Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

mjenk430 02 Sport Trac SAS

Sorry guys, it's been a few weeks since I've worked on or really even thought about the truck. I'm trying to save up money for wheels and tires. What do you guys think about 20"x12" with 38x15.50 open country or mud grapplers?
  2. M

Just placed order on rock auto for the G20 brake lines. They looked like they should work with the saggy calipers. For $5.13 a piece, I'll take my chances. Also ordered the snapon reamer. Hope to go pitman arm hunting at the junkyard on Friday.
  3. M

Did those chevy van brake hoses bolt right up to the wagoneer calipers with no modifications?
  4. M

I did my SOA on the rear today and swapped the stock rear springs back in. With the warrior shackles in the rear, the SOA, and the stock spings it sits pretty level now. I know there is the mystical explorer/ranger lean to the driver's side, but this is a little much. I can't figure...
  5. M

Thanks for all the great info!! I haven't checked to see what my caster angle turned out to be yet. I was going to use shims if need be to correct it. I guess I'll start there. See if it needs to be rotated and if I am real lucky correcting it will help fix my draglink problem. If...
  6. M

Here's a little visual walkthrough of how I did my steering rod if anyone is interested. I cut 4"-5" off the slip portion of my stock steering rod and slid the plastic bushing thingee down on the now shorter rod. Stock rod is now shorter. I then took the steering rod that I...
  7. M

If I go with a straight pitman arm to raise the draglink, is it really bad to not have the draglink at a similar angle to the tierod? Or is it just not ideal? Otherwise, does anyone know someone who sells a taller steering arm? How much clearance at ride height do you guys think I need...
  8. M

Yeah, but I still have the 4" superlift springs in the rear with the warrior shackles. I would like to go back to the stock springs for more flex and a smoother ride one I do the SOA. I don't think Chad's is quite as high as mine is in the front, but I could be wrong. I have 3" HD lift...
  9. M

Anyone have a link to where I can purchase extended brake lines that will work with my setup. I haven't done any research or searching around yet. I figured if someone already knew where to look it would save me the time. Thanks.
  10. M

You and me both!! It might be a couple of months before I can afford tires and wheels. I sold my old ones, but that money went towards paying the credit card bill from all the money I had already spent on parts. Hey Chad, if you are following this thread, what's the height distance from the...
  11. M

OK. Some updates and pics. I got the truck back on its own weight this past weekend and semi-steerable (no power steering yet). No brakes yet though. Major items left on to do list: power steering lines, brake lines, some misc welding to finish up, shocks, sway bar, flip the rear axle...
  12. M

Ok, I called Parts Mike on Friday. The guy I talked to wasn't sure if their pitman arm would work with my steering box. He said he'd never heard of anyone using the box out of an explorer. He said there arm fits all of the jeeps and Chevys, but he didn't know about a ford. I'm going to take...
  13. M

Thanks for the info and the link. I started looking around the Parts Mike Website and found this pitman arm: PM1104A Pitman Arm 3.5" drop large draglink ES2027Ll taper It's already reamed out for the larger draglink end. Will this work with my 2nd Gen Explorer steering box? If so, I won't...
  14. M

I'm looking for a dropped pitman arm for my explorer steering box. Are they pretty much interchangeable between different vehicles (Jeep, Ford, Chevy) or do I have to get one specifically for a explorer or ranger? Anyone know where I can purchase a reamer for the pitman arm? I did a quick...
  15. M

For Sale 4 Mickey Thompson 36x15.50R18 + Wheels

For sale are 4 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radial Tires 375/60/R18 (36"x15.5"R18) + 4 Mickey Thompson Classic II 18"x10" Wheels with 5x4.5 Bolt Pattern and 4-1/2" backspacing. Tires are like new with VERY few miles on them. If I had to guess, I would say 90%+ tread life. Just check out the pics...
  16. M

Thanks for the reply. Good luck with your stock-piling. I thought the same thing. "Hmm, I'll just see if I can find that waggy axle for now" "Well, I found the axle, guess I can order some of the parts to start putting that together." Before I knew it, out came the plasma cutter and there...
  17. M

Will I be able to have a driveshaft made that works with my stock transfer case or do I have to change transfer cases?
  18. M

OK. I have some concerns. First, the pictures: Leafs Tacked in Place I am using the stock 74 wagoneer springs for mockup. I will probably go with a 2" lifted spring once I decide exactly where I want it to sit. Like the new wheels/tires? :) Spring Mount Doesn't that frame...
  19. M

2002 Sport Trac SAS

Hey Chad, I'm working on my 02 ST SAS and I was curious how far forward does your axle sit from its stock location? I have tacked my front and rear mounts onto the frame as far back as possible (radiator in front, body mount in rear) and according to my measurements I am 4in further forward...
  20. M

It will definitely be going up for sale once I get everything sorted out. I will let you know. Any good wheeling spots down your way??
  21. M

Got the suspension, 4" superlift, and stock differential dropped this evening. Untitled I have off until Monday so hopefully I can make some major progress this weekend. Still need to remove the rack and pinion. Then it's time to break out the plasma cutter and grinder. Lots and...
  22. M

Chevy S-10 Solid Axle Hanger Kit It's actually designed for the S-10 but I saw where another user on here had used the kit for their explorer, so I thought I would give it a shot. Here's the link to j_mazala's SAS thread: 98 XLT Dana 44 on Leafs I will still have to do some fabrication on...
  23. M

Pictures of my Trac's new shoes.

When I used to have 15x10 M/T Classic II wheels with 33x12.50R15 M/T Baja Claw Radials (before the 4" superlift) I would have problems with the calipers knocking the wheel weights off the wheel if they used the "stick-on" type weights. Not much clearance between the inside of the wheel and the...
  24. M

Updated parts list in first post. As you can see, decided to stick with the leaf springs rather than a linked setup. When it came down to it, I just don't have enough confidence in my fab skills to tackle the linked setup. Maybe in the future, once I get some more experience under my belt...
Back