Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Help with a mysterious clunking noise

I have 126k on my truck. It is 4x4. Only thing I have replaced out of those things you wrote so far are the shocks and that was about 60k miles ago.
  2. B

Help with a mysterious clunking noise

I hear a clunking/popping noise coming from the front of my 2001 explorer sport. It happens when I put on my brakes (not all the time), when i turn (without hitting the brakes), and going down the road (sometimes when hitting bumps). These clunking noises don't happen all the time. I do feel...
  3. B

Best place to buy an actuator

does anyone know a cheap place to buy an door lock actuator for my 2001 ford explorer sport. I was checking places like autozone and they wanted like $80-110
  4. B

Help! Problem with Air Vents

well my problem was a hose in the dash came off. just had to reattach it and secure it and now my ac works again.
  5. B

Driver's side door won't lock or unlock with Keyless entry

I have a viper alarm on my explorer as well and neither its unlock/lock or keyless buttons do anything on my drivers side door but it does on my others. Same thing with the buttons inside of the truck they will lock and unlock all the other doors but not my driver's side. Does anyone know where...
  6. B

Driver's side door won't lock or unlock with Keyless entry

My driver's side door will unlock and lock when I use my key. When I use my keyless entry it wont unlock or lock my door. The little button to lock/unlock my door doesn't move at all. I have to press it down when I close my door so I can lock my door. Does anyone know what I need? I am not sure...
  7. B

i pulled out the vacuum hoses and you can hear air come out of the vacuum reservior. I didnt see any cracks and I didnt hear any sounds when I shook it. So I am guessing there is a vacuum hose that is leaking somewhere.
  8. B

I was able to get to the vacuum reservoir. the lines look fine i shook the vacuum reservoir to see if there was any rattling but I didnt hear anything. I was wondering how if anyone knew how to unhook it and if it was ok to unhook. I just didnt want anything to happen if it was unhooked.
  9. B

do you know if it is hard to repair?
  10. B

by the way I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport. when you put on the gas you can actually hear the vents shut.
  11. B

When I turn my knob to the left to A/C or Max A/C for 1 it doesnt get that cool and 2 when I press on the gas nothing comes out of the vents at all. When I release the gas some air starts to come out of the vents but once I try speed up it completely shuts off the air again. When I turn the knob...
  12. B

Plastic piece on passenger side seat lever

mine is gray but the color doesnt matter to me. I just want a handle that works. you can contact me by emailing me at illinibball89@hotmail.com
  13. B

does anyone know where i can get a replacement or do you have one for sale?
  14. B

I did a search and I didn't see another post for this. I have a 2001 Explorer Sport. My friend slid off of my seat and his belt loop got caught on the plastic piece of my passenger side seat lever and broke it in half. I can still use the lever by pulling on the numb or using the foot lever...
Back