Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

What's your status?

Just got word this morning that my Ex was delivered! Going in at noon tomorrow to pick it up. Dealer said he wanted the whole day to prep and then told me he had a doctor appointment this afternoon...now I know the real reason why I can't get it today! I'll post pics this weekend, have the...
  2. T

$500 Rebate on 2012 Explorer

Which offer specifically are you referring to? I'm on the website now and don't see any Bonus Cash offers for my zipcode (752xx, TX). Maybe it's zip code specific? The only ones I'm seeing for the 2012 are the Police, Military and Student rebates which are usually always active...the 2011 Ex...
  3. T

New Delivery Checklist

Here's the thread. I agree making this a sticky sounds like a great idea... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314373
  4. T

What's your status?

Finally got my window sticker on Saturday! 06/10 = ordered 07/22 = VIN 127xx 08/13 = window sticker 08/19 = build date ???? = ETA.
  5. T

2012 brochures/rebates

I requested a 2012 brochure online a couple of weeks ago and received a 2011 ex brochure in the mail on friday. However, it did have a 750 off coupon that is good through 10/2/11 for a 2011 or 2012. It cannot be used with a/d/z plans but can be used with x plan. I don't think the 2012 brochures...
  6. T

What's your status?

Haha thanks Cory! I didn't get the notification email until after I had sent the previous post. Hope you're feeling better!!! According to Cory, looks like my build date was pushed back to 8/19, so here's hoping to my window sticker showing up by Monday. This will be the 2nd or 3rd time it's...
  7. T

What's your status?

Cory confirmed my 8/15 build date around 8/5. Sent him another message on 8/10 but haven't heard back from him yet....still no window sticker as of this morning. Also, if other people in the 12000 range are getting stickers as early as this morning I seriously doubt there is an inflatable...
  8. T

What's your status?

Mazda3sguy - we have very similar builds. Almost the same truck except I didn't get second row buckets or awd...all other options match exactly! Where is my sticker??? I placed my order on 6/10 and my build date was supposed to be 8/15. Vin is 127XX, I'm getting very frustrated because ppl who...
  9. T

What's your status?

Yea, I'm at a total loss now. I've done some more searching for VINs today and found ones with window stickers even in the 17000 range. Do any of you guys higher than 12000 know if your dealer ordered your SUV as a Dealer (Stock) order or as a Retail (Customer) order? That may have something to...
  10. T

What's your status?

UGH, still no sticker for me, my VIN is 127XX with build date supposedly 8/15. Anyone with a VIN number after mine have access to their sticker yet? Could some of you guys that posted in the last day or so tell us your VIN so we can get an idea of where they're at in the production sequence (not...
  11. T

What's your status?

Spengracin - Is your brochure for a 2011 or a 2012? I have a 2011 brochure and my program number is #33502. However, my offer expired on 7/3/11. Also, knowing my dealer, I doubt they would accept a 750 cash offer from a 2011 brochure for a 2012. If they can't process the program # in Vincent...
  12. T

What's your status?

Thought I'd pass on this info I learned today from the Ford Marketing Team.. I requested a 2012 brochure last week, the first day Ford updated the site allowing one to request a brochure by mail. Called the Ford Marketing Team today and they told me I had a $750 Private Offer (2011 Customized...
  13. T

Gear/Tire Difference on Window Stickers

Were the other stickers you looked at also built after the one that included the ratios? Maybe they chose to include the ratios on the window stickers at the beginning of the builds and decided to remove it later on? All 303A packages should have the same gear ratios and tires, even if it's...
  14. T

What's your status?

Dam* those Ecoboost engines. When I ordered in june my dealer told me those weren't getting built until later this year. Not that I really wanted one to begin with, but why would they refer to "production sequence" as the last 6 numbers of your VIN, yet none of us with 10-12K range VINs even...
  15. T

What's your status?

My build date is also 8/8 and my VIN is in the 12000s. Does anyone with a 10000 or 11000 VIN have their sticker yet? I did some research on google using this search - "2012 Ford Explorer" VIN - and it seems a lot of the dealer order (stock order) VINs are in the 8 and 9 thousand range. I've...
  16. T

What's your status?

No sticker for me yet either. According to Cory's message he sent me the approximate date mine should be available is tomorrow 8/4.
  17. T

What's your status?

Border - Thanks for the review, glad to hear you're enjoying the new ride! I have an HTC Evo, which android phones were you using to connect to SYNC? I know HTC has different a different bluetooth stack than Samsung and Moto so different android phones might not all perform the same way...
  18. T

What's your status?

Border, congrats on being the first on this forum to get delivery notice for your 2012! Mine is currently scheduled to land at the dealership on 8/22... Do you mind asking about incentives for the 2012s during your dealer visit and relaying the response? Speaking of, does anyone know any...
  19. T

What's your status?

Ordered a 2012 Sterling Grey Limited 302A +Moonroof +Tow +Rims on 6/10. Heard today that a VIN has been assigned and it should roll off the line approximately August 9th. Thanks for the update Cory!
  20. T

2012 Ford Explorer Order Guide

Just got off the phone with my dealer rep and she told me June 13th was when you could actually process a new 2012 order. The pricing information should be available just before or on that date. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?
  21. T

2012 Ford Explorer Order Guide

When the 2011's first came out the blogs were quoting the EcoBoost engine at 237hp... One Example: http://www.distrocars.com/2011-ford-explorerhttp://www.distrocars.com/2011-ford-explorer I'm pretty sure this is correct and do not believe the SuperCharged 4-cyl will match the V6's 290hp...
  22. T

2012 News

If this is true it is great news. I was really wanting to order my Ex around the June/July time frame, so getting in on the MY 2012 will be a nice bonus. Hopefully they'll stick in a slightly faster process for MFT and have all the 2011 issues sorted out.
  23. T

What happened to the incentives?

I don't know if they've ever been outselling production. Most of the short supply can be attributed to the quality hold and the delays with the rail system. If they ever were outselling production, I don't think they are now as lots are beginning to fill up. With gas prices the way they are...
  24. T

What happened to the incentives?

Is there something wrong with Ford's website? I haven't been able to see the current incentives for the Ex since last Friday... http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/incentives/?Referer=&PlanType=MSRP&Error=&YearValue=2011&ModelValue=Explorer&SupplierCode=&zip=75201 I believe the cash...
  25. T

Limited and power fold mirrors

http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/trim/?trim=limited#viewAll Go about halfway down the page, under the "Exterior Features". Says the following about mirrors for all Limited models being STANDARD: "Body-color mirrors, heated, memory, power fold with security approach lamps and turn signal...
Back