Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. stretchman

Found a Merc. 2007 premier v8 69000 on the clock anything bad about year

Picked it up tonight settled for $4000.00 after I *****ed about the tires being needed. Coming home low tire light came on, made it home and right rear was about 7-8 lbs low. Blew it up and we will see in the morning. I have had three Explorers but this thing just feels a lot different, like its...
  2. stretchman

Thanks for all the replys. I pulled the switch on it except for a test drive tomorrow and a clean Carfax (waiting to get the vin) The lady that owned it since new had a day care so never drove it much. Last time I had a Merc was in the mid 1950's. Had a 1951 2 door, wish I still did! Thanks...
  3. stretchman

Just need a runner to get to and from work, just wondering if there are anything that is bad about this year. Needs tires but have not driven it yet. Totaled another Explorer 2002 a couple of months ago, hit in the rear. Thought I would try my luck with a Mounty. Thanks for any help or hints...
  4. stretchman

Moving up from a 2000 EX. Any bad thing's to look for 2003-2006?

Thanks, that what I needed to hear, Guess I will save a little more and move on up to a 2007 plus. I have had such good luck with my ex's that I want to keep on driving them, R Thanks, Bill
  5. stretchman

Moving up from a 2000 EX. Any bad thing's to look for 2003-2006?

Totaled my 2000 explorer and before that my 1998 explorer. Neither my fault just Seattle traffic. Would like to move up to a 2003-2006. Any years to avoid or things to watch for? Thanks for any help. Bill
  6. stretchman

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

217,000 no probs. I am the second owner, have complete records from the dealer, ball joints and tie rod ends were done before I got it at 130,000. The usual with radio and info center lights. Did brake's and wheel bearing's last year. Change the oil at around 4000 miles and I also pre oil before...
  7. stretchman

Cannot remove overhead console

there is a thread on here on how to resolder, thats usually all that's wrong
  8. stretchman

Cannot remove overhead console

You do not have the two screws. Pull back the window molding on the rear of the console and the console will come down in the rear. There are the two clips on the front, just pull it down and release the wire plugs and you are done. gook luck, just did mine.
  9. stretchman

99 Eddie Bauer w/moon roof map light replacement

Hi, Mark, I will be using the parts that work so you have no need for my bad ones. Thanks for the reply and good luck with your EX, Stretch
  10. stretchman

I picked up a whole used unit as my compass and temp failed ($26 on ebay) be glad to send the balance along to you for the postage.
  11. stretchman

There are two clips on the forward end, pretty stiff but will come out ok. pull the back first and then the front. hope that helps
  12. stretchman

Pre Oiler

I think a starter or battery would be easier to change than front and rear chains. I do not do it every time, just when its been setting for a couple of days or its really cold out
  13. stretchman

Pre Oiler

I put the gas to the floor and crank till oil pressure comes up. Take foot off gas and it starts with no rattle.
  14. stretchman

Last year for manual transmission full size explorer

Thanks, don't like my chance of finding one.
  15. stretchman

Last year for manual transmission full size explorer

Would kinda like to have one but no idea of years?? Thanks, Stretch
  16. stretchman

manual transmissions

Thanks, Any special part of the country to look?
  17. stretchman

manual transmissions

When was the last year available? Thanks, Stretch
  18. stretchman

4WD lights Flashing

I know this is an old thread but wanted other folks to know that the - batt disconnect for 20-30 minutes fixed my flashing od-4hi-4lo lights. Thanks again for a great forum.
  19. stretchman

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

187,000 plus a couple. Feeling the need for wheel bearings.
  20. stretchman

Found the expansion tank completely empty

Chased a leak for a couple of weeks. At 187K thought the worst, head gasket, cracked block. Turned out to be a cracked thermostat housing (PLASTIC). Mech I talked to has replaced a bunch of them, What the heck was wrong with plain old cast iron?
  21. stretchman

Replacement of tail light assembly 2000 explorer

Thanks, I was getting ready to see how hard it would be drop the bumper. Sure look like screws. Thanks again.
  22. stretchman

Replacement of tail light assembly 2000 explorer

Feel like a dummy here but how do you get to the bottom two screws/nuts to replace the whole thing, thanks, Stretch
  23. stretchman

Headlight low beam malfunction 2000 XLT

Have a 2000 XLT that I replaced the headlight bulbs with the bluish ones hoping for more light. Not so good and then the low beam went out on drivers side. Replaced with new bulb and still no low beam. Happen to anyone else or any ideas? Thanks Stretch
Back