Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

High Beam FAILURE

This is not the case on our explorers. A moving bulb would be required with a dual filament bulb, however our 11's have a single filament 9005 with the high beam being controlled by a moving cover or shield in the lens assy itself.
  2. S

Bulb size

Most Hids are are 35w as opposed to the 9005 i believe being 65w. Initial firing of the Hid's go up a little I dont remember the spec off hand. But the hids will draw less current... The 9005 bulb is actually used as the high beam in most 4 bulb systems.
  3. S

High Beam FAILURE

do you here the "cover" inside the lens assy make noise-sort of a clunk whenm you hit your high beams? With the projector lens in these explorers the bulb itself is lit high and low, beams controlled inside the housing. Its very possible you dont have the bulbs installed in the lens properly...
  4. S

Flex fuel?

That is the exact opposite of what you want to do. The more Ethanol the worse this problem. E85 contains more ethanol than E10 or E15. Not to mention E85 will be lower performance and gas mileage.
  5. S

Flex fuel?

WOW IS THIS THREAD CONFUSING... E 85 Ethanol is the yellow pumps-you cannot use this in or x's. Only for use in flex fuel vehicles. E 10 & E 15 are ethanol blends @ 10% and 15% respectively. Most pumps you go to will have a disclaimer on them (any station that has ethanol blends must post)...
  6. S

Battery Issues

It is 100% possible this battery has never seen a full charge after sitting and awaiting delivery. When my cousin worked as a lot attendant for a Chrysler dealer, he told me many stories of dead batteries and cars simply being jump-started and handed to customers when sold. My opinion is to put...
  7. S

Just test drove X today; pricing is tough!!

My cousin bought a Ram over F150 because he got a better deal on it. Im talkin like 10k. I know he regrets it everyday. But he justifies it by saying hemi. Now Ford has em beat there too:D. I have yet to see a vehicle with worse factory paint quality than that thing, not to mention a laundry...
  8. S

seat recliner recall and engine noise issue

All other posts have said this is normal, your dealer told you its normal. Why does it sound like maybe its not? Most vehicles with variable cam timing are gonna make some noises, its is audible from outside the vehicle. Most people dont even recognize it.
  9. S

Rustproofing / Undercoating

like my post states, no rhyme or reason to which ones. But you also need to know where to look. Most all cars have "spots" that are notorious. If someone wants an opinion from a PROFESSIONAL get it done.
  10. S

MFT Display Problems

wife told me that more often thasn not at home screen, the presets do not display. however on audio menu they are available on the right. Back to home screen and presets are not there...
  11. S

Just because some of you think you dont have rust, does not mean it isnt there. The European vehicles seem to be the only ones that come from the factory made to withstand harsh environments, however I have seen my fair share of them rust out as well. This week alone I have 2 jobs sitting here...
  12. S

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I ordered one on Thursday. They are real...
  13. S

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

anybody got a ford rear cargo area mat? i know alot of you have weathertech and husky. Im curious about the ford
  14. S

It all depnds on where you live. If you live in an environment where you see alot of salt put on the roads in the winter & you want this car to last then YES, absolutely YES get it rustproofed. Here in Pittsburgh salt gets thrown on roads for a dusting of snow, noone knows how to drive once they...
  15. S

homelink

i definitely had the door open both times
  16. S

homelink

Mines a year old craftsman, but i think new ones are all pretty much the same. not gonna lie i didnt read the x manual. i just did it like i program my oter buttons. ill check the manual next chance i get
  17. S

homelink

has anyone else had trouble programming?? cant get mine... ive only tried twice though...
  18. S

If it's a problem with the rails....

i was told that most of the feb builds are stuck in the back of the lot...:rolleyes:
  19. S

Think I'll wait

The dealers do not have to honor the x-plan, as I found out this weekend. It is a bummer that they would do that to you, but as we know dealers are what they are and out to make money. Its a business.
  20. S

What's your status?

ordered 12-30 built 2-22 eta 2-27 then 3-6 still awaiting shipment gave up 4-1 pick up replacement tonight
  21. S

I Gave Up

sorry, rustproofing. lets split hairs. ARE two separate things not IS
  22. S

I Gave Up

Believe it or not, this is a March build!! Thats why I was willing to go for it. I had A Feb build on order. Rustproofing is a MUST here in Pittsburgh. Ask me how I know, I make a living under cars. Own a shop, vehicles rust out as much and easily today as they did 20 years ago. Things are...
  23. S

I Gave Up

Sick of waiting for my Dec.order to show up. Been waiting since my build on 2/22. Agreed to take a look at a Platinum white with Pecan interior 301a package with tow and moon extra. Once my wife saw it we were done waiting. Little different and more $ than our order(Red Candy 202a with tow...
  24. S

Union strike at the railyards?

i hope you get yours sooner than most of us have been waiting... awaiting since 2/27
Back