Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Catalytic Converter Removal Help

Brace the transmission with a floor jack and then unbolt and take off the transmission crossmember. Be very care that the jack is holding the tranny securly in place, those suckers are HEAVY and you dont want it to fall out. You can also remove the transfer case skidplate thats behind the...
  2. 9

93 XLT 4x4 wont engage

(i accidentally posted this in the wrong topic the first time) Well I dont know what I did, but the transfer case is working now!!! I have shifted in and out of 4x4 twice with no problem! I tested it out on some dirt, just to make sure it was working...... Thanks for all the help guys. I...
  3. 9

'93 Sport - Won't Shift in 4-wheel. Lots of Snow!

Well I dont know what I did, but the transfer case is working now!!! I have shifted in and out of 4x4 twice with no problem! I tested it out on some dirt, just to make sure it was working...... ;) Thanks for all the help guys. I am definately going to take your advice and use the 4x4 at...
  4. 9

93 XLT 4x4 wont engage

^^ I just performed the test on my hubs. With my engine off and the explorer in park, I crawled underneath and rotated the front driveshaft. It turned a few times then i heard some clicks and it wouldn't turn that direction anymore. I could rotate it the opposite direction a few times then it...
  5. 9

93 XLT 4x4 wont engage

Update! I took my truck to a local 4x4 shop and had a guy take a look. He crawled underneath and had me engage 4x4 and rool forward and back. He said that my auto locking hubs were engaging and disengaging as they are supposed to. He said my front drive shaft is not turning via the transfer...
  6. 9

93 XLT 4x4 wont engage

^^There is a sound amp back there but you have to remove the whole side panel in the trunk to get to it. If i remember correctly its mounted on the pillar. About the 4x4. I slithered under my truck today and tapped the shift motor with a hammer. When i pushed the 4x4 button the lights lit up as...
  7. 9

93 XLT 4x4 wont engage

So, is there a cheap fix for a frozen tranfer case motor? I read on another thread in here someone said you can get a friend to tap the motor with a hammer while you try to engage the transfer case. Does this work and where on the truck is this motor?
  8. 9

93 XLT 4x4 wont engage

Ok so there is a snow storm outside and i was driving to a friend's place and decided to play in a parking lot on the way. When i tried to engage the 4x4 it wont work. I have a 93 XLT with push button transfer case and automatic locking hubs. I Just used the 4x4 successfully a few days ago...
  9. 9

Check Engine Light!!!

Ok, I am going to get my CEL tested at Autozone, but does the light have to be on while they test it in order to find the problem?
  10. 9

Check Engine Light!!!

I have had some check engine light problems in the past, but lately they have been coming back to haunt me. It seems that the light comes on when i am on a long trip (over an hour of continuous driving) and the check engine light only comes on when i am going down a long hill. This can...
Back