Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

I filed the complaint before I posted about my issue on this forum. I agree the more documented complaints about this the better. Ford really should do a behind the scenes recall if they don't have the availability for a mass recall yet. They should tell the dealerships to repair the issue as...
  2. W

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

add my 2011 XLT 4wd to the list. l was going about 20mph into a turn, my power steering completely went out in an intersection. Luckily, there wasn't heavy traffic, I was able to muscle the car over to the right and turn on a side street. I took pictures of the service advance trac warning...
  3. W

What should I pay for 2013 XLT Explorer

see if your employer has xplan which is for ford specialty partners and employee family members. Also try going to the internet or fleet departments only. I paid $31,500 for a 2011 explorer with a $100 doc fee. I think that's gone up now. I ordered my explorer new so it was made for me, it...
  4. W

Adding Bluetooth..?

She will love the Myford touch and sync. My mom in her 70's thought it wasn't so important. But even the bigger screen for the backup camera is very nice. She saw my explorer xlt and loved it, but didnt want to go as big so she bought a 2013 edge. To save some money she opted out of the...
  5. W

2013 Explorer XLT - Sync complete POS

had me until you said BMW flawless. My friend loves my explorer. he said his BMW is a POS and it's a 2012. Tech is one thing that can be an issue for anyone. Bavarian Money Waster is what he's been calling his car. For some reason they put sensors under the spare tire for the drive...
  6. W

Sync Services - for what?

Yup- I use the sync app on my iphone when I'm going to places where I don't know the exact location. It works very good, the routes could use some updating. (We have a new highway opened over a year, that runs about a half mile from the old highway. Sync says I'm off route) but other than...
  7. W

Backup Camera Resolution

I have an 11XLT and my picture is crystal clear. Unless water gets on the lens cover, or the occasional car wash getting a little wax on it. My friend with his new X5 BMW was irritated his picture isn't as clear. Another friend with a BMW 7 series is extremely upset, he doesn't even have...
  8. W

Are you Fed up with MyFord touch like i am??

I love my Explorers myford touch. I haven't had any real issues. sync's perfectly with my iphone5. Reads my text messages, I have to push the home button on my iphone, but that is because of apple not myford touch. Takes voice commands like a champ. Turn to sirius NFL... check, raise...
  9. W

Sync dead?

The only time my sync has died is due to something in my iphone. It will work fine and every once in a while when I forward a song, it kills sync and the system reboots. It happened 10 times in one day then as crazy as it came, it hasn't happened in a month, knock on wood.
  10. W

Aftermarket wheels

I was looking through Explorer pictures and can't find the one I liked again. Luckily I wrote the name down. The Explorer had KMC Wheels XD rims Model is Thump, it looked pretty suhweet. But there was only 1 picture that I could find and now I can't find that picture again. Does anybody...
  11. W

Called dealer to get TSB's fixed.

WOW- I feel lucky. I took my X in yesterday and my service manager said he didn't know about the TSB on the breaks. He looked it up said he'd fix it. I got my X back 2 hours later. So far no squeal. It was embarassing at stop lights and worst of all my occasional In-N-Out burger run. I...
  12. W

Just brought my 2012 XLT to the shop after only 400 miles

lol your comment is funny. I took a friend to the Chargers Ravens game a couple weeks ago. He'd seen my Explorer but never seen inside or ridden in it. When he got in he looked and said *** this is an explorer??? He said he'd owned an explorer and was amazed at how much better the new model...
  13. W

Does anyone have a MFT system that works?

I don't have the navigation just the turn by turn and the iphone sync destinations app. It is great. Got me through some tough 1 way streets in newport beach california no problem at all. keep your chin up. It will get better. When you roll out to 100's of thousands of different user...
  14. W

2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise

iphone 4 and sync version 2.8 calls were excellent and going down the freeway at around 75mph... um I mean 65mph
  15. W

Cat's out of the bag!

My iphone 4's have been a joke from the begging. Why would you want that snake oil salesman Jobs trying to fix My Ford Touch. Dude sold a phone because it looked nice, but if you hold it wrong it WONT make a call or TEXT. I waited hours for my texts to go out on IPhone 4, until Apple gave a...
  16. W

Ford should be proud

Great Thread Idea. I love my explorer. One of my friends saw it yesterday and was amazed at the technology and how cool an explorer can be. It's only going to get better and better. The ride is smooth. My X has no squeeks or rattles or odd brake sounds. I take it smooth while I'm...
  17. W

Ford should be ashamed

Iphone voice recognition is horrific. I tried using it a few times. It was late at night, I said play Danzig. It CALLED a girl in my phone book whose name starts with D and doesnt sound at all like Danzig. I hurredly hung up and had to explain why I was making late night calls at 3am the...
  18. W

Ford should be ashamed

I'm amazed at how well my explorer and sync work. My Iphone 4 was a mess out of the box. (This is my 3rd IPHONE 4) I would bet many sync errors can be corrected by people clearing the cache on their iphones and doing a hard reset of the phone. I know my iphone is the root of any errors...
  19. W

Syncmyride.com Frustrations

I got a call from my dealer yesterday. He said he had researched the VIN error I was having in syncmyride. Told me to bring it in. I thought this would take a while. When I got there the service manager took my keys and said it would only take a few minutes to resolve. Sure enough 20 min...
  20. W

Security/remote start experts, I need some insight

The dealer installed my alarm. It is the ford alarm and it was defective. I went in to have it fixed and spoke with their alarm guy. I asked how the quality of the ford alarm is. He said it's the same company that makes VIPER, he said it is a chinese manufuactured part and occasionally they...
  21. W

sync Destinations Iphone App

sync destinations (has the circle with the R in it) it's free. I found it on the iphone. I've seen a bunch of reviews where it crashes on ipad. It's a very basic app.
  22. W

sync Destinations Iphone App

Anyone have any neat tricks for the Iphone App. I've just started playing with it. It allows you to add up to 25 points (destinations) on your Iphone and name them. When you get in your car you can say Navigation and as an example vacation. Then it will use your phones GPS to give you...
  23. W

Blue Tooth Phone

I don't have any wind noise complaints and I use my phone frequently. I'm assuming everyone having this issue has their windows up while driving.
  24. W

Sync My Ride

Fun. Everytime I use IE9 even today, I get the error message must use a supported browser. Every other website works. I chatted with sync support a couple minutes ago they said ignore any error messages, thaty it's just a glitch on their side.
  25. W

Turn on traffic nav deal?

You can either download the commands or just go to the top right corner and push navigation. Then the voice will say state the city and state. Then it will ask for the street or address. It's not bad. My dealer just showed me it today. If you program your home address on sync my ride you...
Back