Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Time to say goodbye to my Explorer :(

When I bought my 2011 Explorer I said I would drive the wheels off of it. It's been a good run - 12.5 years, 190,000 miles, lots of fun. Unfortunately, the busted hazard light switch, coupled with other needed repairs, make it difficult to justify keeping. Thanks to everyone here that's assisted...
  2. K

Hazard Button Not working

Thanks. This sucks. Haha Is there a way to bypass the hazard button and wire up a hard switch?
  3. K

Confirmation of #6 cylinder

Thank you! That's good news too since I don't have to tear more things apart. :)
  4. K

Confirmation of #6 cylinder

Hello everyone! I’m seeing some conflicting messages on here so I wanted to get confirmation on the location of #6 cylinder in my 2011 Explorer. I’m getting the P0306 code and plan to replace the coil and probably the plug as well. I want to make sure I’m replacing the right one. :) Thanks!
  5. K

Hazard Button Not working

After dealing with water intrusion from the clogged sunroof drains my hazards are not working. I'm guessing I'll need to replace the part as well. I'll troubleshoot the fuses. In the meantime, does anyone have a part number referenced in this thread? Searching parts sites doesn't really show...
  6. K

Is there a way to manually close the moonroof (tilt)

Definitely. I checked the drain hoses and they didn't seem blocked or anything. Having the right tools there at the time would have helped a lot. haha
  7. K

To close the loop on this thread - after multiple shipping delays I finally received and replaced both motors today. Problem solved. The drains look clear so now I need to find the source of the water coming into the driver area when it rains. It's as if someone is in the headliner pouring...
  8. K

This may be the best workaround I've seen:
  9. K

I watched this video that pointed out some washer fluid connections that need disconnected.
  10. K

Also, besides not using the rear windshield washer, is there anything preventing me from driving with the headliner pulled out? I should be able to completely disconnect the visors and the rear view mirror and the curtain airbags should still function.
  11. K

That’s what I thought too but it’s not a hex.
  12. K

I stand corrected. There is a cable on either side.
  13. K

Yeah, as I mentioned earlier I did try that but it didn’t seem to have any effect on the glass. Maybe I’ll try again. Thinking about it more it seems like the motor does nothing more than slide the cable back and forth so I’m wondering if I can carefully try to do the same with my fingers or...
  14. K

I checked passenger compartment fuse 38 and engine compartment fuse 8. Both appear fine. I pulled and swapped the motors. Still no response from the moonroof (left) side and the shade side only works intermittently. There's no hex screw on the motors. Only a Phillips head on one end that...
  15. K

I'll try the hex and definitely swapping motor connections if that doesn't work. I need to drop the headliner and find these leaks. It was raining just as much inside the truck as outside the other day. My son was laughing his butt off.
  16. K

The moonroof on my 2011 Explorer is now stuck open in the tilt position. Both the shade and window won't close, presumably from the water leaking into the truck and the overhead center console where the control buttons are. Is there a manual way to close the glass?
  17. K

Water around overhead console

Did this work? I'm experiencing a similar thing now as well on my 2011. I have the moonroof, no signs of water on the inside of the windshield glass, but the console as dripping water at a pretty steady pace yesterday from the driver's side lamp area.
  18. K

Front end clunk - bushing failure?

Did you notice the Moog's are louder than stock? I replaced my sway bars and lower tie rods with Moog and it's considerably louder.
  19. K

Wiper arm removal

I replaced the cowl today and it was super easy. The bolt cover is a simple plastic piece that just pulls off. The pulley puller did the trick to get the wiper blades off easily and the rest was just unscrew and pull the plastic retainer pins and swap the piece. I think I need to make all of the...
  20. K

Wiper arm removal

Does anyone have a reference for the removal and reinstallation of the front wiper arms? I need to replace my front cowl so they have to come off. I know I should use a pulley puller to get them off to prevent breakage. What about removing the cover to get to the bolt, torque when tightening, etc.?
  21. K

Windshield Bottom Molding

Yeah, AutoNation was: Subtotal Amount: $280.24 Estimated shipping to HI : $457.84 haha It looks like the Wheeler order might work out. Thank you!
  22. K

Too many to list. Lakeland and pretty much every other Ford parts site. I just found one and ordered from Wheeler Fleet Solutions for $25 2-day shipping. We'll see if they contact me to laugh at me. Haha.
  23. K

I still need this part but pretty much every parts outlet I've checked charges ~3x the cost of the product for shipping it to me. Does anyone know of a reputable parts dealer that has decent shipping rates to Hawaii?
Back