Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

A/C clutch squealing/grinding?

Well I'm back from vacation so it's time to get this thing sorted out. I took off the serpentine belt and the compressor pulley spins freely and easily but does make a clanking/rattling sound. Also, all of the other pulleys fit nicely and securely, but the A/C pulley has a bit of play to it...
  2. 2

There is some "red-ish" stuff on the clutch itself, I had just assumed it was rust. I'll double check, but I'm fairly certain the noise was coming from the compressor.
  3. 2

My 99 4.0 SOHC Sport has suddenly decided to make a strange noise. It seems to be coming from the A/C compressor. It's kind of a squealing/grinding noise and I can't figure it out. All I know for sure is that some part of the compressor is the culprit. I don't know for sure if it is the...
  4. 2

1999 Explorer Sport 2WD - Brakes Shot

Thanks a lot guys, you've been a great help!
  5. 2

I appreciate the help, like I said, I'm tight on money, but that won't stop me from putting quality brakes on my vehicle. BTW, mods please move this post to the regular non-911 section of the board so people don't pad their post count by crying about someone's mistake. Thanks
  6. 2

Hey man, its really nice not having a vehicle and having to take the bus or carpool to school, I'd say thats pretty 911. :thumbsup:
  7. 2

Thanks, I've searched the site but hadn't found any mention of specific brands. Mine is used on-road only, its my daily driver. All I'm really looking for is something similar to the stock braking performance. I'm a broke college student on a relatively tight budget but I will not skimp out on...
  8. 2

Technically not an emergency, but my Ex is currently out of commission and I need to get it back on the road ASAP. My front rotors are just about shot, the rears probably aren't doing to well themselves, thus I've decided to park it for a few days while I get new brakes on there. Anyone have any...
Back