Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Adding roll bar to a 2nd gen

Hi i have a 1999 xlt and i would like to install a roll bar on it. Ive looked a CJ roll bars and they look like they would fit, most CJ's are 68.5 in. Wide and my explorer is 70.2 in. Wide. Has anyone done this project? If so id like to know how it worked out, or if people have opinions id like...
  2. F

1999 explorer SOHC water crossing question

I was off roading on the sand trails in Hatteras island, NC and i was doing some water crossings in the sippie holes there. the water was only about 8 inches deep at the most but after the second crossing, about 45 seconds after i was out of the water, my engine cut out, it started right back up...
  3. F

swing away tire carrier.

Hi i am wanting to to get a swing away tire carrier on my 1999 explorer xlt like the bronco has. i think this would help even out the weight and make my spare more assessable. dose anyone know if it would be possible to attach a swing away tire carrier on my explorer? is the bronco or bronco II...
  4. F

1999 Explorer with a rear end sag.

Thanks, just after i posted i realized it was in the wrong category. And thank you joe dirt this weekend i am planing to get new springs.
  5. F

Hi serous explorations

Hi, I just got my license and my dad surprised me his 1999 ford explorer XLT, i have so many memory's in that truck, when we bought it, all the road trips and vacations we took in it, it was the first car i drove. i am very proud to own such a great truck and i hope to meet more explorer lovers...
  6. F

1999 Explorer with a rear end sag.

Hi, I just got my license and my dad gave me his 1999 explorer, the truck I grew up riding in, taking road trips in and drove for the first time in. I'm so proud to own the truck that I have so many memory's in. For 12 years we have been towing a very heavy boat that almost exceeds the towing...
Back