Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Ford Programmer to access Service Menu's 2010 ST

One bit of knowledge that might be helpful: Does VCM I cover the 2010 trucks, or would it need to be VCM II ?
  2. C

Cloud Talking - Engine Swap for 2010 ST

I'd love to hear from someone with real world results from the moddbox m90 install. Here is a link: http://modd.me/product/06-10-explorer-st-supercharger-install-kit/ 5.5lbs of boost seems like a nice result... 294 hp 235 hp(rwhp) 258 lbft ~5.5 psi Pulley Included in Kit Tune Required...
  3. C

I have a scan tool for codes, I'm more interesting in accessing service menus to play with stuff like DRL's and accessing more parameters than basic code readers allow.
  4. C

Yeah. Maybe 10% of that cost lol. I thought things would have started to open up on that market after so many years, but I guess not.
  5. C

My truck will be off warranty in about a week! I think at this point I want to just get the thing through the winter haha... I like the supercharger idea simply due to the fact I get to keep the mill in the truck.. In the long run an ecoboost would be amazing, but probably a bit involved ...
  6. C

I figured it would be best to ask this question in here, as opposed to the Sport Trac forums, simply due to the amount of traffic in here.. Can anyone tell me what product or programmer the dealers use when they want to access Service Menu's on these trucks? I can imagine it's a device Ford...
  7. C

Tranny flush

I'm going in for my 96,000km service interval soon on my 2010. I also tow occasionally, and have zero transmission problems at the moment. I want them to flush it as there is still 10000km on the warranty I purchased from Ford... hoping they don't give me flak on the idea of a flush. Not sure...
  8. C

I'm not afraid to dump some coin into my ST in the next couple of years. I'm almost over my Ford purchased Warranty on my 2010. It's sitting at 98000km right now. I've been considering just what might be a good swap or modification. My goal isn't extreme performance. It's about better...
  9. C

2010 4.0L Vacuum Leak??

Truck is going back to the Dealership Monday, I'll post the results.
  10. C

2010 4.0L Vacuum Leak??

I'm not talking about wide open throttle. I'm talking about when there is a little load, and the throttle plate is partially open. I've always understood that to be when there is max vacuum in the upper intake.... At any rate, I've had it pointed out that it might be a line under the dash to...
  11. C

2010 4.0L Vacuum Leak??

I have had a frustrating issue since I bought my 2010 about 18 months ago. I have a noticeable vacuum leak under the hood, primarily detected when I'm at about 1/3 throttle - coming off lights or accelerating, likely when vacuum is highest in the intake. I've had it at my original...
  12. C

Want to install wind fairing on stock roof racks

My stock setup isn't making noise when empty, it's when I have loads ratchet strapped down. I've learned to twist the straps a bit so they don't vibrate as bad, but considering I haul stuff around on a weekly basis, I'm thinking a fairing is a good idea. Might help with airflow / mileage on...
  13. C

Want to install wind fairing on stock roof racks

Anyone here have experience with installing a Wind Fairing - like this one : http://www.etrailer.com/Roof%20Rack/Ford/Explorer/0/TH870XT.html?vehicleid=0 ..but using it on the stock roof rack?? Thanks
  14. C

Diablo Tuner for '10 Explorer 4.0L V6

..and I'm somewhat surprised the Adrenalin didn't impress you that much, glad you're not itching to upgrade !
  15. C

Diablo Tuner for '10 Explorer 4.0L V6

Interesting stuff... I notice a difference in responsiveness with the Superchips Cortex tuner, but nothing drastic. I am glad I can play with the shift points and firmness a bit, and compensate for different tire sizes. I'm also fairly satisfied with the 4.0L, but I daydream occasionally about...
  16. C

Just bought a 2007 ST8 - Cant use Warranty for 30?

Yes. Emissions regulations killed the 4.9. Sin really, as they did a great job with the EFI versions. Turbo only limited by head stud size, and press ins. Everyone I know who's done it was limited in pressure by that fact alone, nothing else. My future build: Scenario "A" Carb: 390 CFM...
  17. C

Subwoofer options w/ stock stereo

No six disc. It's been 5 years since I've played a compact disc. Gave away what ones I had.
  18. C

Just bought a 2007 ST8 - Cant use Warranty for 30?

All of this has me feeling lucky my minor issues earlier this year were handled when I bought my '10. Overall quite happy with the truck. No issues after putting nearly 20,000km on in 5 months. I do have the full meal deal warranty, and by the time it's up, likely within 2 years - I should be...
  19. C

That is very interesting TBT, thanks for the head's up. Perhaps better speakers than stock are worth considering, but maybe stock unit isn't up for that either. Definitely not messing with stock stereo unless it craps out off warranty.
  20. C

I'm not an audiophile. Sync with iPhone is as good as I need. I do occasionally think I'm missing out by not having factory subwoofer however. I'm 90% CBC Radio One in the truck, but sometimes I'll rock out a bit. What's the deal? Can I get a factory sub and plug 'er in ? Wiring ? Were...
  21. C

What will replace your Sport Trac?

I should also note that if the ST is still trucking on fine after 2 or 3 years, I may be in no hurry to replace it..
  22. C

What will replace your Sport Trac?

I'm too brand loyal to move into something else. My ST only has 66000km on it. I have full warranty almost 3 years and 50000km left to go. Once I get to that point, I'll likely move to an F150. If Ford has another smaller option at that time I might consider it, but I can't see how they'd bring...
  23. C

Superchips Cortex 1950 Review - Tune - 4.0L

Yes, I got clarification that the tuner is definitely doing what it reports. I'm continuing to learn a bit and will continue to report my experience here, but yes a serious factor with the Cortex 1950 is that you wouldn't be wise to buy one where Sport Trac's are not properly supported. You...
  24. C

I don't blame you. As I say, I'm not convinced yet it's doing anything on the engine side - maybe just transmission points. I do notice the econo tune seems to upshift quicker and hold the higher gears longer before downshifting - i.e. lugging. I'm already considering alternatives to the...
  25. C

I dug a little more on the superchips forums.. It is the V8 explorers that aren't supported apparently... the 4.0L is ... This is gleaned from reading through some threads there. I posted a question in one of the threads asking for more clarity.
Back