Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Water Leak

@MM07 Thank you I saw the pictures... Do you know what kind of tape that is?
  2. M

Water Leak

Thanks.. I tried the search function and I was not able to find anything. I will start my reading.
  3. M

Water Leak

No moonroof.
  4. M

Water Leak

If had myExplorer for 10 years now, by far the longest vehicle I have ever owned. Overall its be fine not too many issues. Recently I have discovered after heavy rains I have a puddle of water in the rear cargo area. Fortunately I have a Husky liner and as far as I can tell the water has...
  5. M

Stupidest change in v3?

I have decided to turn off my 911 assist. Every time I start the Explorer it asks me if I want to enable it. And yes I have gone into the menus to turn off the notification reminding me if I want to turn it on. Doesn't matter it still asks.
  6. M

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

I was bug free before the update never once has a problem. I would think if my APIM was bad it would have been bad before the update. I have a sneaking suspicion that either the SD card is corrupted or maybe they didn't give me a new one. Does anyone have a picture of what the old card...
  7. M

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

My upgrade problem Just got back from my dealer installed upgrade. I would have done it myself but I wasn't eligible. I never had one single problem with any part of SYNC in the past year of ownership until now. The Explorer is finished so I am in the lot playing. Attaching my phone...
  8. M

New High Performance Explorer???

Was that steering angle sensor part of a TSB?
  9. M

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

With the announcement of the Sport version I wonder if they will have a white LED light.
  10. M

Really, I would think comparable to a limited.
  11. M

Any mention of price in the articles?
  12. M

Just to preface, this is purely my opinion and I could be completely wrong. I'm sure when they were designing the new Ex they wanted to stuff every option into it, but due to time constraints and keep costs from getting to high they don't. Once it's released to market, Ford can now focus on...
  13. M

I always tell myself never to buy first year of a new model, due to problems and limited options. But of course I did it again. Aside from all the other issues, the biggest one with this Explorer is the lack of power. They should have had the 3.5 EB from the get go. At the time I needed a...
  14. M

Dang..still nothing from ford

I have a build date of March 31, 2011 and guess that people with earlier build dates would also have to get the update from a dealer. I have to go to the dealer because I won't be receiving a blue packet. As others have said, syncmyride.com will say whether or not you need to go to the dealer...
  15. M

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

I never received this letter, I checked sync website and it said that the dealership has to do the install. Called Ford who verified this. :mad: I then contacted my dealership the earliest they can get me in is April 7th. It will take several hours to do but they did confirm that they will...
  16. M

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Dracut, Ma here. Nothing yet, hopefully tomorrow. :(
  17. M

K&N Intake

Looks great. I have been waiting for a company to come out with an intake. When you get on the throttle does it make a suction sound? Last one I had on another car made a noise like that and I loved it. Mind if I ask what it set you back?
  18. M

Mod chip for 2011 explorers

DO NOT BUY! Definitely a scam. I hope some company comes out with something. I had a Diablosport Predator for my SRT-8, even the canned tunes really made a difference. I realize that the market might not be there but it still would nice to have the option to buy something.
  19. M

Ford Remote Start Accessory

It's a Ford kit. When I placed my order, I added the power lift gate. My salesman told me that you can either have the power lift gate or the remote start. The key has 4 buttons unlock doors/lock/panic/ and the 4th one is used for either the power liftgate or factory installed remote...
  20. M

Husky vs Weathertech Liners

Yes, all rolled up. I'll have to do that this summer.
  21. M

Husky vs Weathertech Liners

I have the Husky liners for the 1st/2nd row, and cargo area. 1st and 2nd fit perfectly, the cargo area one that I bought was 3rd row seats folded. The only issue I have with that is that the left and right side don't sit flat they sorta curl up, not much but just a little. I tried to weigh it...
  22. M

Finally Activated Well, it took a few weeks but finally made it to the dealer to get my remote starter activated. Took them all of 5 minutes to do it. I've used it a few times and so far I am happy with it. It's very easy to change the setting via the steering wheel. Definitely worth the...
  23. M

OK, how do I make this thing go FASTER?

I am really surprised and disappointed that Ford didn't release a V6 EcoBoost engine in the Explorer. Aren't these engines the same as in the Flex? I would be all over a v6 EcoBoost version.
  24. M

I'm located up in the Merrimack Valley Area. That's good...as long as it works without problems I'll be happy. I don't need my remote starter to work 2 miles away through 10 walls while I'm on the 20th Floor.
Back