Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Has anyone got the Cargo Security Shade?

Worthless Junk I tried to use it during a trip but ended up storing it. I thought it would keep my tools out of sight, but with the tinted windows you couldn't see them anyhow.
  2. J

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

After following the advise on this forum I ignored the multiple letters (first the white envelopes and then the yellow envelopes) all with the same offer. I finally let my subscription expire and hooked up my Ipod inside my EX. Strange enough last week while driving to work suddenly my Sirius...
  3. J

Uploading v2.11 problems from thumb drive

Unsuccessful Upgrade After my memory stick stopped uploading into my EX for a good 45 mins I tried to reinstall it but received the same error as other have received. Finally I gave up and will wait for the 2012 upgrade. Having my vehicle out in my driveway running for an hour trying to play...
  4. J

MFT Text now working

Text Began to Work We were driving my EX during the Halloween Blizzard in Pennsylvania when suddenly my MFT started listing text messages to listen to. Many of them were funny since my sisters phone tries to auto-correct her spelling and often chooses the incorrect word. The messages read out...
  5. J

Problems with Gas Fill

Gas Fill Problem Fixed I took my 2011 Limited Explorer in to the dealer shop have the fuel filling problem fixed. After working on it for an entire week (requiring me to drive a loaner 2012 Focus which made me really appreciate my Explorer) the dealership first replaced a kink in the line...
  6. J

I swear I hear a fan noise when I turn on my Heated Seats.

On full power I have been able to hear the fan, but I usually run it on the middle setting which is not as loud. Playing with the settings it seems to me that the fan only blows air from behind the front seats, so the temperature of the air is relative to the temperature behind the front row...
  7. J

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I had this problem up to around 5000 miles. Since then the smell during hard acceleration has disappeared. I hope it was only a breaking in smell.
  8. J

Noisy Wipers ?

I have been hearing the noise also but after awhile I stopped hearing it.
  9. J

Problems with Gas Fill

Slow Gas Fueling Only in the last few times filling my gas tank have I started to experience problems pumping gas into my Explorer. It has over 8000 miles of refueling with no problems. I thought the first time it was the gas nozzle of that specific gas station, but it continued to reoccur...
  10. J

2011 Explorer Restricted from towing U-Haul Trailers

My father and I had driven separately to W. Virginia on a church work camp. This was the first major road trip in my new 2011 Explorer Limited. Our trip there went fine as I enjoyed the MFT system and the automatic cruise control. However, as accidents happen and my father broke his ankle...
  11. J

New Sirius channel lineup effective May 4th.

Sirius Trial Subscription When I called the number on the Sirius card that came with my owners manual I was told to go online to sign up. Once online I signed up and then called Sirius. They upgraded my account for a 15 month trial because I explained that I already had a XM account and...
  12. J

New Sirius channel lineup effective May 4th.

At first this morning my pre-set channels were incorrect, but after about 10 minutes the pre-sets all automatically switched themselves to their new numbers. But I still can't browser the entire list of channels.
  13. J

Just got back

Are your Second Row Seat-Belts the airbag inflatable seat belts?
  14. J

Hi Everyone.

I had an X-Plan, but I ended up using the USAA Car Buying Service which got me a better deal and then subtracted the $750 flyer (thanks explorerforum) and $1000 incentive off that price.
  15. J

What's your status?

I try not to get my hopes up too much either. I expect the dealer to try to raise the price, not give me promised trade in, or damage/imperfections on my Ex, that may leave me Explorer-less for additional time. I still have my fingers crossed and been waiting for it to arrive...hopefully soon.
  16. J

List of Useful Threads Hints for a Pre-Pick Up Inspection & Used Ex. Check List

After reading some of the other posts, I decided to try to create a list of items to check to avoid picking up my Explorer in the excitement of the moment only to find issues or missing items a few days later. I combed over the forum to capture other owner’s experiences with picking up their...
  17. J

Seni , For President of Customer Service

So far my dealer has returned or sent me zero emails since I ordered my Explorer; whereas, Seni has provided me with a VIN and assisted me to find my sticker. If it was possible to order my Explorer online with only Seni to assist me, I would do without hesitation. Thanks for all the help.
  18. J

Antenna alternatives

Lower antenna Look at the antenna discussion in this posting http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311510&highlight=crayola There are even pictures on how good it looks and the website is listed to order. I haven't even received my Ex yet and I have an order in to switch...
  19. J

Ordered 3/15 and got VIN # today!

Build Week of April 18 Much like Steve W. I was also clicking on the website repeatedly during the day to get my sticker. Yo and behold, this morning pops up my sticker. So for ordering on 3/12 my Red Loaded Limited, received a VIN (thanks Seni) and now has a sticker as of 4/8, with a build...
  20. J

I have a priority code of 11 which after googling it seems to be pretty good.
  21. J

Seni, Thank you so much for looking up my VIN for me today. I ordered my Red Ex Limited with every option on March 12th and now I have a VIN. Thanks again.
  22. J

Rear Center Console question

My dealer showed me during our test drive that with the seats folded down the leather top of the console was a bit over the seats. He said that a "friend" opens his and made a wooden top to cover the console to level it with the seats when down. He stated that he hoped that Ford would later...
  23. J

Hello all. Ordered my Ex 3/15!

X-Plan vs Auto Circle I got the "Ford X-Plan Friends And Neighbors New Vehicle Purchase Program" from a friend. Dealer participation is voluntary; therefore, it is important to verify that your local dealer participates in the Program. However, after adding everything up I found that my back...
  24. J

New order placed 3/1/11!!

Jabber49- You beat my order by a couple days. I also ordered the 2011 Limited 4WD 302A in Red Candy Metallic and but with the black interior on 3/12/11. I grabbed every option available: trailer package, dual bucket rear seats, roof rack bars, and splash guards, but skipped the DVD headrests...
Back