Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Eaton M112 Supercharger Installed

Hi there why don't you put a air to air intercooler on it from Forced induction technologies they make an adapter for the super chargers and your temp issues at high boost will be helped
  2. P

2" body lift

Lift Hi there I initially did a two inch body lift and Tt and additional spring in the rear and 33s fit perfectly now I have done quite a bit more and have happily put 35s on
  3. P

Advice on lift?

He there 96xplorer get the bee out of your backside everyone might not be so computer savvy as as you so don't be a wanker and any advice would be appreciated
  4. P

Any help please

Riddle me this Can anyone tell me why that ford would make such a box as the 5r55e that on one of the shafts spins at three times the speed of the tailshaft it's like having your teeth on a pin of a grenade don't know if the newer explorer boxes do this or have rectified it
  5. P

Any help please

Well Thankyou for all the input I received anyhow found out what it was and brand new box in from ford of all places they where the cheapest $3000 on the money :(
  6. P

Any help please

Hi there I was putting a shift kit in my explorer and when I took the separator plate off this was sitting on top of it don't know if it's a thrust washer but I also found one needle from a bearing around 1/4 inch long and around 1.5mm wide don't know where that came from either.the gearbox was...
  7. P

99 XL 3" bodylift

Well when I had 33s on it felt that it didn't make much difference to me what it did do though was totally correct my speedo I have the auto so can't comment on the manual sorry man what gears are on it at the Moment.the car comes standard with the 31s and 32s ain't much different surely 33s...
  8. P

99 XL 3" bodylift

Put the 33" on mate they will fit easily after the body lift
  9. P

Front diff drop

Well all done and back together,was a bit of a mission. Work done Dropped the front diff down two inches Reworked the front cross member to stop the back of the diff hitting Put a diff locker in the front Had the front tail shaft redone with a uni joint welded to it Have 35 inch Mickey...
  10. P

Transfercase chatter

Yes I knew that,I dismantled the cvs and kept that bit in there any ideas on the transfer case chatter
  11. P

Transfercase chatter

Hi there guys I have a little problem.I have done the brown wire mod and being that my explorer is right hand drive everything is in the opposite place went through all the directions all good. Pulled the front diff out so I could work on it and still drive it,have a special bung in transfer...
  12. P

Shift kit

Not 100% sure there mate. I am going to say no on the 5.0 ltr down under that's not to say I couldn't put one in can get a full v8 with computer and loom reasonably cheap. My car is the 4.0 ltr sohc
  13. P

Shift kit

Hi there guys I am putting in one of those shift kits in my 99 explorer would there be anything else I could do to the gearbox while I am doing this. The box won't be out of the car, any advice would be appreciated, i am having no problems with it I do a bit of heavy towing though and thought...
  14. P

Correct fluid

Thanks there have gone with the penrite still 170 dollars for 12 litres, the mercon v still costs a fortune from an aftermarket place also,$300 for 20ltr drum all sorted now though. The fluid I ended up getting was penrite ATF-FM5.still as dear as poison but acceptable, Cheers
  15. P

Correct fluid

Just rang the ford dealer and they charge $30 per litre Holy crap that's for the mercon v is there any other substitute that people are using. Penrite have an oil for the 99 explorer ???
  16. P

Correct fluid

Cheers for that
  17. P

Correct fluid

Hi guys I have a 1999 ford explorer 4wd and was just trying to confirm the correct transmission fluid it's an automatic and I am talking the gearbox trying to find it here but can't. Thanks in advance
  18. P

Front diff drop

Ok with the kit then if you lower the top and bottom control arm then that fixes the issue of steering geometry and gives you some lift, but still does not fix the angle of the cv joints when lifted by torsion twist, Is that why you get heavy duty cv joints so they don't grind as hard or do you...
  19. P

Front diff drop

Well I have pull the front diff out and am reworking the cross member to lower the diff down and have sent the front tail shaft off to a shop to have a yoke installed as the angle would wreck everything at this point I can easily go another two inches so I hope I can lower the diff down that far...
  20. P

Bags

Hi there guys was trying to look around site for any ideas on how to put the rear springs on my 99 explorer on top of the diff instead of under for lift,but no joy so any help there would be appreciative also has anyone done a five link setup on the rear diff and put airbag suspension in it...
  21. P

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Newbie Hi there have just paid up saw a couple of good mods I might try and thought 20 bucks was good value Cheers
  22. P

Front diff drop

Hi there Hi there guys and if there are any girls I am from Australia and am the Owner of a 1999 ford explorer xlt UQ model It was a local imPort I have had it For around one year and was standard when I gOt it although now I have done a 2 inch body lift and extra leaf in the rear and...
Back