Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Question about those "Explorer" and "XLT" body badges on a 2002 XLT.

Oddly enough, I bought mine used, and there were no Explorer logos on any of the doors, no holes! But I understand completely, some may have holes.
  2. T

Spare Tire Winch/Carrier

The tire shop should be able to clean out the fix-a-flat. They should also let you know about the stem. For the tire winch I'd just go to the junk yard to pick it up, you may even find the original rim with a tire for cheap. I'm sure that you could get away with any rim so long as you can get...
  3. T

$950

Grille Guard, keep (most) of the deer guts from splattering, and (most) can help you drive home safe, sound and with a story.
  4. T

2003 Explorer won't start. It has a fast clicking noise.

I also had this same problem within a few months of bringing my X home, in the end all I needed was a new battery, we went with the lead-acid(?) Autozone battery. At first I had the same concern you had, the radio and lights still worked, however when I tried to start it nothing. If you can...
  5. T

What have you done with the "wasted" space in the center console?

Why would you want to mod the best planned console ever?! Personally I have pondered many a drive on this, but I love the fact that I can place my food, etc, in that space to eat and drive. The little round holder towards the back is for my fries, or pennies, both fit. As far as mods all that...
  6. T

Need SUV. Around 40K to spend. Help wanted.

Hope I'm not banished for this...:D Tahoe! Tahoe! Tahoe! Tahoe! Tahoe! ...and the infomercial bit...15 mpg city, 21 mpg highway; user selectable 4WD, with auto; tows more than 7,300 lbs; Onstar; Hybrid option... And while this would be perfectly viable west of the Rocky Mountains, I remember...
  7. T

funny 4x4 sayings

Might be a stretch, but... Obey Gravity It's the law! Saw it on a bumper sticker and am consider getting one.
  8. T

2nd row headrests

Okay, well that solves the mystery. I was talking about the late '02+ seats, so as fusseli said they changed seats. It appears that the early '02 models use the same seats as the 2nd gen Explorers. According to this post: Luckily we figured it out. There is a release(sp?) pin that could be...
  9. T

2nd row headrests

Well, I just learned something about '02 Explorers I imagine your headrests are something like these, right? I thought they were like these, For an 03+ Explorer (which is what I have) My seats all have a button, the 02 seem to be quite different.
  10. T

2nd row headrests

I just looked, sorry I was thinking about the headrests in a Tahoe. It turns out the explorer headrests are a little different. Below the last C cut is a flat line cut so they don't come out without pressing the button. As far as getting them out I can't help any more.:rolleyes:
  11. T

2nd row headrests

Isn't the button just there to prevent the headrests from going down? They should just come out.
  12. T

cd player removal

Try this link... http://www.rampslides.com/explorer/radiobezel.html
  13. T

Sub panel

If you get your panel out, I would sure enjoy pictures of your removal process.:D
  14. T

Request: 02 explorer radio wiring diagram

I second this!:hammer:
Back