Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Road Trip..

Ouch sorry to see you got scalped....
  2. N

Fluids Change Frequency

Blinker fluid and High beam grease every 15,000 miles LMAO!!!!
  3. N

Road Trip..

Have fun..Im sure they have snow up north. I live right north of phoenix, az in a little town called Peoria, Az. The grand Canyon is probably one of the top 5 most breathtaking things Ive ever seen.
  4. N

2006 Explorer Xlt

Mine always sounds like a mack truck during the summer in the garage...then again I live in Phoenix, Az so I expect it.
  5. N

6R60 trans fluid temp ('06-'10 V8 only please)

Run the scangauge II on my 2006 V8. I live in Sunny Arizona so my temps tend to be a bit higher...but considering its 105 in 10 pm.. Anyway, it is usually around 170ish-185 around town no towing. Only time it spiked to 205 was going up a 6% grade for about 8 miles. It was over 100...
  6. N

Gauge Cluster Plexi glass

Swap it out with a junk yard piece. I don't think this has ever been covered on this MB.
  7. N

Keyless entry code

Usually in a little card in the owners manual case. If not the dealer can get it for you (for a small fee im sure).
  8. N

ABS light after tranny flush - any connection ?

IMO a brake fluid change is easier than a trans fluid change anyday.
  9. N

Where to do brake fluid flush ?

I did it myself, picked up the air powered tool from Harbor Frieght but ended up doing it the old fashion way. No issue at all.
  10. N

Short dipstick????

Same with mine, it takes more than you think to show on the stick.
  11. N

Amsoil Dry Air Filter or Intake kit

At most some are seeing .5-1 mpg difference. Given the cost/ life of the upgrade. You will NEVER get your money back or receive a savings that exceeds the purchase price.
  12. N

U-Haul?

When I ordered mine online, just said it was an Expidition...no issues at all when I picked it up.
  13. N

HID Xpert Q & A thread.

I have a 2006 Limited, so the high/low beams are completely functional without any dash warning lights?
  14. N

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

x2 with Zaino..really good stuff. Expensive to use for a daily driver. Used to use it all the time on my show car and it looks fantastic. Can't buy it at any store.
  15. N

Part Number for 2006 OEM Navigation

Im interested in swapping my factory in my 2006 Ford Explorer with the 6 disk changer for factory navigation. What part numbers are compatable? Looking at: 7T4T-18K931-BA Any help would be appreciated.
  16. N

Adding cooling fan to Stock TransCooler

I was doing some reading last night and the 6R60 doesn't even send fluid to the cooler until the transmission reaches 185-195 degrees. I have also noticed around town that flat land it will run 175-185 under light load. So im going to hold off on adding an additional cooler until I do some...
  17. N

Im going to add the monster cooler on first and see where the temps are at then. If I need some more after that..ill throw the fan on.
  18. N

Overall size 11 5/8 x 11 x 3/4 Looking at this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330542466610&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT Next one down is 11" x 9.5" x .75"...
  19. N

Going to take measurements this weekend, going to slap in the biggest one that will fit on the drivers side of the radiator. Im going to keep the stocker. The biggest pain is going to be running to the Stealership to pick up a quart or two of Mercon SP to top off the trans with the addition of...
  20. N

Electric E-fan on a 2006

On a somewhat related item, made the run up north to see the grand canyon. About a 6% grade for 5 miles. Doing about 75 mph the temps rose to about 205 ish and the trans temps did about the same.
  21. N

Electric E-fan on a 2006

I live in Peoria Az on the north side by Happy Valley and 67th Ave. Where about do you live?
Back