Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Functioning center console swap?

Center Console If you're looking for a full-length console with rear vents, I have one for sale - I bought it to put in my 00 XLS, but realized it would take too much to change the setup to make it worth my while...I bought it on here from another member a few months ago. I leave on a work...
  2. P

Possibly buying a 2nd gen. What to look for?

I just bought my 2000 XLS 4x4 with 146K miles for $2500 a month ago, so I'd think you should be able to find a similar deal. Mine has the 4.0L OHV, which may not have as much power, but my neighbor (a Ford mechanic) has a '99 with the same engine and said it's far more reliable than the SOHC...
  3. P

Drivers door lock switch won't lock?

Mine has a similar problem, but a little different - power locks work perfectly on all doors except the driver's door, which will neither lock NOR unlock, except with the key. It makes a sound, and moves slightly when I hit the button, but not enough to engage the lock/unlock mechanism...any...
  4. P

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

My 00 XLS 4x4 with a 4.0L OHV has 147K on it.
  5. P

Mpg??

FYI - my neighbor is a Ford mechanic, and he verified to me that in 2nd Gen. Explorers (4wd) that the standard rear axle is a 3.73 and the 4.10 is the optional for the towing package. He said he looked at mine when it was up on the lift recently and verified that it was a 3.73.
  6. P

Mpg??

I get 15-16 with my OHV 4.0L in my 2000 XLS. About what I expected. Does getting a better air filter (i.e. K&N or similar) make much of a difference with this engine?
  7. P

Installed full center console in 00 XLS

Thanks for posting this - I have a 2000 XLS as well, and the console arm rest is broken - just agreed to buy a used full-length console, and then realized I had no idea if it would actually fit well - good to know it does!! Any tips you have on the install would be GREATLY appreciated by this...
  8. P

For Sale Parting out 97 Eddie Bauer 4x4

Dang...it's tan. If it was gray, I'd definitely buy!
  9. P

Just bought our second Explorer - a 2000 XLS

Hey, thanks! I used to work in Mankato. I'm new to MN, too - just moved here a little over a year ago.
  10. P

Thanks everyone! Hey, quick question - my XLS has a broken center console, and I'm thinking of getting a full-length center console to replace it...first, will it fit? Second, where's a good place to get a gray one??
  11. P

No, actually, I'm just looking for the full-length console with the little storage bins.
  12. P

2nd Gen Explorer and mountaineer parts

If the center console is gray, how much do you want for it, shipped to 56093?
  13. P

Do you have the center console? If so, how much, shipped to 56093?
  14. P

Hello All, Glad to be part of the Explorer family again - had a 1996 XLT 4x4 for many years, traded it in when it started to nickel-and-dime us at 180K+ miles, but missed it...just bought a 2000 XLS with 146K miles for a sweet price, and very glad we've done it! Only needs a few things...
Back