Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

MFT Update 4.0

I just had mine updated and it is v3.5.1. No other updates showing up on syncmyride. Maybe one of Ford's other vehicles is on 4.0?
  2. V

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Well, so much for receiving texts over Sync. Worked for all of a couple of days. Got a text today, and it did not work over Sync. Hit the messages button and got the notice that the phone does not support messaging over bluetooth. I certainly don't want to be rebooting and resetting...
  3. V

Thanks! Now seems to be working.
  4. V

Just got back with the A4 card and the new version. I do not have the bluetooth notification, either. I will try playing with it, and see if I can get it to work. Well, I got the show notifications to show up on my iPhone 5, but, still can't receive text. Sync says something about my...
  5. V

I dropped my Explorer at the dealership today to have the cooling fan recall taken care of. Also to have the Sync update done, as I am still on 3.0.2, and the dealer has to do the update. Will be interested to see what version it comes back with, as I do have the navigation. I did not even...
  6. V

Mft upgrade

Also showing that I need to go to the dealer for the update.
  7. V

MFT Update

Looks like I have to go to the dealer for the update, as well. Not sure why I have to keep going to the dealer to get these updates. I have not been able to do one myself, yet.
  8. V

How to reset the Oil Monitor sensor

It can be found under settings, then vehicle settings, then vehicle. Then, scroll down about five spots to reset. I had a hard time finding the first time, too.
  9. V

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Never did get a part number. In fact, they ended subletting it out. This is all the info they said. SUBLET TO JUNBUG - PERFORMED TSB 12-2-7... FIXED ROOF NOISE - DONE
  10. V

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

I just called them a couple of weeks before my current sub was going to expire/renew, and told them I wanted to cancel. They immediately offered me the rate. I did have a sub that I have been paying for. I have done this for the past several years with various vehicles, and it has worked...
  11. V

I just renewed and my total came to $94.61 including all taxes and fees. I think they had a recent price increase.
  12. V

Radio Signal Cuts Out

No idea why, but, I have the same issue.I had a GM vehicle with XM and almost never lost the signal. Even under bridges. Now the slightest thing can cause a dropout. Don't know if it is a Ford thing, or, sue to the Sirius hardware.
  13. V

Is there a new MFT update newer than April 5?

I was getting no sound out of my iPhone last night. A hard reset of the phone fixed it.
  14. V

My Ford Touch Update

My dealer asked me if I had received the update in the mail, as well. When I told them the site said to take it to the dealer they said no problem. Just had the update done today, and just got the call it is ready to pick up.
  15. V

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Have mine in today for this issue. Dealer is aware of the issue, but said Ford had the wrong part number on the TSB. He also said they have another Expolorer waiting on the repair, and didn't know if they would be able to do them. They are supposed to be waiting on word back from Ford...
  16. V

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Maybe now I can get this fixed. Dealership would not fix this, as they could not replicate the issue, when I had it in for service.
  17. V

Radio Signal Cuts Out

I have had the same experience. My previous car had XM and I almost never lost the signal. Now, it seems like it doesn't take much to lose the signal.
  18. V

They are doing a free preview from Nov 17-30.
  19. V

My Ford Touch

This is certainly true!
  20. V

So what is my 2011 Explorer Worth?

I have had mixed results at Carmax. Some of their offers have been very good, and some, not so good. I had my Ford dealership tell me, sometimes Carmax's offers are crazy and they can't come near them. Sometimes, they can.
  21. V

sync 2.11 not the answer

I went from 2.8 to 2.11. At first everything was great. Seemed to be quicker and more responsive. The last few days I have started to have all kinds of random problems. I will monitor this, and see if I need to take it to the dealer. Been very disappointed with this system. I hope Ford...
  22. V

Entertainment Unit Ends Up on AM Radio all By Itself.....

I am having these same problems on 2.8. I was hoping maybe 2.11 fixed this.
  23. V

Interior Dome Lights Not Working

I have no idea why it did not shut off after 10 minutes. I have had no problems with the battery, since. I was hoping that maybe it was just a fuse, or something. Maybe we did something when we jump started it. Guess will have to take it to the dealer next week.
  24. V

Interior Dome Lights Not Working

The interior dome lights of my Limited no longer seem to come off and on when I enter/exit, lock/unlock the vehicle. They will come on when I push the actual light. The button to the lower left of the headlight control does not turn on or off the lights, either. Also, the lights under the...
  25. V

Sync 2.11, Features and Benefits?

I have been debating about upgrading, but, was worried I would lose the text function that is currently working for me. Glad to hear some results from somebody. Guess I will hold off on the upgrade, as I also have the Droid X.
Back