Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Electrical help!!!!

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/amps-wire-gauge-d_730.html Here's the copy-and-paste link instead. Sorry it didn't work the first time.
  2. M

Electrical help!!!!

Amps and Wire Gauge - 12V Circuits Here's a link to a decent wire sizing chart for 12V circuits that may come in handy. I use the website that this comes from alot at work. TONS of good info about almost everything.
  3. M

Electrical help!!!!

Oh crap. I hope all is still ok? It's important to fuse your wire as close to the battery as possible to prevent things like that.
  4. M

Electrical help!!!!

You can connect to the positive terminal by the fusebox. Just make sure the wire that you use is fused properly. What are you wiring if you don't mind my asking?
  5. M

step bars

I can confirm three as I just removed mine today. The two bolts on the bottom use threaded clips. The one on the top has a threaded insert in the back of the rocker panel.
  6. M

For Sale Going to sell my Sport Trac (2002 4x4)

I don't know which is scarier. That pic or that you're selling your Sport Trac.
  7. M

cruise control switch compatability

Thanks for the response. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me before I went back & grabbed them before someone else did.
  8. M

cruise control switch compatability

I was at the salvage yard today getting a bolt for my brake caliper bracket & found a set of good cruise control switches for the steering wheel. Unfortunately, they're on a 1995 Explorer Sport Limited. Does anyone know if they will work on my 2001 Sport Trac?
  9. M

2002 Sport Trac tire pressure Question

My tires look like that at the max PSI. I don't really think there's anything to be done about this. I bet it has something to do with that huge chunk of metal in the front that makes the thing go vroom. Exact same tires in the back with the exact same PSI and they look fine right? I don't...
  10. M

Microgaurd oil filter question.

I went through the same thing when I did my first oil change. Bought both filters, pulled the old one off & compared with new ones, returned the other filter the next day.
  11. M

Microgaurd oil filter question.

I have the job 1 engine. This is the same part number for mine. I am not sure if it is the same for the job 2. What do you currently have installed?
  12. M

150K miles and time to replace my shocks

My truck finally rolled over to 150K miles last night on the way home from work. I wish I had a camera for that moment, but oh well. What type of maintenance should be done at this many miles? Also, I know I need to replace my shocks. Any suggestions for brand/type to look for? I'm not...
  13. M

Building a trailer

Thanks for the replys. I'm looking to build it all myself, so I'm thinking the link from da2962 will help. Anyone else have suggestions? Thanks!
  14. M

Building a trailer

I was not planning on building a camper trailer. She wants something like a Gypsy wagon style getaway. Not something to take on trips. The only reason I want to make it on a trailer frame is so if we move, we can take it with us. Most of the time, this will be stationary and most likely will...
  15. M

Building a trailer

I'm thinking of building a trailer for my wife to use as a getaway from the kids. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to do this? My plan so far is to find a 6x10 utility trailer to use as a base. It also needs to be towable behind my 2001 4.0 Sport Trac. Does anyone have any information...
  16. M

Trac DEAD, what should I do with it?

There's always the option of donating it to a vocational school as a project vehicle.
  17. M

Best Fuel Economy?

Don't do any quick starts, and use the cruise control. I have a 2001 4wd sport trac and I can get 20mpg out of it this way. Synthetic oil definately helps.
  18. M

Where the poo should I put my switches?

I had an idea yesterday on the way to work. I reached up to open my sunroof and realized how much open area there is in my overhead console. I think that would be an excellent place to mount a couple of switches. Just a suggestion...
  19. M

Painted the "4.0L SOHC" letters on my engine cover

LONO, I think you scrubbed a bit too hard. :eek: You completely changed the engine!!
  20. M

Black Ice equals bent rim, axle, shackle, u-bolts and busted rearend gears... WTH !!!

Oh the hazards of driving in pennsylvania... at least your family wasn't with you. I'm sure mine would have freaked out. My wife says that in PA, if you go off the road, you end up in someone's roof. Where as here in Indiana, you'll just end up in a ditch. Sorry to hear about your...
  21. M

Still have chimes

You could always just disable the chime. if you don't want any, find the chime, cut the wires, tape them off and you're set.
  22. M

Looking at purchasing Sport Trac, Need advise

Well, by posting on an explorer forum you already know what everyone's answer is going to be. I'm sure you can do alot more with that sport trac than you can with the nissan.
  23. M

Ordered me some LED's

This is something I've thought about doing as well. Hope you get before and after pics.
  24. M

New Noise driving me crazy

That's the only thing I can think that it would be as well.
  25. M

Painted the "4.0L SOHC" letters on my engine cover

I wonder what else in that engine compartment is going to be "touched up" with the red paint now. Oh the possibilities...
Back