Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Sync turn by turn - Charges?

Ford doesn't charge for the directions.........it calls out for the down load through your cell phone. Each call can take up to 2 minutes or so..............this may be making you go over your minutes allocated. I know I use my phone a whole lot more now that the direction and the phone call...
  2. M

clock time

Clock problem as well. I have version 2.7 and have had to reset the clock several times. It happens more when I check Daylight Savings time. If the clock is set properly let's say 6:00 pm and then I click the Daylight Saving to on it jumps ahead 1 hour. I change it back to 6:00pm and it...
  3. M

MFT Text now working

I have a droid X and I started with version 2.2.1. It only works once in a while. The only pattern I noticed is if I received a text while I am out of the Explorer and then get in and turn it on it may notify me (might not).........I have never gotten one while I am in the Explorer with it...
  4. M

Suggestions for aftermarket DVD players

I am having an aftermarket overhead DVD installed tomorrow. They are cheaper and with at least a 9.5 inch screen makes it easy for the third row to watch.
  5. M

How has your Dealer Been through This Process?

Point well taken. I guess we all just need to slow down a little - what is the saying "good things come to those who wait"!!!!!!!
  6. M

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

I was talking about the brochure with the rebate in it! Not important now anyway. I talked to Ford Marketing and they said that my brochure won't be coming with any incentives in it. They said not all of them do and when they looked me up in the system I was one that isn't getting anything...
  7. M

How long did it take you to get the e-mail? I order mine on Monday evening and just found out yesterday that I pick my EX up today!!!!!
  8. M

Can I Trust My Dealer?

I got my dealer to send me a spreadsheet with all the cost spelled out. The spreadsheet has there logo and info on it. I am paying cash and that is what the check is going to say when I bring it to them tonight................I hope they don't try anything funny! After the long wait and the...
  9. M

I am the one that started this thread and there is some comfort in knowing that I am not alone in my dealer experience. I do want to clarify something however. I completely understand that the dealers hands are tied in dealing with Ford Production. The delays are out of their control. And...
  10. M

Still Waiting

The dealer talking to me just started today. A guy that works for me know the service manager at the dealership. For the last 12 weeks I have resisted the temptation to call him to get some answers. Today I couldn't hold off anymore. WOW.......is he responsive! The wait would have been much...
  11. M

Still Waiting

Thanks......I have complained so much I now feel bad if I wait to pick it up. I did get some free splash guards for it.
  12. M

Still Waiting

Well after all this time I pick my Ex up tomorrow. But I just signed up for the brochure last night. I had the dealer check and I am not registered yet for the $750..........is there anyway to check on this myself? I really want the $750 but I don't want to delay picking the car up! Any...
  13. M

That is great to here. I don't buy many vehicles so I don't give the dealer many chances for them to be "good" or "bad". I am also aware that people don't like to call other people with bad or no news.......but it is nice to hear from someone every once in a while. Even if it is to tell you...
  14. M

I want to know how everyone's dealership has been through this "waiting for our vehicle" process? I don't think mine has been too great but I don't want to judge to quickly. As usual before I actually ordered the vehicle the sales guy was all over me. E-mails, phone calls etc.........once...
  15. M

There goes another ETA

I got a new status yesterday of "released to be shipped". From what I can tell that means that a carrier has been assigned and should be picked up soon. My dealer is telling me it is in transit. I have an ETA of 3/30 which is tomorrow. My dealer is 35 miles away from the manufacturing plant...
  16. M

Still Waiting

This would be great. Now I want to wait several days. Is there a way to check to see if I am in the system?
  17. M

Still Waiting

I just ordered the brochure. My vehicle is suppose to be in on Wednesday.........I ordered it by email and mail. My dealer has already given me a $1500 rebate.........I wonder if I get the extra $750 if they would honor it?
  18. M

Still Waiting

What is this explorer catalog you speak of?
  19. M

Ok.....was just on anther post and saw that you can pull up the window sticker. So i put in the VIN that the dealer gave me almost 4 weeks ago and low and behold - it isn't my vehicle. So all my calls to CS i have been giving them the wrong VIN. So i called my dealer and they gave me the...
  20. M

MFT issues continue still after dealer visits

I don't have my vehicle yet but I did sign up for syncmyride and this is what it shows for my software versions: Sync VersionGen2 - V2.7 Confirmed installations BT4T-14D546-AL BT4T-14F496-AN BT4T-14F497-AL SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F603-AL Waiting to download 0 items. They should at...
  21. M

Just for fun I called customer service again. This time I got the ETA of March 30. The same I got on call #2 today but was told on call #3 that this information didn't exist. Still no call from my dealer! 4 hours!
  22. M

OK this is getting more frustrating but comical! I called customer service again and the new customer service person I called said that the original ETA was March 23rd.........but it had a "plant hold" but now has been released to "awaiting shipment" with no ETA. I told him that another rep...
  23. M

Yours might be going by rail. I think that is what they mean by hub. The rail yards don't like to keep them for very long. Matter of fact they charge for storage after 36-48 hours (typically)...... I just called my dealer and they said they will check for me............my dealer talked me...
  24. M

Seni just replied back with this answer: "Rodney, I am not showing anything for your ETA but an old outdated March 23 date. As of today, they have not updated the system to show a real time ETA. Sorry that you received other information. Seni" I am sure she is pulling her hair out...
  25. M

I just got a note from Seni as well saying the same thing....but when I called the customer service number they gave me the ETA of March 30..........I sent a note to Seni inquiring if she had that info. Still waiting to her back!
Back