Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Bad Paint!!

you think that is bad...i was putting a baby changing table in that back last week, I rested it against the bumper so i could pick up the legs and pivot it in. Keep in mind this is just one of those flimsy light tables. The pivot rubbed off the paint down to the ABS plastic in a small 1"...
  2. J

Squeaking / Squealing Brakes

just started doing it at 4500 miles (while on vacation of course)...now I am in yellowstone scaring all the animals away...damn you ford
  3. J

Road Trip - 2600 miles - 8 days

oh yeah...my mileage has been terrible 17-19...but I do drive 80-84 so I can only blame myself on that one.
  4. J

i mounted the skybox to the factory crossbars. After the first 1300 miles I can report that the only noise out of the box was when the strong crosswinds would cause a small amount of chatter. It was not noticeable if you weren't paying attention. The a-pillars (that i had fixed prior to...
  5. J

I am hoping I get the numbers that you did on your trip...I however have added a yakima skybox16 to the roof of mine and I am betting that will cut my mileage. My trip consist of Detroit MI to Rapid City SD to Yellowstone to Jackson Hole to Kalispell MT to glacier and back to Sioux Falls SD...
  6. J

MFT and the HTC EVO 4g

cyanogen writes their own bluetooth stacks and the sense based roms tweak the stack and the kernel to work better with sense...its the kernel that is important in the sense roms. forum.xda-developers.com
  7. J

MFT and the HTC EVO 4g

I have been having issues with my EVO as well. I have sync 2.7 and started with the most current stock updates on my EVO...It would sync but I had no phone and no bluetooth audio. So I did a master reset and still no go. Then I tried my wifes iphone and it worked instantly. Then I rooted...
  8. J

What's your status?

yes I had the hold at yard status for the last 3 weeks
  9. J

What's your status?

I ordered a 302A with trailer, 2nd row buckets and no moonroof
  10. J

What's your status?

Finally a little movement on my end...apparently in transit and on ramp 6 at this time...hope that truck picks it up soon and then a short 4 hour drive to detroit. build date 3/24...hopefully there is light at the endo of the tunnel for those of us built on the 24th
  11. J

"Hold at Plant"

Mine was built the same day 3/24 and I am on a plant hold too...funny that cars the day before and after have been delivered...this sucks
  12. J

What's your status?

status...what's my status...how about "annoyed" 5 new Ex's show up at my dealer with VINs later than mine..what the f
  13. J

Husky / Weathertech mats - Group Buy

I ordered all of my husky liners from autoaccessories garage and they are all correct The SKUs I got were 98761 - front and rear 23781 - Extended Cargo 23791 - behind 3rd row well
  14. J

No Red or Black Paint!

Heard on the news last night that Ford told dealers to put a hold on ordering tuxedo black and 3 shades of red because they can't get the pigment from japan. They are searching for other sources to keep up with demand. ouch
  15. J

New order placed 3/1/11!!

you can check the syncmyride.com site after you enter your vin it will tell you when sync is installed.
  16. J

got the explorer built and brain installed today. Right on schedule...now the big test, will they make the eta of 3/28. Fingers crossed
  17. J

Mobile Internet Issue

you still have to pay to use a a usb highspeed modem to get the wifi access...this was never going to be a "free" feature. USB highspeed modems will likely be more expensive than the hotspot feature you can add to your phone
  18. J

just a question about vin#s...shouldn't there be vin numbers in sequence before or after mine...only the last 8 digits should be changing on a given model yet I cant find any vins available within 1000 ahead or behind...i was just trying to see what my line partners were ordering. 1FMHK8F85BGA45983
  19. J

Joined the window sticker club today...build date 3/24 My dealer also told me that the eta is 3/28 and I can get it 3/29 I know its a long shot but I am crossing my fingers...that would be order to delivery in 28 days...maybe the production is speeding up or they just take care of Detroit...
  20. J

My New 11 Limited

Nice...I wanted the pecan interior but for whatever stupid reason it isn't available with the red metallic.
  21. J

Build day is supposed to be 3/24 so by some of the other post my window sticker should be available tommorrow I already ordered the full husky package with the front and second row, the extended rear coverage with the 3rd row down and the well coverage for the space behind the 3rd...
  22. J

Got a build week of 3/21 for my limited...when can I expect the window sticker to become available...this week or next? Has anybody added the bug shield or vent visors to their Ex...does it look good or should I forget them
  23. J

DVD Headrest and other options questions

I just ordered the "Grantwood Technology's Car Kit and Mount for iPad" off amazon for 35 bucks. I was going to go with a headrest mount one but i didnt want to have to take it on and off and loosen the aparatus over time...so the grantwood one is essentiall a case with a strap that hooks to the...
  24. J

Husky / WeatherTech Floor and Cargo Liners

husky put up a cargo mat that is for the deep well behind the 3rd seat this morning so they have -1st row -2nd row -cargo with 3rd row folded -cargo well behind the 3rd row now i just need a 3rd row floor mat and i can spend 500 bucks on mats...good lord
  25. J

I just got an email from my dealer that says I have a VIN number (45983) and it should be here by the first week in April That was fast now that i have a VIN what can I do with it...how can i tell what the build date is going to be...were are you getting all of your information about this?
Back