Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Faulty 110v outlet?

I found mine loose also. It does not grip the plug very tightly....especially 2-prong plugs. I spread the prongs slightly and it would grip better. I eventually bought a short 3-prong extension and plug into the receptacle end of that. The 3-prong plug of the extension holds very well.
  2. W

mft v3.5.1 dst?

Mine did not change automatically. (3.5.1)
  3. W

Seat belt sensor?

It is a setting. The manual gives the steps (pretty complex steps). The driver and passenger sides are programmed separately.
  4. W

Sync and iOS 6

I also had the same results. The only variation I have is that I had the iPhone 4...not a 4S, but have the same results.
  5. W

MFT Update

What does the 3.2.2 update contain (additions and fixes)? When I updated the first weekend, it did not list what they were. BTW - the update works for me in every way.
  6. W

MFT Update

Does anyone know what new features-fixes are included? Fords list doesn't say anything about that....only that it takes awhile and do not turn off the car...
  7. W

REVIEW: I picked up new 2013 Ford Explorer this past Saturday (3/31/2012)

I have found that the key fob is DEFINATELY interfered with when my iPhone is in the same pocket. Sometimes the car never recognizes the fob being in the car. I just have to keep them in separate pockets. I would expect it to be a bigger problem for women carrying both in their purses.
  8. W

Key Fob Range

My fob has major problems when I have my cellphone (iphone4) in the same pocket. So, I don't keep them in the same pocket!
  9. W

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

My dealer ordered the parts for my 2011 last week. They came in today.
  10. W

Hail Damage

I have had hail damage twice (on a dodge avenger). Repair was done each time and looks perfect. It was costly....$1,200 and $3,000. Insurance covered it without issue (minus $95 deductible).
  11. W

Love the Explorer - BUT need advice on a few issues

The seats use something called "peltier" heating/cooling technology. Do a search on "peltier" in this forum and you will find several discussions about the seats, fans, and the heating-cooling system used on the seats.
  12. W

Door chime

There is a way to turn off the seat belt chime. It is in the manual. It is a complicated process, but it works. There is a different process for the drivers side and the passenger side.
  13. W

My review of the New 2012 Ford Explorer (After 4 months of ownership)

Lyhmes, Nice review! I have had mine for 1 year and 20k miles....I agree with everything you say.
  14. W

A Different Kind Of Start Problem

I have had weird things happen also. I did figure out why..... If I had my cell phone (iPhone 4) in the same pocket as my fob, I would get the "key not found" message, and the doors would not automatically unlock when I tried to open them. By keeping my cell in a different pocket, I have no...
  15. W

Navigation Experience

I have not had that problem in the 11 months I have had my Explorer. I put a "shark fin" antenna cover on after 2months and it caused no problems. It sounds like you have some kind of hardware problem.
  16. W

110 Volt Problem

I have the same problem. It is just not "tight".
  17. W

My shark fin

I have had mine for 7 months. Reception is fine in all areas (AM, FM, SIRIUS, NAVIGATION).
  18. W

Another video about the new MFT version.

That is an GREAT YouTube! It is longer than I thought (10minutes), but it is very informative. I really hope Ford comes thru with what they are saying.....and I hope it comes out quickly. I am not having too many problems with mine, but I know others are..... And we all would like it to be...
  19. W

MFT Text Messages Signature

I think you are finding that most of us do not have telephones that the MFT supports texting. I was not even aware that there was a line added..... I hope someone has a solution for you...... "Someday", maybe the iPhone will be supported with texting! (I am really dreaming)
  20. W

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

You got traffic+travel for an extra $24/year??? Has anyone else gotten this kind of rate? I got the $77/year for the radio.....but they want an unreasonable amount to add the rest ($140 if my memory is correct).
  21. W

Does Explorer have autolock?

Calb, Mine woks the same on both sides (as it should). It sounds like yours is defective...the dealer will fix it under warranty.
  22. W

Found a loose bolt

Are they license plate bolts/screws?
Back