Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Blackberry QNX to Replace Microsoft

Find me another company that makes you pay more for the higher end system that has LESS features than it's entry level system. You can't. SYNC 3 is what MFT should have been. Now us current owners get the shaft. Ford and this type of tech just don't jive. Even this new system looks outdated and...
  2. T

How much gas left after the gauge says 0 miles??

I touched on this last year when I replaced my 2011 with a 2013. I continue to reach "0" miles to empty with about 16.5 to 17.0 gallons used. I monitor and track every fill up and I don't get how so far off this system can be. I've been to the dealer and how do you explain an issue like this. Of...
  3. T

Vehicle Health Report not working.

That did it. I had an Automatic plugged in. It worked right away without it installed. Thank you very much!
  4. T

Vehicle Health Report not working.

Vehicle Health Report Strange issue with not being able to generate a report. I'm running the latest version of SYNC and cannot get a report to run. Once I try to run the report it gives me an on screen message saying my mileage is too low and the odometer needs to have at least 200 miles on...
  5. T

Sync Applink?

I get that not everyone needs and/or wants AppLink, each persons situation is different. But we are in 2014 now and the advancements in technology are moving faster than ever. For someone who keeps their purchased vehicle for 8-10 years and knowing now and much more so in the future how advanced...
  6. T

Sync Applink?

Wow! Why even continue to manufacturer your most advanced tech (MFT) if it will never support your most advanced features? Seems to me that Ford is shooting themselves in the foot on this one from a marketing and consumer perspective. This field is only going to accelerate. Unless Ford does a...
  7. T

Sync Applink?

Being a tech person I have been trying to keep quiet on this for a long time. I have owned a 2011 Explorer Limited and now own a 2013 Explorer Limited and to find out today that Ford is updating older vehicles that have SYNC to be able to use AppLink and still not have MyFordTouch supported is...
  8. T

Possible Issue, Please Advise

Jeff, nice to hear you got to the bottom of the issue. I'm glad our conversation helped you out. Enjoy the vehicle. I am loving mine.
  9. T

Ford at CES 2013

It blows my mind that MFT still does not support AppLink. There is no excuse at this point. A complete slap in the face for the owners of MFT who have spent up to 2 1/2 times the amount over a vehicle that has it. One very upset 2013 Explorer owner.
  10. T

Fan Behind Steering Wheel

edub, I have the same issue. When inside the vehicle and sitting still I can hear a noise from that small vent. I previously had an 2011 Explorer Limited and it was silent. I've been dealing with it. I don't feel like having my dash pulled apart and possibly creating a new noise. It's bad enough...
  11. T

Passenger seat shakes

I have a rattle in the passenger seat of my 2013 Limited. The only way to get it to stop is when someone is sitting in it.
  12. T

How much gas left after the gauge says 0 miles??

Bill, this isn't alarming to you on how far off the trip computer is? I just posted in this thread about similar issues and it's bothering the hell out of me. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3054536&postcount=49
  13. T

Your actual mileage may vary??

I continue to see strange numbers with my 2013 Explorer. Before this vehicle I had a 2011 Explorer and owned it for 16 months. During that time I had 57 fill ups and averaged 18.9 MPG. I use an iPhone app called Gas Cubby to keep track of mileage. It matched Trip 2 on my Explorer with the same...
  14. T

New Explorer's After Bath

Looking Good. What are the rubber guards you have on the back bumper? I have the Ford one but it does not bend over the edge like yours.
  15. T

Compatible 3G/4G Modems

nitzer51, what is that status of you using your USB stick in your vehicle? FreemdomPop, a company who is offering 500MB of free Internet each month went public beta today. I was hoping to get their USB stick and keep it plugged in inside the car. And like you said, whenever the vehicle is...
  16. T

Outside Keypad

That would be nice and I hope it's that easy for me. I will update the thread with my results. I'm looking at a few weeks out before I get to the dealer.
  17. T

Outside Keypad

Something must be up with my keypad. I attempted to reset and then enter a new code from the pad and nothing. I'll get in touch with my dealer to try and get it fixed. Seems not to be a simple fix, that pad looks to be integrated into the door. Errrr...
  18. T

Outside Keypad

I'm not sure on how to a hard reboot so I didn't try that. But I do have the new updated installed and was hoping that would have fixed it. My main issue is MFT allows me to add my code but nothing works from the outside.
  19. T

Outside Keypad

I'm having an issue with my outside keypad in my '13 Explorer. I went to go set a new code via MFT settings and when I put the factory code in it did nothing. Just sat there. So I did a factory reset and after that it allowed me to enter my code. It confirms it and says it was added. The only...
  20. T

Just to update everyone on my original issue. The vehicle is back in my possession and the issue is completely fixed. It ended up being a steel brake line and transmission cooling line hitting each other during acceleration. A small washer was installed to keep the lines from touching. In case...
  21. T

Bad News No AppLink for (current) Explorers

I feel like Ford has completely dropped the ball on this. Owners of MFT pay a premium to get the better radio but are so far behind other car manufacturers and even there own SYNC systems. For someone who is passionate about technology this saddens me. Plus it seems like every new car out now...
  22. T

Alright, so I heard back from the dealer and they seem to have it fixed. They mentioned there is a service message (not TSB) for 2013 Explorers on my issue. The issue is a steel brake line and transfer cooling line touching. This is causing the rattle noise. They have instructions to separate...
  23. T

Trade in amount covered the balance of my existing loan. Then financed 100% of purchase price for the 2013. Interest rates were lower than previous loan so I was able to keep my payment about the same. At the end of the day I basically leased my 2011 for 18 months. With X-Plan and $1750 in...
  24. T

Just to update, I couldn't wait until my trip and decided to call the dealer this morning. I met them and took it for a drive with a tech. Too bad it was raining pretty hard out so it was difficult to hear the full extent of the noise. I told them to keep it until they fully hear it and could...
Back