Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Michelin Tires

I have the Michelin's. I only drive with them in the summer, as I have a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks mounted on 17" rims to run in the winter. Mine have maybe 20k on them. When I put them on for the summer 2 weeks ago, I noticed that they are starting to crack around both the tread and the...
  2. J

Magnaflow exhaust

It took a month or two and now the drone is minimal. I was considering switching back to the old exhaust, but by the time that came under consideration, the drone had all but disappeared.
  3. J

Magnaflow Catback installed...

I've noticed the same thing....I still will get a drone but the range isn't nearly as big before. It's now about 51-52 mph instead of between 50 and 60
  4. J

110V only on Limited?

You don't to worry about that when you have a Ingot Silver XLT ;)
  5. J

Adding remote start 2011 XLT

I bought my Bi-Directional and had mine installed all through Hiller Ford and the Ford Accessories website for $301.00. My range tests from inside buildings range from 300 to 400 feet. Up north in the woods, it works from over 1000 feet.
  6. J

OK, how do I make this thing go FASTER?

Adding the Magnaflow Cat Back with a K&N Drop in filter seemed to give me a little extra "Zip" although it's nothing earth shattering.
  7. J

Adding Garmin SatNav - Hide the power cable

The center where the shifter is, and when you lift the armrest, the black felt lined inside.
  8. J

I don't have photo capabilites...but all I did is took a nylon pry tool and put it under the silver trim and slowly popped it off. I think there were 4 or 5 clips holding it on. Then I was able to squeeze the power cable between the vent trim and pulled it up around the top of the vent so it...
  9. J

I mounted my GPS on the dash in the center, and ran the power cord through next to MFT under that silver piece, and then into the center counsel....works great!
  10. J

What have you added to your 2011 Ford Explorer since you picked it up?

The ones I bought were H11 SU/2 , they are actually 4000k
  11. J

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

Last time it happened to me in the wet, I tested it by flooring it, and the 4wd still seemed to work though.
  12. J

MFT Screen Removal

I think I started at the top with a nylon prying tool just long enough to get my fingers inside, and then just yanked it off.
  13. J

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

I have the same "Issue" or non-issue with mine. My light hasn't come on and I've had my tires on over a month now....of course with no snow.
  14. J

MFT Screen Removal

It just pulls off. There are like 6 small snap clips that hold it on. Make sure you pull by the clips so you don't break it.
  15. J

Ford starts Beta Testing MFT Upgrade

It's at the bottom of the right hand LED cluster......
  16. J

My point is, It's still right in front of you anyways even if it's not on that screen, it's on the other. How many places does the vehicle need to tell you the wrong time and temperature?....lol.
  17. J

Rear Bumper Protectors

Thanks!! I've been waiting for that one to come out! Sucks that I wasted the money on the Ford one, but at least I'll never have to see the 2 knicks in my rear bumper ever again!
  18. J

Does it really matter? It displays it on the dash next to the time on the Right Side menu by the speedometer anyways.
  19. J

Which mats are better?

The ford ones are great for summer, not much more. I purchased the Husky's and am extremely happy with both their fit, and their coverage
  20. J

Upgrade headlight to different bulbs (non HIR/HID)

I got the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's....they are brighter, but they are only projected to last 125 hours of run time, so I'm going to swap them out and only use them when I'm not driving around the city. The swap is easy enough....and I'm just not confident enough in my abilities to install an...
  21. J

New here, seriously looking at buying.

My 25 year old sister thinks the back seats of the explorer are 100 times more comfortable than the Highlander. She's rode 2+ hours in the 3rd row of each, and the Explorer wins hands down! I love my Explorer and don't regret buying it for a second!
  22. J

What have you added to your 2011 Ford Explorer since you picked it up?

Visual Garage has the antenna, you just have to contact them about it through the website. I haven't noticed a reception difference. I don't have Nav, so I couldn't tell you, but it's supposed to work fine with Sirius. I don't have a subscription, so I can't test it.
  23. J

Magnaflow Catback installed...

I would LOVE to know how to get that mileage......If I go over 70, I drop to under 22....and my sweet spot of about 62 will only get me to a max of 25...and I tend to baby it when I'm on the interstate just to TRY to improve my mileage.
Back