Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Everyone here should thank PeterK9 for his work on this forum!

Hear! Hear! PeterK9 is a great asset to this forum. Keep up the good work Peter and please don't go anywhere! Ercole
  2. E

Broken Outside Mirror

Who says lightening doesn't strike twice?!!! I'm not too proud to admit that I did the same thing...gulp, again. It kills me having to think I have to purchase the entire driver's side assembly mirror again for that lousy plastic black bezel surround piece that sits just behind the mirror. I...
  3. E

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Hi Everyone, With this situation going on so long now, I'm curious what everyone has been doing about it or what they're been offered. I was notified by my dealer that Ford was offering to pay half the cost of re-painting the hood, or $300 out of pocket for me here in North Jersey. It's...
  4. E

Broken Outside Mirror

dj, I purchased my mirror through Benny at Levittown Ford, who participates in the forum and will no doubt reach out to you. Benny offered free shipping and the piece was about $350 and I knew I was getting the correct part. But the real upside was that Benny provided the instructions for...
  5. E

Bumper paint repair

Wow, sorry, I'm just a desk jockey. I dropped off the car off and picked it up when it was done. It's Red Candy and honestly, I can't tell where the old and new paint begins. He has done work on a number of cars for me over the years, so maybe this little repair was for my loyal years of...
  6. E

Bumper paint repair

My body guy (happens to be a Ford Authorized shop) just charged me $250 for my corner bumper. Someone must of grazed it pulling into a parking spot. They blend it in and don't have to do the entire bumper. I recommend that route.
  7. E

Broken Outside Mirror

Thanks for directing me to that thread Peter. Very helpful. Ercole
  8. E

Broken Outside Mirror

I may have to bite the bullet here. Now, has anyone replaced their driver's side motorized mirror and can offer any tips or recommendations before I go changing it? I'm thinking this is a DIY task. Ercole
  9. E

Broken Outside Mirror

Hi everyone, The black plastic piece that surrounds the driver's side motorized mirror cracked into a few pieces when I was backing the truck into the garage after a few too many glasses of wine. Not good. Nice way to end Father's Day. The mirror, motor, painted piece, everything is...
  10. E

Popping, Clicking noise from front. Newer TSB

Thanks Peter, I did find this one and am bringing the printout with me when I go to the dealer. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384555&highlight=suspension+creaking I just wouldn't describe the sound as a creak. Bumping, thumping, rubbing coming from the suspension...
  11. E

Hi Crystal, Will do. I'm only at 33,500 on my X, but slightly over the 3 yr mark. Still love the ride. Just purchased the Escape Ti for my wife. What a fun car to drive! I'll circle back after tomorrow's check up. Ercole
  12. E

I'm dropping my X off tomorrow for them to take a look. Has anyone received a diagnosis on this noise. Mine occurs whenever you go over a bump or are driving on a bumpy road. All is quiet on a smooth ride. Sounds like it comes from both side of the front suspension, not just from one side...
  13. E

Rattle - help!

If the rattle disappears when someone is sitting in the passenger chair, then fold the passenger seat and lift as if letting someone in the third row. Look at the floor and you'll see the metal loop that the second row seat locks into. I used some duct tape and wrap maybe 2 or 3 turns around...
  14. E

Minor Accident What would you do?

I understand not getting the insurance company involved. It only leads to further premium increases. However, you should have called the police to at least file a report so as to have third party documentation of the accident. It still doesn't need to go to insurance, and most time the...
  15. E

Windshield Noise/Squeek/Rattle

Hi Pete1. Hope you're enjoying your "quiet" ride. Just checking in to confirm that replacing the circlips did the trick. Even though I've recently "graduated" from the 3 year class, I did bring my Ex into the dealer about this issue before my 3 years was up (1st trip back in January, 2nd in...
  16. E

Hi Pete1, Would like to know the outcome of your visit Monday to rectify the sound from around the front vent. The second attempt didn't work either, so I wanted to see what they performed for you and if you could share what was written on the work order/invoice sheet. Thanks. Ercole
  17. E

Hi Sarric, Would appreciate knowing how you made out at with the repair yesterday. I'm having the same issue (though I've been posting in the dashboard creak thread) and see my issue is what is being discussed here. If you can, can you share with the group the TSB number or description on...
  18. E

Dashboard creak

After 2 attempts by the dealer to stop the creaking noise, the sound is still there. It sounds like 2 pieces of Styrofoam rubbing together when riding over bumps in the road (well, now potholes!). I can tell you exactly where it is coming from. On the top of the dash in the front by the...
  19. E

Dashboard creak

Hi Lwolf Was the squeaky dash something that was repaired/dealt with in the same day? This winter, mine is noticeably noisy even when in interior cabin warms up. Just curious that the dash appears the same after the fix as before. Thanks. Ercole
  20. E

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

One last item to note. When the receiving of text to voice message stops after a couple of weeks (meaning I'm getting messages on my iphone but not through MFT), if you go to the MFT screen, touch Phone, then touch Messaging, a pop up box appears with the message "the phone you have is not...
  21. E

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

Yup, notifications was always "on". Never off. And it didn't happen just once, but many times. Granted, I can now delete the phone and phone book from MFT and delete Sync from my phone, re-pair everything all over again in about 2 minutes flat and text message to voice works beautifully again...
  22. E

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

Hi, Rebecca, maybe you already know the answer to this, but when I set up MFT to receive text messages, it works great. Repeats them back nicely. But after a week or so, it stops. I have not recently updated my iphone, though I have updated the operating system with the most recent...
  23. E

Squeaky noise from dashboard when turning - 2011 explorer

That's it, Fox. And it's expected to get even colder. I just crank up the Christmas tunes to drown it out. :thumbsup: I think I'll have to take Chystal's advice and bring it in. My 3 years is up at the end of January. Ercole
  24. E

Squeaky noise from dashboard when turning - 2011 explorer

Hi, This winter more than the prior 2 that I've owned my X, I'm getting some squeaking from the front dash on the drivers side, definitely noticeable in the cold. This doesn't happen in the summer. But we got blasted with some ice last night here in North NJ and each bump in the road make...
  25. E

Rearview Camera Problems

Hey Trey, See my conclusion in thread #32 here. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3182450&postcount=32 It should be covered under your warranty. Ercole
Back