am considering the 2nd row bench configuration. But I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a power fold down for these seats, or is it all a manual fold? Thanks!
Back