Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Driveshaft Woes....What a day, lessons learned!

Yeah the Famos scene was in a Bronco......he came home after the trial in an Aerostar
  2. R

Driveshaft Woes....What a day, lessons learned!

First off Hello again folks, it's been a while :) As my son turned 17 and I bought an F150 he has "inherited" my Aerostar. I was told that it was "shaking some" when taking off the line and at the low end of the power band so I figured he had a tire with a blown belt or a warped rotor. Not...
  3. R

New Aerostar with 59K miles!

My radiator was leaking when it wanted to as well Picked up a new one, cap and t-stat from Advanced Auto website for 109 shipped They was a code on the website for 10% off and free shipping
  4. R

Head gasket or ???

That point to the heater core If the core is leaking you WILL smell antifreeze and will not show much of a puddle (if at all) as it will mostly be steam escaping
  5. R

Ignition problem?

UPDATE::::: Still haven't had a chance to swap out the Ig Switch HOWEVER the problem seems to have been fixed. The Battery went dead and it's been starting just like on TV since the new battery was installed Go figure :)
  6. R

Is my head gasket toast?

The head gasket can go bad between the cylinders and you'll never lose an ounce of coolant! If you have a compression tester I'd check that as well.
  7. R

Ignition problem?

Awesome! Thanks for the help on this one!!! Prolly won't dig into it till the weekend, the wife drives the van the most and I showed her how to jump the relay, what a gal huh? :D
  8. R

Ignition problem?

Yes and have tried cycling the shifter when it won't crank to no avail Is the switch part of the key or a separate switch cluster that attaches to the key?
  9. R

Ignition problem?

Nope no alarm. So the wire I was checking is from the keyswitch I'll check fuses then start looking into a new switch :( (or alternative :) )
  10. R

Ignition problem?

Great...thanks, that's what I thought :mad: Maybe I'll just run a 20 amp push button to the solenoid and power that off the keyswitch in run position....... I hate replacing keyswitches :D There isn't a relay that fires the solenoid then? My Jeep goes Keyswitch fires a relay that...
  11. R

Ignition problem?

95 Aerostar Sometimes not always when you turn the keyswitch it does NOTHING. The radio comes on and whatnot but no cranking If you were to jump the solenoid it starts right up and runs fine. Sometimes after you shut down it will restart with the ke other times you need to jump the...
  12. R

Another cooling system question.

95 with the 3.0 When the vent is on or norm air I'm getting a strong antifreeze smell in the van. With vent off or on Max Air there is no smell! Am I looking at a Heater Core? BTW Stopleak made no difference Not leaking anywhere that I can find, level stays good, just the smell
  13. R

No start condition when it's raining.

UPDATE! Did a full tune-up Plugs, wires, cap rotor. When doing the drivers side back plug I noticed that one of the vac lines was cracked and cut. Not sure if I knocked it off while trying to get my meathooks back there but it was off none the less. Van seems to be running just like on TV now...
  14. R

No start condition when it's raining.

Hi there folks! :) First off my mechanical talents lend them self mostly to Jeeps offroading and suspentions I have a '95 Areostar 3.0L. Here's my problem, kinda long :( I live in Chicago area and when the Blizzard hit I went out and the van wouldn't start. When I opened the hood there was...
Back