Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Codes and Gas Smell

Well, about a week ago now, my fuel pump died on me, leaving me stranded at work. Fast forward a couple of days, my buddy and I bought a replacement "Precision" unit from O'Reilly and dropped the tank, got it in there, yay, problem solved. Or so we thought. A couple of days go by, and I...
  2. L

Help! Transmission has me stranded!

Update Okay, so I used our insurance to have the Explorer towed back to my dorm parking lot. I would ordinarily have it dropped off at the transmission shop, but I am now in college, roughly 130 miles away from the previously local shop, and am unsure as to how to get it back there.
  3. L

Help! Transmission has me stranded!

So, yesterday, shortly after noon, I loaded up with my buddy and headed out to a local off-roading trail in my Ex. It was probably about 15 miles out of town, we went up there, conquered some really tough obstacles requiring 4low, and headed back to town. About ten miles out of town, I noticed...
  4. L

Replacing Things!

Well, when I was down there I was looking at the hard brake lines and they seems to be in pretty great shape. And yes, the leaf springs seem to have some surface rust.
  5. L

Replacing Things!

Well, I was looking at my new rear bumper the other day that Geico so graciously purchased for me, and I noticed some problems. The driver side leaf spring shackle has rusted to the point where I can see through it, and the other one looks like it is about to get to that point. So I am going...
  6. L

Tires

Less than $200, per tire, for sure...
  7. L

Tires

Hey all, New here. Anywho, my dad recently bought me an Explorer as my first car. It is a 1996 Ford Explorer 4-door 4WD with the 4.0. Now, my tires aren't as bald as they could be, but I want to start off-roading soon, and I have a feeling those tires will need to be replaced in order to...
Back