Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. blwnsmoke

2025 Explorer Review by Blwnsmoke

I agree. Seeing it in person, sitting in it etc, the interior is definitely an upgrade and the exterior looks better in person then in pics. But with 1 year till my Ex is paid off and a 8/150k warranty, I'm definitely not starting over with what the 25 offers.
  2. blwnsmoke

The speakers go completely across the dash, it's a soundbar.
  3. blwnsmoke

2023 Explorer Leak, Electrical Problem, and Overall Disappointment

You don't need an attorney for a buyback. Go through the BBB autoline as stated in the manual and they will handle your BB request. They typically go pretty smoothly because it's pretty black and white if you meet your states requirements for a lemon.
  4. blwnsmoke

I believe I spotted a new Timberline - Pics

@Rick Did he confirm they were keeping the Timberline name?
  5. blwnsmoke

2020 Explorer ST exhaust pipe disconnected

Exhaust is not covered under the ESP. But it might be covered under the recalls with the exhaust.
  6. blwnsmoke

How to: Remove and Replace Battery - New battery at just over 3 years and 43,000 miles

4 1/2 years, 84k miles.. still original battery. But get the deep sleep daily because of dash cam draining battery till it shuts off at 12v.
  7. blwnsmoke

Ford Explorer Timberline will probably be revived this year.

It was teased and posted when we were out at Ford HQ that an off-road version is coming back. Whether they use this name or not is not known.
  8. blwnsmoke

2025 Ford Explorer Gets New Looks, New Tech, $41,220 MSRP

They have 6 color choices. I had me turned in my review that they will have an offroad version coming.
  9. blwnsmoke

2025 Ford Explorer Gets New Looks, New Tech, $41,220 MSRP

Lol, you stated in your original post, 14x processing power, why? It's 5 times processing power, 14x graphics capability. TWO different things. I was literally there at the presentation and Mr. Sun as seen in this pic stated 5 times the processing power using a Qualcomm processor. Also from...
  10. blwnsmoke

The ST has paddle shifters. It does not list it on the Platinum.
  11. blwnsmoke

Never thought to check. I did check to see if they had the rear cover underneath for sound proofing that was all too common to be missing.. and they didn't. I questioned them on it, showed them it missing and the thread here about many of us complaining. They seemed to not even know about it.
  12. blwnsmoke

Highlights 4 trims (5th coming later that is more offroad) Active, ST-Line, ST and Platinum. Platinum now can have the 2.3 or 3.0 New entertainment system and digital dash, 5 times more powerful. B&O soundbar across entire dash on all trims. 5,000# tow across all trims Same powerplants...
  13. blwnsmoke

I was given an awesome opportunity to go to Ford HQ and see the 25 Explorer. Here are a bunch of photos I took. (Check out Kris G and Russell D's review of the 2025 Explorers here:)...
  14. blwnsmoke

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 23-2174

I see no reason why it wouldn't be.
  15. blwnsmoke

Here is the link going over the intermediate shaft change
  16. blwnsmoke

It is possible. Typically when you compare, you are talking 1mpg between 2wd and 4wd.
  17. blwnsmoke

Check out this video on the cause of the rough shifting. Brand new TSB and explanation on the cause. Unfortunately if out of warranty, this is a customer pay job.. but should be a warranty extension based on a defective design. There is also a new TSB for the front disconnect shaft that goes...
  18. blwnsmoke

Headlamps - disappointed?

Fixed it lol, autocorrect not working correctly.
  19. blwnsmoke

Headlamps - disappointed?

I find the headlights really good. I did activate Bambi mode to allow all 6 lights on at the same time. But I do live in the middle of the woods with no street or city lights. I think they are far better then our previous 2011 Explorer with the HIDs.
  20. blwnsmoke

2020 Ford Explorer Transmission Issues

If damage was done from the cooler, I don't see how you got another 65k before the failure. I don't think one had to do with the other. Plenty of cooler failures early on and nobody needing transmissions.
  21. blwnsmoke

2020 explorer xlt total loss or fixable!???

Look up Collision safety Consultants on Facebook if you feel you are not getting a payout for what the vehicle truly is. He does AMAZING work with getting you more money than what they offer in your pocket. I'd use them every time with all the stories I read from his clients and him.
  22. blwnsmoke

360 back up camera recall 2020-2023 models - FSA 23S02

Recall consists of: Part PB5Z-13234-B ------- Wiring and SOC Part JL7Z-19G490-F ------- 23S23 Camera When replacing a camera, it does need to be programmed to the vehicle which a dealer needs to do. A 3rd party mechanic may have access to it through their computers but it is not plug and...
Back